• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Latest Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Sprite Showcase [Update: 4/25/2006]

{Tileset}
Mockup_Misc.png
{NEW!}

{ORIGINALS}
Lizard.png

-Grass/Ground Type
Fish.png

-Water Type
Bird_B.png
{style_1}
Bird_A.png
{style_2}
-Fire/Flying Type
Wolf.png

-Normal
Snake.png

-Ground/Poison

{TRAINERS}
Trainer_Male_PC.png

-male 'hero'
Trainer_Female_PC.png

-female heroine

{STEPS}
Progress_Snake.gif

Progress_Wolf.gif

-the rectangle in the bg is the bounding box... if I plan on inserting these they have to fit within those boxes...

*if you have any questsions please post which frame number you wish elaborated on

Btw, MythTrainer Absol helped me fix the graphics inserting problem, now it all works perfectly yay!!!

Last edited:

Jedite1000

Deoxys Master
Years
those r awsome i like the water, how did u put it in the game, do u think u be able 2 import my sprites into the game?

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2006
I like them I like the grass/ground and water type the best.The colors are nice and I like the 3d look.Good job and keep it up.

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
.:Sin:. & Mighty_Mightyena_99, I'm glad you both like these sprites. It should be safe for me to contine in this style then.

I think ze 'lil birdeh needs some work though, it's design is rather boring. I might try making the feathering more elaborate, and throw in some red feathers too for a more firey look. Also actually posing it would *probably* help lol.

Belzeebub

Spriter
Years
Wow, they're really different from normal pkmn sprites but the're still great. It kinda' shows that you've got inspired from Treecko, Mudkip and Torchic. This if they're all starter pkmn, which a thought, but maybe they aren't?
Well, keep up your good and original work :D

Wilph

Deadly Sinner
Years
The 3d look is awesome. How did you do it?

I'm guessing Diamond/Pearl sprites will look similar to these.

Emma

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
Wow, they look really good... And 3D ! Hope you do more coz they are fab ^_^

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Something very original, i like it! would also love to know how you made them, i cant figure it out (though i have a feeling its simple .__.)

Eig

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
Oh. My. God. Those are really great sprites! I love the 3D look, and the Water one's so cool! If I would rate them, I would give them a 10/10. They're just perfect.

Zone

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 10, 2006
Wilph said:
The 3d look is awesome. How did you do it?

I'm guessing Diamond/Pearl sprites will look similar to these.

You use something called "shading" to make it look like that.

And the sprites are amazing.

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
Like zone said, the 3d look (aka depth) is from the way I shaded them. I'll show a step by step for my next few sprites so you can see how I pixel my sprites.

@Belzeebub: Yeah they're loosely based on the 3 starters, a reptile, a fishy-thing, and a CHICKEN!

I'm glad you're enjoying these, that helps encourage me to make more =3. I think I'll do a normal pokemon and then a snakish one next (after I fix that chicken...bird...like creature first)

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Wow. Those sprites are, to say the very least, impressive. May I ask how exactly you sprited them? Are they scratches (They probably are) or edits? All the same, they are very well done. I'm impressed, and so is the rest of the forum! ^^

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
ZephyrPlusle, these are originals. Initially I used the same pose as treeko for my lizard pokemon, but I redid the pose later.

My next sprites will include a step by step on how I did them so that should answer any questions.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
All I can say is that I like the Fakemon you did (or whatever there called). But for the picture of the grass type. Its in a circle and I see little pixels (coloring) so you might want to fix that unless you did that on purpose.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Wilph

Deadly Sinner
Years
Zone said:
You use something called "shading" to make it look like that.

:p

I meant the way that he shaded them. They obviously aren't shaded in the same way as the official sprites, as in, does he use extra tones etc?

Oh and the last one reminds me of a chocobo a bit.
I think the snakish one should come out awesome.

dude256

Pixel Artist/Programmer
Years
@Dark Venusaur: Those lil random pixels were a glitch when I imported to the sprites into the game *cries*. I accidentally overwrote other memory when I imported the sprites. Turns out pokemon games have internal limits to the size of each pokemon. Treeko for example has a limit of 47x48 pixels, if you go over that (like I did) the game will behave unexpectedly. In this case those weird pixels appeared.

But luckily Absol helped me out by explaining the limits to me. So now the problem should be resolved. I'll upload more shots later on =)

@Wilph: In some ways I used more colors, in same ways I actually used less. Each pokemon has a 16 -1 color palette (15 sprite 1 colors, 1 transparent color). My pokemon tend to use around 10-12 colors total, the rest are just leftovers. Lol the bird was loosely based off of FFT's chocobo (the beak...sorta) I love beak heads for some sick reason. Though in real life I hate birds...they tend to claw me repeatedly; very bloody mess it was.

My two new pokemon are nearly done too. So I should be uploading them soon.

Tsugaru

Twilight
Years
Wow! those are really awesome! that dont look like a normal sprite what you do with it! its awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back