• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - A walk in the past

Do you think it's a good idea to go on with this?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
splashin.png

Introduction
Hi guys! :D I decided to make a game on RMXP using the Essentials and I want to create something different. So I decided to make a game in the medieval era. Before I started to write this, I googled for some games and I only found Conquest. So I think I'm probably the first to do it (or probably not XD).

Storyline
Centuries ago, friendship between man weren't like nowadays. There were no trainers. There were no gym leaders. There were no pokéballs. Warriors grew pokémon to protect the kingdom. In order to get tougher, they used to challenge the 8 fortresses and each fortress was leadered by a strong noble. The goal was to become the king's champion, the supreme trainer after beating the 4 Silver Knights. However, there was a group of evil people who wanted to control the kingdom. They were known as the Order of Darkness. Did they reach their final target? Only playing to know the truth of Pokémon World's Past.

Screenshots
Kallya Region Map
Spoiler:

First Town
Spoiler:

To Do List:

• Trainer Sprites
  • Overworlds
  • Tilesets (Almost done)
  • Item icons
  • Maps
  • Scripts (Someone wanna help plz? :( )

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Uhmm I hope you're not planning on making the game play similar to that of conquest, you're in for a rough time if you do.

Anyway about the pokeball issue, didn't they use apricorns in that time? As well as berries for healing?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I do believe in Pokémon Conquest (i never played it, I could be wrong), I believe people actually befriended pokemon to travel with, rather than capturing them.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Uhmm I hope you're not planning on making the game play similar to that of conquest, you're in for a rough time if you do.

Anyway about the pokeball issue, didn't they use apricorns in that time? As well as berries for healing?
I won't do like in Conquest. I want to make a normal RPG.
Apricorn Ball were used in the past on the movie Pokémon 4ever but I think they still have some sort of electrical circuits and they can't be thrown. But scrolls can be thrown XD

Storyline added to the main post

Last edited:

Ycia

Metal Generation.♥
Years
The gameplay would be like Tara's Adventure then? Throwing beef jerky to monsters during battle, after beating them, there will be a chance that the defeated monster will join you? :P

Hmm.. About the fortresses thingamabob, it's very similar how the Pokemon gyms functions isn't?
Why not,
Spoiler:

As for "medieval period" try googling Lucario.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I won't do like in Conquest. I want to make a normal RPG.
Apricorn Ball were used in the past on the movie Pokémon 4ever but I think they still have some sort of electrical circuits and they can't be thrown. But scrolls can be thrown XD

Storyline added to the main post

I believe the apricorn nalls have been around before therw was any electricity. I don't see how one wouldn't be throwable whereas a scroll is... anyway, it's just a detail, but imo an apricorn qould make more sense.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
The gameplay would be like Tara's Adventure then? Throwing beef jerky to monsters during battle, after beating them, there will be a chance that the defeated monster will join you? :P

Hmm.. About the fortresses thingamabob, it's very similar how the Pokemon gyms functions isn't?
Why not,
Spoiler:

As for "medieval period" try googling Lucario.

The gameplay will be like every other. I only use scrolls instead of balls...
Sorry but i want to keep the tradition of pokémon :) I could try to do something different like that but it wouldn't be so Pokémon... (Poor Dragonite... always being the bad one :( )

I believe the apricorn nalls have been around before therw was any electricity. I don't see how one wouldn't be throwable whereas a scroll is... anyway, it's just a detail, but imo an apricorn qould make more sense.

Try to see the Celebi The Voice of the Forest movie to see what i mean about throwable. Scrolls are like throwing f.e. a toilet roll... ;)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I think you should make it enchanted bottles that send the pokemon into another plane, but depending on their power and stuff they could potentially break the spell; also I suggest replacing the PC with a bag of holding

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
imo, scrolls are too naruto-ish..
Well I came up with that idea from naruto :cheeky: I just can't remember another way to catch pokemon :(

I think you should make it enchanted bottles that send the pokemon into another plane, but depending on their power and stuff they could potentially break the spell; also I suggest replacing the PC with a bag of holding
I will think about it ;) I really forgot about the PC :O

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Well, just replace the PC with an NPC or psychic Pokemon or something. Just add a little back story like:

This Pokemon is able to change the Pokemon being summoned through the scroll (Move Pokemon) . It can put contracts on hold as well as canceling them (Deposit & Release). When you have less than six active contracts, as well as Pokemon with their contracts on hold, this Pokemon will be able to make their contracts active again (withdraw).

Hope this helps out a little.

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Well, just replace the PC with an NPC or psychic Pokemon or something. Just add a little back story like:

This Pokemon is able to change the Pokemon being summoned through the scroll (Move Pokemon) . It can put contracts on hold as well as canceling them (Deposit & Release). When you have less than six active contracts, as well as Pokemon with their contracts on hold, this Pokemon will be able to make their contracts active again (withdraw).

Hope this helps out a little.

Thanks! That will help a lot! :D i will replace it with a NPC. I think it's better ;)

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Sorry to be inactive on forums but i didn't have time to stop here :)

I'm working on the visual part of the game (sprites and tilesets) and i want to show the king's battle sprite :D

Here it is (half-scratched):
Spoiler:

I'm looking for castle and wall tiles. If somebody knows where to find, please let me know :)

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
This seems like it would be really fun! :cer_nod:
Can you tell me if (and when) you will make thanks.
But you should do like a side plot thing because it would be fun to slay a dragonight and save a princess

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
A Pokemon game set in medieval times?

Let me at it, sounds like a great idea.

If you ever do make it let me know, it would be a cool game.

This seems like it would be really fun! :cer_nod:
Can you tell me if (and when) you will make thanks.
But you should do like a side plot thing because it would be fun to slay a dragonight and save a princess

I really appreciate that you both liked! ^_^ I decided to do it and I'm working on the visual part which is the most important and difficult part. Probably the story won't b like the others. And I won't let anyone slay any pokémon! even Dragonite (one of my favorite pokémons :P )!

Last edited:

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Final Region Map:
Spoiler:

I'm working on the tilesets. On the end of the week I will publish screenshots :)

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
Hi! long time without being around here :)

For those who think I stopped the project, that's a lie...

I've been doing the legendary trio for my game. They represent the Japanese gods Amaterasu (Sun), Tsukyomi (Moon) and Susanoo (Ocean).

Front sprites:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back