• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAF

:D
Years
Wow, this section of the forum is completely dead, lol.
Anyways, I recently got back into collecting (not playing) thanks to Primetimepokemon's and pokepic's videos D:
I'm starting from scratch, since all the cards I had as a kid were lost.

Yeah it's unfortunate :(

I got back into through pokecollection's vids, and I've started my own channel now too :D

Years
Wow, this section of the forum is completely dead, lol.
Anyways, I recently got back into collecting (not playing) thanks to Primetimepokemon's and pokepic's videos D:
I'm starting from scratch, since all the cards I had as a kid were lost.

I bought a fossil booster box (my favorite set, also loaded with nostalgia) and it came yesterday.
So far i've opened 24 of the packs (i'm trying to make the awesome last as long as possible) but I promised my brother i'd wait for him to get home from school to open the other 12.

So far the rares i've gotten are:
Holo = Aerodactyl, Articuno, Ditto, Dragonite, Gengar, Haunter, Kabutops, Magneton, and Raichu.
Non-Holo = All except Aerodactyl and Muk.

So to complete the set all I need is those two non-holos and then a holographic Hitmonlee, Hypno, Lapras, Moltres, Muk, and Zapdos.

I really want a Base Set or Jungle booster box, but the Base Set one is sooo expensive and the Jungle one is more than i'd like to spend.

I think it's pretty cool that you found a Fossil Booster box, though it's worth more unopened than having the complete set is right now. :x I don't blame ya for wanting to open the packs, though. Unopened packs are just too tantalizing to me and I often just have to open them. It's the thrill of the pack! |D

I brought two boosters of Black and White today, in the first pack I got the rare Zekrom check it out;
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7584/hni0052.jpg
(pokeamvstudio is my youtube channel xD)

Anyone know the names of these cards? Like prime, Lv x, ex etc..

I have no idea what those will be called. According to the Bulbapedia article on the set, they are just very rare foils, but the foil patterns are quite inspired by the LEGEND cards from the HGSS sets. They're just special versions of their rare holo counterparts.

As for myself, I bought these five off of eBay:

Rocket's Moltres First Edition Gym Heroes
Spoiler:

Gardevoir Lv. X Secret Wonders, Mewtwo Base Set and Sabrina's Gengar Gym Heroes
Spoiler:

Japanese Dark Alakazam Team Rocket, Mewtwo Vending Machine (supposedly an error version, got more pics of it in the next spoiler - not necessarily any higher quality because I can't keep my hands still)
Spoiler:

More vending machine Mewtwo
Spoiler:

And some of the rares/more interesting cards from my most recent bunch of packs bought:

HGSS Triumphant:
Banette (reverse foil)
Ditto
Black Belt (reverse foil)
Rapidash
Black Belt

HGSS Undaunted:
Darkness Energy (Special Energy)
Umbreon (reverse foil)
Vileplume
Sage's Training
Raichu (Prime)
Vespiquen

Call of Legends:
Lost Remover
Bayleef (reverse foil)
Tyrogue
Interviewer's Questions
Darkness Energy (Special Energy)
Ampharos (reverse foil)
Ninetales

Platinum Supreme Victors:
Spiritomb C
Drifblim FB (reverse foil)
Chimecho

Platinum:
Crobat G
Cacnea (reverse foil)
Blissey
Looker's Investigation

So now I have a lot of that wonderful Roast Reveal Ninetales thanks to Call of Legends re-releasing it. ^_^;;

Years
These are my first packs, from since i was a kid :)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Awwwwh, that Ledian thingy is sooo cute lol

x

Years
Nice! Double Blastoise in the Platinum pack! :D

That's seriously some pretty good luck, in my opinion. I quite like playing with the Platinum Blastoise in decks.

You got a couple other pretty good cards, too, in your other packs!

LAF

Years
I just opened another Snivy Preview tin, got a Charizard G LVL X from the Platinum SV pack, a foil Aggron from the HS Triumphant pack, and a foil Espeon from one of the CoL packs :D

Years
I got a 6 Black and White boosters the other day and my best pulls were -

Maractus
Meganium
Holo Serperior
Reverse Holo Serperior
Magmortar
Reverse Holo Magmortar
Holo Celebi
Holo Reshiram
Reverse Holo Duosion

LAF

Years
I opened a Zoroark box tonight, nothing spectacular but I got two foils from the Call of Legends pack (Umbreon and Houndoom), and a reverse Gyarados, which means I now have, from CoL, both versions of Groudon and Gyarados, and I think nearly every foil card :D

I have a B/W Booster Box on my shelf which I'm opening tomorrow, pretty excited!!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Managed to get me the Zekrom tin booster box, and I got the rare Reshiram card, and few holographic cards. By the way, anybody find Purrlion's card artwork strange?

LAF

Years
Opened my B/W Booster Box today, obviously it was all pretty good, but notably I got both the reverse and foil versions of both Emboar cards, and I got both reverse and normal versions of Klink, Klang, and Klingklang. Got both the fullcard holos but not the Pikachu, and I'm pretty disappointed that I only got one Serperior, I wanted to build a Snivy deck but looks like it's going to be a Tepig deck for now. Least I can use Reshiram in that :D

There are two cards I have the reverse of but not the normal version, both rares:
Samurott (32)
Bouffalant (91)

All I am now missing:
Serperior (6)
Liepard (67)
Water Energy (107)
Pikachu (115)

So overall it was pretty good if I am only missing 4 cards. Obviously there are still lots of reverses to get, but I was lucky not to get any duplicate reverses so I'm on track there too!

You heard it here first, it's not on Youtube for 2 weeks yet :)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
It was a long time ago, (2 years) but i did get really lucky on a booster pack once.

In the booster pack, i found a Very Rare Holofoil Luxray, LV51. I also found Luxio but no Shinx :(

Anway, in that same booster pack, There was Shaymin LVX. And a 2 Piplup+Prinplup. Unfortunatly no Empoleon. :(

In the second booster pack, i obtained LV52 Crush Grip Regigigas and a Regirock (RIP) I also obtained Team Galatic's LV45 Houndoom and two Unown, J and ?
I also got LV42 Lucario but no Riolu :(

And, uh, that's it. Now shoo!

Last edited:
Years
It was a long time ago, (2 years) but i did get really lucky on a booster pack once.

In the booster pack, i found a Very Rare Holofoil Luxray, LV51. I also found Luxio but no Shinx :(

Anway, in that same booster pack, There was Shaymin LVX. And a 2 Piplup+Prinplup. Unfortunatly no Empoleon. :(

Well, considering that, with your best luck, you can only get two rares or rare holofoils in a pack, you couldn't get any more rares in that pack since you already had Shaymin Lv. X and Luxray in there. (b'-')b

Anyway, last round of B/W packs I bought, I pulled a surprising amount of Zekrom. I think I got 4 in 10 total packs. XD; Waaaay too many.

LAF

Years
Zekrom fullcard or normal? I've got a Victini Box, Album box, and the tins on my shelf. I need the Pikachu, a Water Energy, Samurott nonAbility, Serperior Ability, and Bouffalant rare. Plus reverses of course, lots of them.

CMON!!!

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
Years
Normally I don't post in this thread, but my luck today makes this an exception. Anyway, found some loose HGSS packs at K-mart, and bought 9 of them (that's all they had left, sadly). I notably pulled these:

1 DCE
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Cleffa (I hear it'll be good next format, hint hint!)
1 Ninetales holo
1 Donphan Prime
1 Lugia Legend (top)
and TWO Ho-oh Legend (bottom)!

No Collectors, but hey, still awesome pulls for 9 random packs!

Something interesting to note, with the Ho-oh pieces I got today, I now have 5 bottom halves of Ho-oh, and only two top halves. Weird, huh?

Samurai★Rocket

Yamato Man
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
One day I went to the store and picked up the only 2 HS Triumphant packs there and pulled a Magnezone Prime from one of them!

Samurai★Rocket

Yamato Man
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
The price of those will just keep on rising.

That said, I think I pulled a Magnezone Prime in one of my recent booster packs, myself.

Professor-Oak.com is selling them for $45 but I think that is way to much. Who knows, maybe someone would actually pay $45 for a single card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back