• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
Hello, I will start the project of translating this game into Spanish but I have some doubts.....
The latest available beta of the game really where it ends?
I thought reading that ends in the Orange Islands, once there, then you can go back to Kanto or the game "crashes" there?
Thanks

First: are you playing this game or just translating it with a program? if you aren't playing I really suggest you to do it because you can understand better what I mean

Unfortunately the latest version ends before the episode "a scare in the air" when Ash and Misty take the zeppelin in order to reach the Orange Archipelago; so in this version ash doesn't take the airship therefore you can move in a free way in the region thanks to the warp system in the Pokemon Centers (that you can unlock at a certain point of the game) or just walking back in the previous places; although there are some ares (such as some islands or events) that you won't be able to reach more because your raft will be destroyed by the sea

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
First: are you playing this game or just translating it with a program? if you aren't playing I really suggest you to do it because you can understand better what I mean

Unfortunately the latest version ends before the episode "a scare in the air" when Ash and Misty take the zeppelin in order to reach the Orange Archipelago; so in this version ash doesn't take the airship therefore you can move in a free way in the region thanks to the warp system in the Pokemon Centers (that you can unlock at a certain point of the game) or just walking back in the previous places; although there are some ares (such as some islands or events) that you won't be able to reach more because your raft will be destroyed by the sea

Hi, thanks for reply, I have not played, I've seen videos and it seems the best hackrom there, plus I love to follow the story of Ash.
On the other hand, I have enough game translated into Spanish, I translate several tools, when I finished translating continue creating the story where her Metapod23

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Hello! New here. I just finished Pallet Party Panic and was told to go to the Orange Island but my Beta version doesn't seem up to date. How would I go about updating it without losing all of my progress? Thanks!

Years
Hello! New here. I just finished Pallet Party Panic and was told to go to the Orange Island but my Beta version doesn't seem up to date. How would I go about updating it without losing all of my progress? Thanks!

Unfortunately, Metapod hasn't worked on the last 4 episodes to post a new beta update. If you check the first page where it says "Episodes to be completed" at the bottom, he usually keeps us updated on when he's completed them.

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
This looks Great! Do you mind if, when the game if finished, i do a LP of it on my youtube channel?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
I continue with my Spanish translation of the game and try to improve it, I'm making a script to follow the main character Pikachu takes me a long time since I have to go slab by slab of each part of the map, but I'll get.
Greetings.

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2013
Hello! Well, I've found another of those weird bugs that still doesn't affect gameplay, The lady in the Viridian Forest, If you talk to her, the screen doesn't reset to the deafault darkness for the forest, but it changes it to one darker shade, so if you talk to her several times you end up with this:

i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb327/NuttinG/PokemonAshgreybug_zps72b36a23.png

But it resets to the lightest when you battle.. :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I think I found a bug. After going into Bill's lighthouse, talking ,and helping him, the door disappears. : ( I've tried restarting the emulator, re patching it, ect. Nothing works. :c

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I did just that, but I had to restart from my last save, which was like 5 levels ago for all my pokemon. Ah all. Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
In order to satisfy the whole having Pikachu follow you idea, perhaps you could redevelope the sprite to where it appears Pikachu is sitting on your shoulder, like it did to Ash throughout the Anime.
[snip]

Last edited by a moderator:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
In order to satisfy the whole having Pikachu follow you idea, perhaps you could redevelope the sprite to where it appears Pikachu is sitting on your shoulder, like it did to Ash throughout the Anime.
This idea was already in consideration even when Meta was present but as he did not do it, it can be considered as rejected.

[snip]

Last edited by a moderator:

Icalasari

The Icy Basilisk
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Anybody know of a solution for those damned Bad Eggs? I tried a code generator so a Pokemon could be generated over them

It doesn't work very well. It made a Bad Egg so glitched the nature/type slot on the Box view was garbled static

Years
So it seems there's been something going on here.
FROM HERE ON OUT, IF ANYONE ASKS ABOUT METAPOD COMING BACK OR REQUESTING THE NEXT BETA, THEIR POST WILL BE DELETED. If this continues, you will be infracted, because you shouldn't have been getting away with it the past... three pages of the thread.

And to the people who aren't asking those things, please do your part by reporting posts that are against the rules. It's absolutely no good to post in response to those posts, as you're only adding to the list of posts that have to be deleted and just leave threads looking... blech.

So please, make use of that report button!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2013
Let me first say that I LOVE this game. I used to play it on a online game site but could never get past Sabrina since I couldn't use a rare candy cheat. But since I got it on my VBA now that I downloaded I got past it and had a blast. The part I am stuck on now is the part to get into Koga's mansion. I have down possibly everything I could think of and that middle part will not open. Is there anyone who knows how to get it to open?

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
Let me first say that I LOVE this game. I used to play it on a online game site but could never get past Sabrina since I couldn't use a rare candy cheat. But since I got it on my VBA now that I downloaded I got past it and had a blast. The part I am stuck on now is the part to get into Koga's mansion. I have down possibly everything I could think of and that middle part will not open. Is there anyone who knows how to get it to open?

Read the back of Koga's Statues. When you
Spoiler:

Back