• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Pokemon Fantasy League

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I think I suggested something like this when I first started, but I've been developing a new idea off my last one. I'm sure for most of you who like football, baseball, hockey, etc know about the fantasy leagues, I thought it'd be fun to have a Pokemon Fantasy League complete with Gym Leaders and Elite Four. People can battle over Wi-Fi or the Battle Simulator, whichever division they choose, and they can place bets, which comes to my next suggestion. Poke Dollars, this can be something that gives members more things for there profiles such as; Titles, maybe certain donate perks can be affored to those with enough poke dollars. I thought this would all be a fun idea, please give me any feed back you have, because I really want to make this happen and I will do what I can to present this idea to the staff. Thanks.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It doesn't really need to be proposed here, just send a private message talking to Wolflare about it and he'll tell you if it's okay or not for the tournaments subforum of Battle Center :)

Elite Four Lucian

Years
Well yes. But I am still hammering out the details. I just want a staff member to take a look at this, so I can further develop the idea. Just wanna know if they'd be on board with it. :)

Elite Four Lucian

Years
Yeah I see what you mean. But that kind of stuff can be ironed out, I'm sure I could figure something out for that. Simply put, if people apply to be a Gym Leader or Elite Four Member, they must be on, they will know the commitment they have to meet. I have back up plans for every problem I can think of, so I think it can be done.

Elite Four Lucian

Years
I can guarentee it would be well maintained. I just need to convince the staff of that. This would bring a lot more fun to PC, something new!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
We have tournaments all the time in Battle Center however I'm pretty sure that it's just a collection of the same people participating, I don't think there's enough site-wide interest for a site-wide league. Though you could definitely make your own mini one in the Battle Center subforum if you talk to Forever or Wolflare n_n

droomph

weeb
Years
Since a Gym Trainer has a set party of Pokémon in-game, I imagine the maintenance thing would be taken care of in the way that you sign up, and you get a PM saying "Okay, everyone who wants to be character #x will need:

-party-"

And then everyone else just grabs their party and beats the characters.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I guess I should ask a MOD to scrap this idea since staff wont look at it xD

Did you at least PM Wolflare like Forever suggested? Getting his opinion could be a start, and he's the best mod to ask right now, at least until the h-staff peek into this.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Might be wise, if he thinks it has a chance he can spread the word to the h-staff.~

This is a cute idea, it just depends on if enough people want to get going it, and think it would pay off.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
The league itself sounds like a cool idea for a BC event, but I don't like the idea of adding a currency. If this currency that you earn from the fantasy league has site-wide implications then that'd put members who aren't interested in this kind of thing at a disadvantage since it's a somewhat niche area, and I don't think PC would benefit from having a currency like this on the whole. I do love the bulk of the idea though, good thinking there! Just without the currency in my opinion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Shoot me a PM and I'll bring it up in HQ to see what the rest of hstaff think about it. Be as detailed as possible please.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
logged in to say it sounds cool, man. just throw it in battle center if mods wont look at it like you said; it doesn't have to be sponsored or official to be a reality

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
The whole idea sounds like fun to me. Fantasy Leagues are always intriguing being apart of many Football,Baseball & Hockey leagues over the years have been enjoyable. Seeing that you came across such an idea of having a pokemon fantasy league is marvelous & something i would support!

Not to keen about the currency idea but wouldn't have a problem with it, something of that sort should be tossed into the idea though

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
The tournament sounds really fun and something I would join too, but I'm not too fond of the PokeDollar idea. I prefer only the tournament one.

Back