• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's the Biggest Piece of News So Far?

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
Title explains it all; in your opinion, what is the most exciting or biggest piece of news announced so far? With less than two months, we've certainly gotten a lot to digest. It can either be the thing you like most, or the thing that will have the biggest impact, or whatever. I didn't make a poll because who knows what we'll get soon, and sorry if this has been discussed already (I didn't see a thread but I only went back so far)!

For me it's probably the new type. Mega Evolutions are cool and all, but as they only last in battle they aren't as incredible in my opinion. Tracking EV's and Pokemon-Amie look fun, but aren't necessary. New Pokemon were expected, and while I absolutely love the way Kalos looks it's not game-changing. Fairy types however will completely change the way we think about some old Pokemon and allow for a variety of cool new designs.

So what do you guys think? Anyone a fan of Team Flare being a nod to Team Rocket (with regard to aspirations) or of customizable trainer sprites? There's certainly a lot to choose from!

Years
Mega Pokémon. While not everyone may like the Megas one must admit that they can drastically change the way that we play. While the introduction of the Fairy type is also very big, Mega evolution, as I said before, brings in a lot of new strategy. It also can make one love a Pokémon even more(or loathe it even more)! I personally wasn't the greatest fan of Mawile, it had a good design but not much really made it stand out. Mega Mawile has power and a great look!

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I'm going to say it's a tie between the new type and the Megalutions, they're both going to completely change the dynamic of battling as we know it.

I haven't thought much about Team Flare to be honest, but I can't wait to see them!

In terms of additional features: I love the gif that show Torchic's stats screen and he does this adorable run around in circles thing!

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
So far, the Fairy type was big news to me since we haven't had a new type introduced since Gen. 2, but let's wait and see what other news we'll be getting in the October CoroCoro.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It's a tie between the Mega Evolutions and Fairy-type. It seems like X and Y has a lot to deliver, but I think we've seen the biggest news.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I'd say Fairy type. If its true that is immune to Dragon+SE against Dragon then that right there is a big change in it self. This will not only nerf Dragons but also depending on Fairy's weaknesses buff other types like Poison which is said to be SE against Fairy. I don't play the TCG but I suppose Fairies will change things around there too.

I'm still doubtful about the usefulness of MegaEvolution given that they can't hold other items but who knows really, the stat change could be so massive it doesn't matter. We need more details about it tho.

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
Years
The fairy type in my opinion is the biggest news they have given..and what i least like is team flare..seems a little uncreative to me.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I'd have to say the introduction of mega evolution had the biggest impact on me, Game Freak just continues to surprise us! We all thought we would be getting evolutions for certain Pokemon, but not like this though!
I can't wait to use one, apparently it has it's own theme in battle, just like critical health.

Years
Fairy Tail... Err! I mean Fairy type is the biggest new thing so far, Megalutions don't excite me that much, altough I am in love of Megamawile's design and typing!
Horde battles is one of the most interesting news. And, yeah, Team Flare is so plain and uncreative. -.- I hope at least that their bosses will be original and badass...

Years
I'm gonna say the new graphics, its so much fun and much more enjoyable.
Over the years the main series pokemon games always been slaking behind when it comes to graphics, its nice to see them taking a big step forward in that department.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Mega Evolution. Its going to have much more impact on the competitive scene than the new type considering majority of the Fairy Types shown look as if they won't even be able to break out of NU territory. Which isn't bad for us since our Battle Server is NU as a majority.

blue

gucci
Years
There have been a few occasions throughout the past month when I've thought "Wow, that's huge news!" so idk, I think Mega Evolutions gave me the most surprised reaction since the announcement of the games, either that or the new Fairy type during that month it was revealed.

Sirfetch’d

I'd say it's a tie between mega evolutions and the Fairy type. Both are going to have a huge impact on the competitive battling scene and were both quite unexpected. I wouldn't feel right saying one is more important though as they are both really impactful, but in very different ways.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
While I was extremely shocked about Mega Evolution and I wasn't even sure how I felt about that at first, I'm going to have to say the biggest shocker to me was the new type, and particularly that it was a fairy type. I honestly didn't see it coming. I'm excited to find out all of its weaknesses and strengths (other than it being good against Dragon-types since we already know that) and I can't wait to see what Pokemon have gained that type in this generation. It's going to definitely change a bit of the gameplay.

Years
I'd say it's a tie between mega evolutions and the Fairy type. Both are going to have a huge impact on the competitive battling scene and were both quite unexpected. I wouldn't feel right saying one is more important though as they are both really impactful, but in very different ways.

I basically was thinking the same thing, these are going to have a massive impact on competitive play. I kinda did see the Fairy-type coming because let's face it, Dragons have become the 1st Gen Psychics of the modern era due to impressive stats and only having two weaknesses, one of which is itself so they needed to try and stop the rage of Draco Meteors and Outrages by giving them a third weakness. Mega Evolutions were unexpected though, because at first I thought Mewtwo's new "form" was going to be like most other alternate forms for Legendaries but yeah they really pulled the rug out from under me when they announced Mega Evolutions. The increased stats and useful abilities will make them stand out pretty well. This generation is definitely giving a revolutionary vibe to me.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
The Announcement of Mega Evolution Pokemon and Fairy Types.

Well the fairy type announcement was kind of expecting because about half the people knew there was going to be a new type. But some people weren't sure if it was going to be a fairy type or a light type. well I thought it was going to be both quite honestly.

As for the Mega Evolution announcement. It just came out of the blue. No one and I mean no one expected this. this is by far the most surprising news in Pokemon since Battling Red in Gen 2.

Sirfetch’d

The Announcement of Mega Evolution Pokemon and Fairy Types.

Well the fairy type announcement was kind of expecting because about half the people knew there was going to be a new type. But some people weren't sure if it was going to be a fairy type or a light type. well I thought it was going to be both quite honestly.

As for the Mega Evolution announcement. It just came out of the blue. No one and I mean no one expected this. this is by far the most surprising news in Pokemon since Battling Red in Gen 2.

Personally I think what makes the Mega Evolutions such a big piece of news is not that it was unexpected(which it totally was), but the fact that the potential for this is limitless. Will all Pokemon be able to do this? We don't know yet. So many people are going to be hoping that their favorite Pokemon gains a Mega Evolution and seeing the potential of the effects that this has not only in-game, but in the competitive scene as well.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I think the reason why the mega evolutions hit me as the biggest news, more than the new type, is because I had not heard a single leak regarding megas. Meanwhile for the new type, ever since Sylveon was revealed there were many sources which leaked the new type, so it wasn't that big of a surprise for me.

So yeah, megas.

Back