• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread! [read the first post!]

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
I will just step in here to say this.
Everybody here keeps talking about asking for a walkthrough being disallowed.
Well for one thing, walkthrough isn't even the best term to use, although that is the term I used in the thread.
I retrospect, it was a bad choice of words, as it is quite different.
I perfectly understand asking for a walkthrough as being against the rules, even if it isn't explicitly said, and had this been my forum I would have also close the thread in question.
This is a much different case. I have beaten Pokémon Emerald, however I would like to complete it again, doing certain challenges or 386 hacks or whatever. I was simply asking for the community to engage in a project which would help to make Pokémon playable for each and every person.
I consider myself to be on good terms with Sydian after messaging her after the thread was closed, even though I disaggree with her.
I senceerly wish that things could have worked out differently. If this site won't allow this harmless, and indeed quite helpful project I am willing to post my request elsewhere.
Best regards:
Aaron

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I honestly don't understand what part of a walkthrough request makes it discussion worthy. Leave a year or two, I fail to see how it'd garner discussion for even a period of a few weeks. ;(

And syd definitely doesn't have anything against personal you or your friend. She's just doing her job.

Edit; wow, slow internet sucks. Ninja'd by so many people. :<

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I will just step in here to say this.
Everybody here keeps talking about asking for a walkthrough being disallowed.
Well for one thing, walkthrough isn't even the best term to use, although that is the term I used in the thread.
I retrospect, it was a bad choice of words, as it is quite different.
I perfectly understand asking for a walkthrough as being against the rules, even if it isn't explicitly said, and had this been my forum I would have also close the thread in question.
This is a much different case. I have beaten Pokémon Emerald, however I would like to complete it again, doing certain challenges or 386 hacks or whatever. I was simply asking for the community to engage in a project which would help to make Pokémon playable for each and every person.
I consider myself to be on good terms with Sydian after messaging her after the thread was closed, even though I disaggree with her.
I senceerly wish that things could have worked out differently. If this site won't allow this harmless, and indeed quite helpful project I am willing to post my request elsewhere.
Best regards:
Aaron

Thank you, Aaron. I felt like we were on good terms as well, which is why I was surprised to see this come up again. Again, I still suggest asking Captain Fabio about perhaps having that in the Let's Play/Walkthrough subforum. Even though you reworded your purpose, it still wouldn't go in Advance Generation, or any of my forums. It sounds more like a certain walkthrough that would have to be created, or some different coding in the games which would also not be my territory. So there's that. Believe me, I don't like having to be the big bad guy and stand in the way of something like that. I think that'd be an amazing project to take on, but it doesn't belong in my sections, and like Derozio said, I was just doing my job. And although we disagree, I'm happy that we still respect each other over the matter, even if it got fuzzy. My problem never really was with you to begin with anyway, so just know that. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Hello,
For one, the term "Walkthrough" is not accurate; he was simply asking for some information about the map so he could pass a few areas which he cannot already pass. He is simply asking for someone, if willing, to take the time to provide him with information that other people automatically take for granted.
He is not simply asking for "walkthroughs" instead of looking them up online, in fact a regular "walkthrough" is often enough for most in-game areas excluding some complicated portions.
Anyway, on to what really matters. A unique topic was posted, and removed. You say it "doesn't fit", but you haven't made that official by documenting it. So I feel you owe us an explaination, at the very least. Why do you have an issue with this.
As well, if anyone thinks my case is isolated, take a meander through this:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277611
This thread is unnecessary and mean. So somebody proposes an idea for a challenge, it is private until Sydian approves it, however if she doesn't it's okay to publically humiliate the poster for such things as gramatical errors?
You have no idea what that person's situation is. They could have a learning disability. They could be from another country where english is not spoken. Many foreigners struggle with english everyday so they can interact on the internet. Or, they could just be bad spellers and didn't bother to proofread before they posted. The fact is you don't know. If you are bothered by my acts of advocacy, then maybe you should stop for a moment to think about how much you can bother people by being so condescending and unjustly vicious to those who you feel you aut to be greater than.
I am sorry if I myself come across as condescending, however if you are that bothered by someone calling you to task on having abused your power so to commit a cruel act against someone, then perhaps you shouldn't abuse your power to commit a cruel act against someone and then you don't have to worry about feeling that way.
If you are that passionate about not allowing in-game help requests on the site, then please, the least you could do is make that an official, written rule. Then you can close threads for it because the poster was responsible for reading those before posting.
Until then, I'll stand my ground as strongly as you will. You saw his post, and like the unapproved challenges thread, for whatever reason you took it upon yourself to steal his thunder and make him feel inferior.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hello,
For one, the term "Walkthrough" is not accurate; he was simply asking for some information about the map so he could pass a few areas which he cannot already pass. He is simply asking for someone, if willing, to take the time to provide him with information that other people automatically take for granted.
He is not simply asking for "walkthroughs" instead of looking them up online, in fact a regular "walkthrough" is often enough for most in-game areas excluding some complicated portions.

He already explained what he meant, and even with the new explanation, it doesn't fit there. Sorry. Look, I didn't choose the forums I moderate. But I take care of my forums and I do know what doesn't belong, and that thread didn't belong. So your explanation at this point is moot.

Anyway, on to what really matters. A unique topic was posted, and removed. You say it "doesn't fit", but you haven't made that official by documenting it. So I feel you owe us an explaination, at the very least. Why do you have an issue with this. This thread is unnecessary and mean. So somebody proposes an idea for a challenge, it is private until Sydian approves it, however if she doesn't it's okay to publically humiliate the poster for such things as gramatical errors?

I literally JUST explained my reasons to you in my last post, and it was not the first time I pointed it out to you. And you linking to Unapproved Challenges is completely and utterly irrelevant. Aaron never posted in there. You didn't either. I don't want you to, for that matter. That thread is so that people know why their thread is not approved. You don't like it? Don't post in there. You clearly cannot handle someone disagreeing with you or arguing with you. It's very well demonstrated here. But that thread has nothing to do with this. Neither does that forum.

You have no idea what that person's situation is. They could have a learning disability. They could be from another country where english is not spoken. Many foreigners struggle with english everyday so they can interact on the internet. Or, they could just be bad spellers and didn't bother to proofread before they posted. The fact is you don't know. If you are bothered by my acts of advocacy, then maybe you should stop for a moment to think about how much you can bother people by being so condescending and unjustly vicious to those who you feel you aut to be greater than.

Look who you're telling. I have social anxiety. I have a high temper. I have scoliosis. Waa waa waa. I know that people are fighting battles in the real world, but I am too. Don't sit here and tell me what's right and what's wrong. You're getting so far off this topic, it's insane. You need to take your own advice. I have anxiety and nervousness problems and the way you treated me definitely did not follow your own advice in the "you don't know what their life is like" so please. Kindly take your advice and shove it in your own face. Practice what you preach before you come at me with it.

I am sorry if I myself come across as condescending, however if you are that bothered by someone calling you to task on having abused your power so to commit a cruel act against someone, then perhaps you shouldn't abuse your power to commit a cruel act against someone and then you don't have to worry about feeling that way.

Locking a thread on a Pokemon forum is NOT a cruel act. If you think this, you need to get off the internet.

If you are that passionate about not allowing in-game help requests on the site, then please, the least you could do is make that an official, written rule. Then you can close threads for it because the poster was responsible for reading those before posting.
Until then, I'll stand my ground as strongly as you will. You saw his post, and like the unapproved challenges thread, for whatever reason you took it upon yourself to steal his thunder and make him feel inferior.

You are so wrong on so many levels. It doesn't belong in my forum. It doesn't belong in my forum. It doesn't belong in my forum. Please get off this topic. It's over. I'm not changing it. I have given Aaron other options. Did you even read my last post? You clearly didn't.

I'm so done with you beyond belief. The fact you told me that I need to know that people have struggles in person...I am very aware. I'm a special education major. I have my own problems. I know other people with problems. Take your own advice. Please. I'm so tired of this mess.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Spoiler:
Apologies as this case obviously has nothing to do with me, but I'd just like to point out that this kind of thread approval happens all throughout the forum. In the fan club sections, if a thread is submitted that isn't a high enough standard it will be revoked, just as it will in the ROM Hacking section or Game Development Section or Online Games section - only one thread can exist for each challenge, club, hack, what have you, so the threads made have to be of an appropriate standard.

That's not to say that people with learning/writing disabilities or any other kind of impairment are being picked on or singled out or are being stopped from creating threads; it just means that if someone needs help making a thread of the appropriate standard then they can ask for help and we'll gladly assist. If you can't speak fluent English and need help on your grammar then so be it, just ask for help and it'll be given. If you have dyslexia and can't spell as a result, so be it, just ask someone to proof read for you. We're the PokéCommunity for a reason - we'd never single out an individual member for doing something wrong, only point out that the thread/post/action isn't appropriate for whatever reason and help them change this. It's an incredibly unfair statement to say that because Sydian notifies people that their challenges haven't been accepted, that means she's singling them out - after reading through your posts it looks like you're just looking for any reason for people to single you out as your reasons are, sorry to say it, verging on ludacris, and I would be offended in Sydian's position to be told that doing her job means she's discriminating.

I can see why you may feel singled out and it's understandable to a small degree, but I think you just need to realise that we're here to help you, not hold you back. If you follow our rules and work with us, we'll work with you in return and help you post the discussions that are important to you in the right sections and the correct formats. :)

(This might seem weird coming from a random guy but I used to moderate Pokémon Clubs with a very similar thread approval system and this is talking from experience)

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
From my experience, Syd has always been helpful and responsible in her forums. She wouldn't just close something for the sake of it; there had to be a reason, and if that reason is because it didn't belong, then that's that. Any other information about the poster "defendant" him or herself is irrelevant. If you were jewish, it'd have been closed. If you were homosexual, it'd have been closed. It sure as Hell doesn't mean Syd is homophobic or anti-Simitic; or in this case, prejudice or discriminatory against the visually impaired.

Sorry if you felt that way and all, but it seems that a simple, understandable action by Syd is being taken way too personally. There's no reason to have a grudge against Syd, esp. because the person who's really the "victim" here has already forgiven and forgot i.e. Aaron.

Plus, as more people post and respond, the whole matter seems less like feedback and more like unjustified complaining / hating on your part. Might wanna quit while you're ahead, since even basic members are siding with Syd's decision at this point.

Take the advice. YouTube videos that would help you or use Google to search. Ask Fabio if such a request is OK for the Walkthrough board. There are many alternatives already suggested that ought to suit your needs / problem regarding the walkthrough / help / sidequest-hunting itself.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Apologies as this case obviously has nothing to do with me, but I'd just like to point out that this kind of thread approval happens all throughout the forum. In the fan club sections, if a thread is submitted that isn't a high enough standard it will be revoked, just as it will in the ROM Hacking section or Game Development Section or Online Games section - only one thread can exist for each challenge, club, hack, what have you, so the threads made have to be of an appropriate standard.

That's not to say that people with learning/writing disabilities or any other kind of impairment are being picked on or singled out or are being stopped from creating threads; it just means that if someone needs help making a thread of the appropriate standard then they can ask for help and we'll gladly assist. If you can't speak fluent English and need help on your grammar then so be it, just ask for help and it'll be given. If you have dyslexia and can't spell as a result, so be it, just ask someone to proof read for you. We're the PokéCommunity for a reason - we'd never single out an individual member for doing something wrong, only point out that the thread/post/action isn't appropriate for whatever reason and help them change this. It's an incredibly unfair statement to say that because Sydian notifies people that their challenges haven't been accepted, that means she's singling them out - after reading through your posts it looks like you're just looking for any reason for people to single you out as your reasons are, sorry to say it, verging on ludacris, and I would be offended in Sydian's position to be told that doing her job means she's discriminating.

I can see why you may feel singled out and it's understandable to a small degree, but I think you just need to realise that we're here to help you, not hold you back. If you follow our rules and work with us, we'll work with you in return and help you post the discussions that are important to you in the right sections and the correct formats. :)

(This might seem weird coming from a random guy but I used to moderate Pokémon Clubs with a very similar thread approval system and this is talking from experience)

Hello,
I fully understand why challenges, hacks, roleplays etc have to go through an approval process, and why many will not pass scrutany; however, there's a big difference between rejecting something/someone's idea and outright ridiculing them for something they may or may not be able to help.
If I were in that position I'd say, for example:
"(Insert user's name here), I'm sorry but your challenge has been disapproved. Please private message if you seek further information."
And then, if they PM, then I would explain that the post contained a number of spelling and grammar errors, and that is why it was rejected. This is accomplishing the same thing while preserving someone's dignity.
Or even, you could say "Your challenge was disapproved due to grammatical errors; as well we already have one that is similar." This approach even publically explains the problem, while still not putting people down.
If you read through some of those posts on unapproved challenges, the way some of them are worded... you've got to admit... is a bit unnecessarily mean at times.
So is coming up with a new unwritten rule on the fly to justify smothering something that you don't personally agree with.
If you want a rule? write it. Then there's no subjectivity. Of course in this case having a rule like that may drive newcomers away, otherwise I see no reason why they haven't already done so.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
GC, you're not in a position to dictate what a moderator should or should not do with her forum, or how she should moderate it. I apologize if you were ever given this impression.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
To be honest, your concern over Unapproved Challenges is completely irrelevant. You do not seem to be active in Challenges. It very much seems as if you are trying to just make Sydian look bad. I have looked through the thread in question and notice two things: One, that none of the responses are malicious and most are actually helpful. Two, that you as a viewer of the thread are not able to see the proposed challenges. You do not know what has been submitted, how many times Sydian has seen essentially the same thing, or the details of anything. All you see is Sydian's notice and advice, and that is not a lot to go on. You can not see the full picture. I personally would refrain from commenting unless I did.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
How is this relevant to you and your friend's problem, though? I can't help but wonder if its YOU who holds a personal grudge against syd at this point.

As for it not being written in the rules - there's something called common sense. If a thread does not hold the potential to spark a discussion, it gets locked. Simple as that. We do not need to have a seperate rule for the bazgdggsaillion kinds of threads that can be created which do not have enough potential to spark a discussion. I hope you understand.

The thread has been derailed quite a bit by you, by the way. It is meant to get feedback; not to have members attack staff. So please stop. If you feel the need to still press on with the issue, contact an administrator. Or some other hstaff that you have not approached yet. There's no use arguing over this matter over here because it's plain obvious that no viable resolution is visible at this point.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
GC, you're not in a position to dictate what a moderator should or should not do with her forum, or how she should moderate it. I apologize if you were ever given this impression.
Not trying to dictate anything over here. The OP asked for honest feedback. Sorry if mine wasn't what was hoped for. I took the offerred chance to post honest feedback without having to walk on egg shells or candy coat anything.
That's what was offerred.
Anyway, the last post states that this is not what is desired and so I will abide by it; I only hope for a chance to have reasonable private message or email communication with whoever it is who is responsible for paying this site's server bill.
I just want to know where we could have posted a thread about getting through the storyline where it wouldn't have stepped on anybody elses toes. That's all I want.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
GenuineCorruption, I'm going to ask you nicely to just drop it.

You shouldn't even have any word in it at all. Certainly you're entitled to your opinion, but you're digging way too far in a matter that doesn't concern you. The thread lock is between your friend, and Sydian, just as your infraction is between yoü and I. This happened five months ago, you really need to let this go.

I don't know who this "we" is. This is involving Aaron's thread, not yours. I'm sure he appreciates you being his spokesperson, but he's a big boy and can take care of this himself. He's certainly a lot more calm, rational, and understanding than you and, in turn, much more pleasant to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Sydian has on many occasions referred to the sections she is modding as "her" forums, and responded as if offended or at least irritated as soon as there is talk of changes to them. Like Ausadriel says, the H-staff shouldn't have to let the mods know every time they breath, but while I see why a mod would want to be notified about planned changes to the forums they mod, they should not be allowed to oppose them on the basis of some sort of personal comfort. It has seemed to me, for long actually, that Sydian is overprotective and arrogant about "her" forums. I've been quiet for long, but I would like to now - hopefully without making you too angry :,( - ask Sydian to reconsider her view on her job here. Because I've felt not a little bit intimidated before and it seems more have too.

She's been moderating those forums for god knows how long (four years? a bit less?) so I think at this point of time she's earned the bloody right to be overprotective about her forums. I don't see anything wrong with her being overprotective about them, and if she happens to be 'arrogant' about them, then it's because people have come in and blatantly disrupted the atmosphere she has put countless hours into maintaining.
This is probably one of the most insulting posts I have ever read and I think you need to reconsider some things, such as actually knowing what she is like before you make such critical judgements of her.

Edit: Furthermore, is this the Sydian Feedback Thread? No. Don't kick her while she's down.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
She's been moderating those forums for god knows how long (four years? a bit less?) so I think at this point of time she's earned the bloody right to be overprotective about her forums. I don't see anything wrong with her being overprotective about them, and if she happens to be 'arrogant' about them, then it's because people have come in and blatantly disrupted the atmosphere she has put countless hours into maintaining.
This is probably one of the most insulting posts I have ever read and I think you need to reconsider some things, such as actually knowing what she is like before you make such critical judgements of her.

Like I said, I don't mean no hate and I am sorry if it came across as insulting. I realize that she has been modding the forum for years but I still don't think there is a "bloody right" and that arrogance is in place. Arrogance might be the word I used, but maybe it won't seem that way if you know her better. But most of the people on this forum don't know her better and might see it my way. She is not doing her job poorly, that was not what I said. I guess I should have toned down the post a little more :x What I meant was that I would be happy if she just kept in mind what I had noticed :)

EDIT: furthermore, I do believe I followed the rules stated in the first post of this thread and I would like if you did too :/

• I'll re-iterate here that, in this thread, you may give feedback for an individual staff member up to and including the administrators. Indeed, here, and here alone, it's encouraged. This is the only thread in which you may do this at present.
  • No personal gripes with staff, please. "Razor Leaf gave me an infraction once and I didn't like it at all" is not constructive criticism. As always, this is a personal matter to be discussed individually with the staff member in question, either via PM or with a higher staff member. Do not bring up things like this here as that is not at all what this thread is intended to be about.
  • No rants. We want constructive criticism only. That means that we don't want you to use this thread as an opportunity to moan about how much you hate us all and how terrible we are and etc. We want problems or suggestions highlighted and we want to work with you to solve or implement them. We don't want walls of text about how bad we are, because that solves absolutely nothing.
  • Let people have their own opinions. We want opinions representative of the memberbase here, not discussions about whether or not x is a problem or if y is doing their job properly. That's for the staff to discuss between themselves, and with the member(s) presenting the issue. Not for other members to jump in and disagree with.
  • We want honest opinions of all levels of staff and, as long as the opinions are presented properly, even if we don't like what we hear we won't be judging you or punishing you for voicing your opinions. You will not be infracted, ranted at, etc. for giving a proper and honest opinion. If you feel a staff member is attacking you for your opinion in this thread then please PM me or another higher staff member and we'll sort it out.

I don't believe I have kicked anyone, just provided what I have been thinking about for a while in hopes that things could be more open.

Years
Ok, thank you everyone for your feedback on the subject. I think tensions are still a little high, so thank you for your input and, if possible, let's swiftly move on from this subject.

If anyone really wants to add to what has been said about the above subject, you are welcome to contact me directly and we can discuss it in detail.

I understand this thread can be used for feedback on an individual, but Sydian has been spoken about for nearly a page and it isn't nice to be put on display like this!

Hope everyone understands and thank you once again! :3​

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
This doesn't really regard Sydian or the current case at hand, but do pardon me for the intrusion. But I felt the need to reply to this particular post, because this mind of thinking has always been something that bothered me in this forum.
I honestly don't understand what part of a walkthrough request makes it discussion worthy. Leave a year or two, I fail to see how it'd garner discussion for even a period of a few weeks. ;(
You know, PC has always been shy about threads that seem out of the ordinary. Why is that? Looking at the thread in question, it seems perfectly harmless. I am not going to question Sydian's authority, but there was no reason to lock it. The points of rules is to prevent any heat or tensity in the forum, or completely pointless things, but it's impossible to predict that the thread in question was going to cause any of that.

What I am trying to say is, it seems the reason to lock the thread, for me, is because "it won't garner any discussion", but how do you know? How is it possible to predict that? Had the thread been left open, the OP might have gotten what he wanted, and it might have helped other people in the process. But, suppose no one replied. So what? What was there to lose for the forum? The thread would just fade away, and no one would remember it. The thread was literally harmless. (I also don't see any rules against it) In this case, locking the thread ended up leading to a much worse scenario. Now just to clarify, this isn't a jab at Sydian, because it's a universal thing to me, and when I was a mod it was something I stood by myself.
As for it not being written in the rules - there's something called common sense. If a thread does not hold the potential to spark a discussion, it gets locked. Simple as that. We do not need to have a seperate rule for the bazgdggsaillion kinds of threads that can be created which do not have enough potential to spark a discussion. I hope you understand.
Other (and bigger, before you jump to conclusions) forums I've been to allow these kind of threads, and if anything, any thread as long as it's on-topic and there was no tensity involved. Why just PC? This is far from common sense. (which is a hilarious thing to say by the way, because I've never seen anyone that believed that. Not in the internet or real life.) This is just strict.

My 2 cents.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
This doesn't really regard Sydian or the current case at hand, but do pardon me for the intrusion. But I felt the need to reply to this particular post, because this mind of thinking has always been something that bothered me in this forum.

You know, PC has always been shy about threads that seem out of the ordinary. Why is that? Looking at the thread in question, it seems perfectly harmless. I am not going to question Sydian's authority, but there was no reason to lock it. The points of rules is to prevent any heat or tensity in the forum, or completely pointless things, but it's impossible to predict that the thread in question was going to cause any of that.

What I am trying to say is, it seems the reason to lock the thread, for me, is because "it won't garner any discussion", but how do you know? How is it possible to predict that? Had the thread been left open, the OP might have gotten what he wanted, and it might have helped other people in the process. But, suppose no one replied. So what? What was there to lose for the forum? The thread would just fade away, and no one would remember it. The thread was literally harmless. (I also don't see any rules against it) In this case, locking the thread ended up leading to a much worse scenario. Now just to clarify, this isn't a jab at Sydian, because it's a universal thing to me, and when I was a mod it was something I stood by myself.
Other (and bigger, before you jump to conclusions) forums I've been to allow these kind of threads, and if anything, any thread as long as it's on-topic and there was no tensity involved. Why just PC? This is far from common sense. (which is a hilarious thing to say by the way, because I've never seen anyone that believed that. Not in the internet or real life.) This is just strict.

My 2 cents.
Pretty sure we've allowed threads in which inhabit discussion relating to Pokémon and human relations, and so forth. PC isn't a haven for "unoriginality", or not allowing threads in which differ from what you'd expect to gather discussion.

While you can never predict the amount of discussion that will take place, this forum isn't about the number of replies a thread will get. It's about the content, which is defined by the opening post. When there's a thread in which will attract a certain amount of discussion that we feel is not constructive or necessary then the thread is going to be closed. We don't allow request threads anywhere on the forum for the most part. It's not part of the discussion we wish to hold on the forum, simple as that. We don't desire for the forum to become a grounds for people to request things, we don't wish for us to be seen as a supply and demand kind of messaging board. We're here to discuss, not request. If you believe that there are plenty of other forums that offer these things, then go ahead and praise them, but simply because this is a forum that chooses not to do request threads in our sections does not mean that it must be scolded. It's not "just PC" either. I was the administrator of one of the biggest art websites in the world, where requests were allowed. We ended up having to disallow them because people complained that they were never being fulfilled, others got into hot blood about it, broken promises were commonplace, and again, the discussion never amounted to much more than 5 replies. So there are plenty of cases where this kind of discussion simply does not work. I can't say for certain, but I do not believe that PC is going to begin allowing people to request walkthroughs for games and so forth, simply because it is not something we desire to do.

As you say, plenty of other forums provide this. However, PC provides hundreds of forum styles, an on-going basis for active discussion, continuing offering to give us feedback such as this thread, Get-Togethers, the largest Pokémon ROM Hacking source in the world, features such as the like system, post-comments, the ability to create blogs, some interesting supporter perks, and some very dedicated staff members. While some of these features are included on other forums, it cannot be said that PC fails to offer things to its members. I simply wish to state that this is something we don't, due to aforementioned reasons.

pokemonmasteraaron

The blind Pokémon Master!
Years
OK, I will say this, then I'm outa this thread. :)
I think one of the reasons GC is really offended by this is because he has asked for such help for over 6 years?! I think? Something like that? and has never met this behavior. http://www.youtube.com/genuinescorruption
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1cmvI9NK8g
How could that be wrong?
I am going to shut up now as I am getting emotional and don't want to say something I'll regret in the heat of the moment. (smile)
I will say, though, I have been on this forum for longer than GC, and I know some of the people better. E.G. I reposted an old game in the trivia section a while back because I was told I could, but BinaryPeaches closed it due to a slight change in the way things were working in that section. I didn't wholeheartedly aggree, but I understood and just lived with it, because BP is a good, well meaning, person. Syd may very well also be a kind and well meaning person.
Aaaaaaanyway, sorry everybody, I know fabio wants to just close this particular discussion, I just wanted to use "Parting Remark" on all of you Pokécommuniters.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Since the discussion did continue on through the night I figure I'd say this.
Some of the staff responses to those last few posts are, as stated above quite shalow. To not give someone or something a chance, and to just say it has no potential with no supporting evidence of such is to say that it is not worthy of being here, which is to say that the person in question is not worthy of being here.
If that's how you feel about your community, then that's your choice but that's sad.
The staff here believe that their own values are the only values worth mentioning.
I think there really is a great community here. I also think there's potential for a lot of amazing discussion on this site if people didn't have to be afrade to speek their minds. You encourage us to speek about problems privately, but when we do that we get ignored, which is honestly childish and cowardly.
The next logical step is to speek publically, which is shut down. Also cowardly.
As we saw last night, a few people spoke up because I did.
Regarding what was said above (Sydian having moderated the same forums for four years), maybe, just maybe that's the problem right there?
Not only does power go to people's heads sometimes, but they get too comfortable and just tired of it. It becomes more like a chore than something enjoyable after some time, and so I can totally see how it could lead you to make irrassional decisions simply out of frustration.

What would be wrong with the concept of anual staff elections? This way the community would choose who it's governing force is based on what the collective body believes in.
This place is big on formality, so wouldn't a democratic approach just make sense?

Back