• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Tutorial] Development Tool Discussion

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
Nice edit.
First you wrote 'KingCharizard was the one who introduced me to pokecommunity' but realize you are logged in as KingCharizard, and changed it to 'Shikamaru was the one who introduced me to pokecommunity'. I read both version. You are the same person. "He also owns Hardwood games, which is the company my pc game is published under"- it would be better if you didnt make that up at all.
Nice site: free webhosting, free website builder, models from here: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-roman-soldier/431097 ...
Just leave me alone! Here, in Youtube, anywhere. And then I wont ever post anything in your topics as well.
And finally,
his *sigh* Shows his frusteration, and by ending the post in "really..." he implied, you should of know better.
-but that wasnt me, you continue quoting me later with the same "he". You did that before, mixing me with Wichu, when you where Shikamaru.

Here is a proof that you are the same person:

1) Your both usernames end with 88 on Youtube, 2) you both are 21 years old, 3) same writing style, 4) infraction date of the former and registration date of the latter: 1 day difference, and finally, 5) both making a Team Rocket game. This isn't enough to be sure is it? Of course not.
More: 6) after I said I think you are the same person, you said that you actually know each other! Wow what a coincidence.You say you work in a company and 'Shikamaru88' is the owner of that company! You both met on gamedev.org. And you both like pokemon, and both tried to make a pokemon game, another coincidence!
7) OK, so the site of "Shikamaru88's company": http://www.hardwood-games.net84.net/1_2_Products.html is made with free web hosting and free website builder, site was created only few days ago. Only project is of course "KingCharizard's" project 8) with only few 3d renders from Turbosquid: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-roman-soldier/431097. No info about the company, only link to a email address: dbrookshaw AT yahoo.com .Thats it. Oh, and your own email is dannybrookshaw AT hotmail.com, lol. There is no company! 9) Oh and there are many spelling mistakes (like in your posts).

I think this is quite enough to believe you are the same person, but there was a proof, you wrote 10) "KingCharizard was the one who introduced me to pokecommunity" in your post, I actually wanted to quote you, but you quickly edited it to "Shikamaru was the one who introduced me to pokecommunity", realising you are logged in as KingCharizard himself. Anyone with common sense will say you are the same person. You even praised your own game with the other username: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=203349
You are a one big liar.

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Nice edit.
First you wrote \'KingCharizard was the one who introduced me to pokecommunity\' but realize you are logged in as KingCharizard, and changed it to \'Shikamaru was the one who introduced me to pokecommunity\'. I read both version. You are the same person. \"He also owns Hardwood games, which is the company my pc game is published under\"- it would be better if you didnt make that up at all.
Just leave me alone! Here, in Youtube, anywhere. And then I wont ever post anything in your topics as well.

Uh I dont know what your talking about, I edited my post to say I was sorry, I wasn't bothering you in the first place, Your one one who posted in my topic. I am not shikamaru, but you can believe what you want it makes no difference to me. Your unbelievable though. How are you saying I made that up, we met on game dev and started talking about our game ideas and he said he liked mine and would help if I published it under his company. Sounds pretty straight foward to me, but hey who am I right? Oh thats right I'm Supposedly Shikamaru. Yeah you keep believing that!

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
I think you guys should stop arguing and continue over PM seriously this thread is getting spammed up with arguments. Anyway I never knew about some of these tools.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Never even heard of it.

My favourite dev tools currently are Unreal Engine 3 and Unity.
We are using both in college at the moment and I feel the engines are so complete for making any kind of game with any style of graphics you wish.
Of course unreal can handly some pretty slick models with high polycounts, but unity is pretty good too. I love the editor in general.
Plus, the map editor part is better then unreal lol. (Oh how I hate unreals map editor).

KingCharizard

Years
Never even heard of it.

My favourite dev tools currently are Unreal Engine 3 and Unity.
We are using both in college at the moment and I feel the engines are so complete for making any kind of game with any style of graphics you wish.
Of course unreal can handly some pretty slick models with high polycounts, but unity is pretty good too. I love the editor in general.
Plus, the map editor part is better then unreal lol. (Oh how I hate unreals map editor).

Yeah Unity is a very good engine, I own the pro version(or whatever its called dont feel like checking). I think Unity is amazing, easy to learn and full of features I also like how you can chose the programming language you'd like to use. C# is fun to learn so I finally have a reason to learn C# too... As for unreal3 well I use Unreal2 and I downloaded unreal3 yet to check its features out, but if its anything like 2 it looks scary and can be a problem for beginners but its an awesome tool.

Years
A major bonus point (to me) on Unity's part is the capability to make games you've made in the engine run in your browser with the UnityPlayer plugin.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I'll have to check out some of those tools before I enter University next year, if I want to familiarize myself with more professional tools... :\

Which free tool do you guys recommend?

(And maybe the topic could be renamed to something like 'Dev Tool Discussion'? The title doesn't quite fit with the subject at the moment.)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Yeah I renamed it there as it sounds better rather then having a thread with all caps, and the word "BEST". There's no such thing as "BEST" - that's why there are other engines. If there was a "BEST" there wouldn't be a market for the other tools and noone would spend time and money making em lol.

Yuoaman

Years
I officially hate my computer. XD

Apparently my computer can't run either UDK or Unity, so I'll have to try and find something that requires a little less power. :P

Yuoaman

Years
It depends on what kind of game you want to make. If you want to make a 2D puzzle game, Unreal Engine isn't the best idea :P

I'm not looking for anything specifically, just something to get me acclimated to a more professional environment before I head into University. :P

It's always nice to have a slight edge over your peers. lol

KingCharizard

Years
Why cant you use unity? It's not too demanding in my opinion its perfect for xp or higher, they also have it for mac too...
Most of the engines that were listed above do allow free non commercial use for education purposes, but you have to ask them.

Yuoaman

Years
Why cant you use unity? It's not too demanding in my opinion its perfect for xp or higher, they also have it for mac too...
Most of the engines that were listed above do allow free non commercial use for education purposes, but you have to ask them.

My computer's rather old, so my computer doesn't have a graphics card capable of running it.

KingCharizard

Years
My computer's rather old, so my computer doesn't have a graphics card capable of running it.

ahh That makes sense, you could always try to upgrade the graphics eventually its probabaly cheaper than buying a whole new computer. \

But I have a question which do you think its best to use Unity & C# or Torque @ C++? Now i know c++ but im interested in C# it seems to be built for programming and will open up my options with XNA and the 360, my question is do you think C# is worth learning? After knowing C++ C# should be hard to pickup, and if I like using it i'll proabaly stick with it, but it is a whole new language and focuses alot more on OOP which is good, but it will limit my options as what platform may use the software i wish to create then again i haven't been interested in programming for mac or ox, so is there a drawback here that im missing?

Back