• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<<Hack of the Week>> - Have you voted this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
HACK OF THE WEEK - Season 1 ENDED!

We'll try to get this to be more organized this time, so, we'll start this thread for all the weekly votings (instead of making one each week, which'd annoy everyone... XD)

The idea will be to start the weekly voting on the first hours of Sundays and finish'em on the last hours of Saturdays

Alright, as always, the first thing are the rules...

RULES <NEW!>:
1. A hack can only win the HotW once. Obvious rule.
2. In order to prevent any possible kind of manipulation, only votes from users with more than 30 posts will be accepted.
3. Voters MUST include a reason for their vote. Think about it carefully: What do you like about that game? Put some thought on it and dont just say "because it's good". Dont worry about not being original, just express your thoughts in your own way.
4. You must only vote for the hacks in the list of elegible hacks. These hacks are those whose topics were created in the Hacks Showcase at most 31 days ago (as old as Oct,23th inclusive), or the ones who have chosen to use its "second chance", or the ones that were in the Scrapbox and meet the following requeriments:
Spoiler:

5. If the hack's thread is closed by the time I run a search for the valid hacks, then it wont be considered elegible for the current week.
6. Once the list of elegible hacks is made, it wont be changed during the week. Meaning if new threads are created, moved from the Scrapbox, or closed, the list wont change (but it will do in the next week). Just what's present on the first hours of Sunday is what counts.
7. Hacks which havent made it into the HotW due the 31 days rule can participate in the "second chance" one time. If you are interested, keep reading further.

THE "SECOND CHANCE"
The idea is that the hacks whose topics are older than 31 days can enter a "second chance" in the votings. This will give your hack a whole month of possible nominations (four consecutive votings).
Basically, your hack must meet the following requirements:

-It mustnt have won the HotW previously, lol
-Its thread must be older than 31 days (couting from the date the thread has been started)
-Its thread must be active in the Hacks Showcase (if it hasnt received a post in more than a month, then it cannot participate)
-It must not have used its "second chance" some other time
-It must not be one of the 10 hacks which have reached the finals in the HotY for the last year (else it'd be unfair to the 31 days hacks, I'm sure any of those 10 would win over the newer ones)

If your hack meets those requirements, just send me a PM on the last days of the current month/first days of the next one, and that way it'll start participating in the next month's four votings. Sending me PMs on the middle of a month will surely make me forget about them. That's why I'll add the second chance hacks only at the first Sunday of the new month. Dont worry, because I'll mention when you could send me PMs about participating in the second chance after the month's last voting finishes. Just check that out.
If you have doubts, just PM me and we'll check if it can use the second chance.

And that way, while the 31 days rule is a kinda automatic thing, the second chance leaves the rom hacker the option/responsability of picking when to participate. Be wise, as I wont tell who'll be using their second chance till the list is made. Be confident or make sure you'll be showing good stuff on that month, you can always wait to use it, if you want. It's up to you.

ELEGIBLE HACKS FOR THE CURRENT VOTING (Deadline on Sat, Nov 29th)
in alphabetical order

---There are no candidates as Season 1 has ended, look for a new HotW thread---

Example of a VALID vote:

"I Vote For: Secrets and Rumors
Why: This hack can really take advantage of the crazy theories we had as kids, and make them come to life. I think this is a very good idea, and should have been done a long time ago."

Questions about the Elegible hacks? You know you can PM me about that ;)

HACK OF THE WEEK - HALL OF FAME

Week No.01 - Pokémon Secrets and Rumors, by Skeetendo - Hack of
badge-silver.png

Week No.02 - Pokémon Omega, by Xiros - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.03 - Pokémon Mitic Island, by Alexmad, Samee & Lex - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.04 - Pokémon Never B&W, by ҳ̸ҲRichie (also known as SkOria at SP forums) - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.05 - Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Rescue Rangers, by Time - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.06 - Pokémon Waterfall, by Pachel - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.07 - Pokémon Flame of Rage, by X-Buster (and Rom Reaverz Hacking Team) - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.08 - Pokémon Silver Current, by TSK - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.09 - Pokémon Mystic Plan, by D a n i e l - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.10 - Pokémon Hunting Mew, by Aquila - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.11 - Pokémon Shattered Dreams, by Quilava's Master - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.12 - Pokémon: Pikachu's Tale, by Woofer - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.13 - Pokémon Destiny, by One Winged Angel - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.14 - Pokémon Clear Diamond, by Synyster_Zeikku - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.15 - Pokémon Mewtwo Strikes Back, by Meowth - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.16 - Pokémon Legend of Fenju, by Neti - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.17 - Pokémon Herbal, by Edo - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.18 - Pokémon Underground Adventures, by hockeypanda32 - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.19 - Pokémon: Awakened Legends, by Melash - Hack of
badge-gold.png

Week No.20(Tie) - Pokémon Johto Histories, by Ozumas - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.20(Tie) - Pokémon King of Sea, by >Dante< - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.21 - Pokémon (Old) White, by foullump - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.22(Tie) - Pokémon Ever Night, by Lucario 9 - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.22(Tie) - Pokémon Legends of Destiny, by Tony™ - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.22(Tie) - Pokémon Neon, by Kevin33193 - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.23 - Pokémon SkyIslands, by Makü - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.24 - Pokémon Tree of Peace, by Kawaii, Inc. - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.25 - Pokémon White Isle, by Lucario 9 - Hack of
badge-emerald.png

Week No.26 - Pokémon Lost Treasure, by Makü - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.27 - Pokémon Blizzard, by Wind~ - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.28 - Pokémon: Ash's Quest, by ice_nine - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.29 - Pokémon Emerald: Road to a Star, by Shen - Hack of
badge-emerald.png

Week No.30 - Pokémon Azure Horizons, by Frostbite - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.31 - Pokémon Distant, by Disturbed - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.32 - Pokémon Snowstorm, by Lucario 9 - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.33 - Pokémon Breakdown!, by Satoshi Sugimori - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.34 - Pokémon: Ruby Dagger Murders, by... Britney Spears - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.35 - Pokémon Twilight: Road to Dreams, by Kaizer-X - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.36 - Pokémon Keyra, by eing15 - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Week No.37 - Pokémon Thunder Emblem, by mitchel1 - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.38 - Pokémon Congbu, by Satoshi Sugimori - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.39 - Pokémon DarkRed, by Infernal Contraption/Esmas - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.40(Tie) - The Dawn of Pokémon, by Dratii - Hack of
badge-firered.png

Week No.40(Tie) - Pokémon Light Platinum, by Wesley FG - Hack of
badge-ruby.png

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I vote for Topaz/Garnet
Why: The most graphically appealing hack out of the possible choices. Mapping is great, looks like there will be some awesome events as well. Also a lot of tile and pallete editing has been done to make it look like FR/D/P because of the Ruby rom base. Looks like a lot of care and attention went into making the hack.

4fetter0_0

Banned
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2008
Pokemon Omega
It's a cool hack with good graphics and good scripting,thats all I gotta say for now

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
Years
Pokemon Omega
Why?
Because it's amazing
Good graphics and good scripting
I don't have much to say,but it's great

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
I vote for Pokemon Grey

A rare "orignal"(it could do with some tweaking but it could be really good) hack. There are not many RBGY hacks around these days.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, restored everything. Of course, Week No.2's voting was already done, with Xiros' Omega winning it (if you still want to congratulate him, do it in his thread, this one's just for voting)

Now Week No.3 has started so it's time to vote again!

It's a pain that the other post got deleted, but, just remember this voting is not meant to be a competition. It's just a way to express an overall opinion on the hacks around here.

4fetter0_0

Banned
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2008
Uhhhhh.....
Eruption is a month old,but I'll vote for that casue it's cool with some good scripting
And it has a good leader and EVERY Good hack has a leader dong most of the work,unlike Pokemon R-Sun,LS,MW,Aurora and MG

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Umm...4fetter0_0 the competition is finished, also zel want this locked seeing as it has finished?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
No, Blazichu. I thought we better make just one thread with all the weekly votings (because if we had to make a new thread each week for each voting, we'd fill the Rom Hacking section with such threads... That'd look like a mess, dont you think?)
That's why I said that we can start voting again, for Week 3, on this same thread.

And, if we count 31 days back (from Mon, 10. That date the voting started), that leaves us at Feb,8(inclusive), so all the hacks as old as that date are participating (And Eruption is barely over the limit, but I dont like to say those things as that could lead to some manipulation, so, just vote for what you feel like voting, and write a valid reason)

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
What happens if a hack is moved into the showcase from the scrapbox? Are all eligible set or can new choices be added? Not that I don't want to vote for any.

In fact I vote for Psychic Pink for its awesome graphics and originality.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I Vote For: Topaz/Garnet
Why: Obviously the graphics are impressive and distinctive (Not all FR, not all DP, not all Custom, but somewhere delightfully in between). I think the story has as much potential as the visuals. Also, I'm impressed with the professionalism that seems to accompany the hack.

This one seems to have a lot of potential.

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
Years
I vote for Mitic Island.
Its graphics are great and it has good mapping. There are some things that i don't like but i still think it deserves to win the "Hack of the Week"

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2009
i vot for Pokemon Zephyr because its taking sometime the graphics are good and it shows a lot of unoriganal storylines

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
@megiddo: To answer your question, it'd be the same thing as if it were a new thread popping on the Hacks Showcase. It'd be considered in the next week's nomination (if still possible)
To make things short: "Once I have to search which hacks accomplish the 31 days rule, I make the list and that list wont be changed till the next week. No matter if threads are created, moved, or closed"

And, megiddo, Psychic Pink is not in the list of elegible hacks. Unfortunately, by Monday, March 10th (the moment the new voting started) P.P was a couple more days older than 31, and I cannot make exceptions. So, you'll have to vote for something else, if you want.

Well, have fun picking! :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2009
Wow, this is a pretty hard vote, there are some amazing hacks that are eligible for voting... I'd have to go with Pokémon Mitic Island! It is terribly difficult because my favorites are Mitic Island, Thunder Emblem, Zephyr, Omega and Topaz/Garnet! :P

The reason I'm voting for it is that Lex is one of my greatest friends, and his game's palettes and tiles are amazing! I mean, he's inserted as much tiles as I can imagine... So many different trees, maps, and other things that have amazed me. He's inserted like a million palettes for just a single tree, and I also respect him for all of his other hacks. So, Mitic Island is my vote!

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Vote Of this Week: Pokemon Piratite

Reason: This hack takes the Pokemon world into a completely new breath. You must risk your skin to save a young, almost drowned, child. In addition to the amazing new type of story, it posses a VERY nice looking new evolution to the Clamperl family, Narquiem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back