• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 5, 2010
Thank you so much, Binary!

I was already using XSE, but I managed to change what I wanted, and it all worked first time round! Thanks again!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Having a bit of a blond moment here: How do I make it so you can run on a map that you normally can't?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Having a bit of a blond moment here: How do I make it so you can run on a map that you normally can't?

I made a brief document about that, if you're interested. You can find it in the R&D section.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Change the type under the header tab, map options to route, city etc.

I have two Routes (one used to be something else, I forget what) and I made all the options under 'Map Options' identical, but it still doesn't work... Hmm...

o_o

@HackMew: I'm not going neeaaar mirage island :P wrong ROM for a start

~~~~ I'll go take a peek

Thanks Hackmew :D one simple byte change and my problem sorted (y)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have two Routes (one used to be something else, I forget what) and I made all the options under 'Map Options' identical, but it still doesn't work... Hmm...

o_o

@HackMew: I'm not going neeaaar mirage island :P wrong ROM for a start

I misread your message, that's why. I've edited my previous PM; just refresh your browser window.

PureGoober

Minecrafter
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Tools

I can't find a trainer editor for pokemon Emerald. :(
Does anyone have a link to one of them that is in english?

Also, does anyone know a program that you can add trainer's into the game and what not?

I can't find a trainer editor for pokemon Emerald. :(
Does anyone have a link to one of them that is in english?

Also, does anyone know a program that you can add trainer's into the game and what not?

Last edited:

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
I've searched this whole thread, but no luck; When I enter this new map I made using a warp, the game resets it's self. Then, when I try to go to the new map again, the game freezes. Help would be appreciated :)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I've searched this whole thread, but no luck; When I enter this new map I made using a warp, the game resets it's self. Then, when I try to go to the new map again, the game freezes. Help would be appreciated :)

Could be an AM problem. Try importing the map over, and/or change the size of the map and see if it helps.

PureGoober

Minecrafter
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Thanks.
One more, the main text editor is Advance Text, that is not compatible Pokemon Emerald. I'm not sure why. Is there a good text editor to go with Pokemon Emerald?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
Thanks.
One more, the main text editor is Advance Text, that is not compatible Pokemon Emerald. I'm not sure why. Is there a good text editor to go with Pokemon Emerald?

I'm afraid you are going to have to script. Some good scripting programs are XSE and PKSV. There are tons of tutorials in the Documents & Tutorials section.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 16, 2010
How would I go about removing scenes from the intro scene? Like I want to remove the option to name your rival.

PureGoober

Minecrafter
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
I'm afraid you are going to have to script. Some good scripting programs are XSE and PKSV. There are tons of tutorials in the Documents & Tutorials section.

There is no program like that? Ugh..

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Thanks.

A hex editor and table file.

He said text not scripts :P

How would I go about removing scenes from the intro scene? Like I want to remove the option to name your rival.

All ASM from what I know.

There is no program like that? Ugh..

A-text sucks. A hex editor is the best way to go if you only want to edit text. To make a more interesting hack try to learn scripting kay.

PureGoober

Minecrafter
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014

A hex editor and table file.

He said text not scripts :P

All ASM from what I know.

A-text sucks. A hex editor is the best way to go if you only want to edit text. To make a more interesting hack try to learn scripting kay.

Do you know where I can get a download link and some tutorials?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Could anyone explain how to use the preparemsg command in XSE?
Thanks, in advance.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 6, 2011
Are you trying to edit overworld sprites or trainer sprites?

For overworld sprites use Overworld Editer RE which you can get in HackMew's tool thread (sorry I can't post links yet).

For trainer sprites, use unLZ GBA, you can also get the hacked version from HackMew's thread. Trainer sprites start at 1499 in unLZ GBA for Fire Red, not sure about other roms but they should be in that general area.

Thank you for your help. (Sorry, I have to type more because it keeps telling me my message is too short.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back