• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I was born to make you happy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Are you a people pleaser? If so, how does it make you feel? Do you do it by choice, or because you just want people to be happy even if it makes you pretty upset? Do you feel people often take advantage of you for it? If not, what do you think of people who are? What's your opinion on people pleasing in general?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I am generally a people pleaser because I hate to say no and I hate to see people left out or feel bad about something. I will try my best to lift their spirits (if they're down in the first place) or I'll do what I can to be able to say yes. It's usually by choice, since I physically can't walk away from a situation I know I can fix with a simple word.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I try to please people when I can because I feel that it's the right thing to do to make them happy.

Years
I am, sort of. I like being nice to people, I like helping, but the kind of people-pleasing I do is usually for selfish reasons. When I realize that someone doesn't like me, like they have a negative view of me, I try to change that. I don't like the feeling that someone thinks badly of me. In some of these cases I don't exactly care one way or the other whether I'm doing something good or nice for them. I can't really help this.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Hmm. I guess I'm a people pleaser. I make everyone laugh. Get it? Laugh.
But, uh, I guess I only please people in real life. Not on the online world.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I wish I was because I can't say no to people who want something from me.

Years
I won't go out of my way to please someone, unless they mean a lot to me... or I am at work where I HAVE to make people happier. Thatsoundsabitwrong.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I like to see people happy, and it feels good to see a smile on someone's face and know that I've made their little slice of the day joyful; but in saying this, I really only go out of my way to make someone happy if they're really close to me. (Bestfriends, family and quite a few people on here.)

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
I won't go out of my way to please someone, unless they mean a lot to me... or I am at work where I HAVE to make people happier. Thatsoundsabitwrong.
Basically this. If someone means a lot to me I'll do everything within my power to make them happy. If I don't know them/just genuinely don't like them then I couldn't care less.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Yes, I do. I want to please people, this dosent always turn out well for me and but Im a person that puts everyone before myself, even though that can be sort of bad.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Haha, yes. I am definitely a people pleaser. Idk, it makes me feel really good to see other people happy. I'll actually go through a lot to make them happy, be it money or time. -shrug-

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I'm a huge people pleaser. I find it very hard to say no to people if I know something will make them happy and I do feel like I've been taken advantage of for that in the past, whether it was intentional or not.

Back