• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4 things people who are getting to know you need to know about you

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Let me think..... they are all true. I may be shy & quiet at first after a few moments, once I"m comfortable with a new person, and they start asking simple questions like "What do you like?" or "what are your hobbies/interests?" or "tell me something about yourself" - I'll start with a basic hello, then I'll get into details:

01 - I'm a huge Pokemon Fan - yes it's what I tell others the very first thing once they meet me. Even in public I show this a lot (I wear my shirts at times other times see my #3 below, my ringtone are Pokemon related, and I always bring a Pokemon key chain plush with me)

02 - I love Mustelids & Felines - aside from letting someone else know that I'm a Pokemon fan, I also let them know what sort of animals I like

03 - I'm a die-hard Metal-Head - Its what I listen too, and if someone is going to to know me, they should know this, since I know that not every one likes this style. That way person who will meet me can sort of make a 'stereotype' of what kind of person I would be.

04 - I'm a Pacific Northwest Football fan - MLS (Seattle Sounders FC, Portland Timbers & Vancouver Whitecaps) and NFL (Seattle Seahawks), I let the person who is going to know me that I support not just my local Seattle teams but other teams from the Pacific Northwest (gotten a few interesting conversations this way)

Years
1. I love doing random act of kindness to strangers.
2. Very playful and sometimes pervy. :-p
3. I certainly can't deal with those who couldn't accept critics and throw tantrums.
4. There are times I really need to be alone, so just leave me alone but when you get to know me well, I'm sure we can be the best buddies. I quite open with any topic. Anime, life, relationships or just about anything.

..you dislike anime? B-bu-but HOW?! HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! SUCH BLASPHEMY. WON'T ACCEPT IT.

brb assassinating this insomniac guy

anyway, I think I should've added this instead of my love for anime thing. I love One Piece. Too much. 2MUCH.

Haha..One Piece is certainly a good choice. As for me, I really love Yu-Gi-Oh 5DS. I just love Yusei Fudo's characteristic. He's the coolest main character.

Last edited:
Years
1. I have a very sarcastic and dry and potentially offensive sense of humour, but if I sit there for two ours ripping on your jacket then I probably think you're alright.

2. I am a very patient person but I can only take so much. I'm the type of person who is always there to listen to your problems and help you out and who will take a lot from you. But once you push it too far you're in for a bad time.

3. I really hate it when people stick their nose into my business without me wanting them too. If I invite you to be involved in a certain part of my life that's one thing but if you force your involvement and try to manipulate me or control me we just are not going to get along.

4. Whilst I might seem very stoic at first, I'm actually a really emotional person. The smallest things can make my day but the smallest things can also make me an emotional wreck.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
No particular order

1. I say offensive jokes a lot if I get to a certain point of comfort with you, because I find that if you can joke about anything, then people wouldn't get so stuck up on things.

2. I can be very anti-social with you at first but that loosens up with time. The more trust I have in you, the more I'll open up to you. So if I first engage in a conversation with you and we never spoken before , then that means I'm REALLY interested in knowing you.

3. You can insult me however you want, I won't even care. But insult or hurt my family, my girlfriend or my closest friends and I'll bring you close to your death bed...literally.

4. I play video games, still enjoy pokemon A LOT, play table-top games and love watching movies. If you have a certain problem with me liking those then I don't even wanna bother in getting to know you. I don't live life to please. you.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
1. I'm over-the-top with affection. I end up adoring and appreciating people pretty easily and tell them I love them all the time in various ways. I don't expect to hear anything similar back, though.

2. I'm touchy. Like, physically. I hug and cuddle and poke and hold hands and drag people around and make people move by pushing them rather than telling them.

3. I'm more asexual than anything, and while I find innuendo and stupid sex jokes funny, I get uncomfortable when people start talking about how hot other people (or me) are. Or when I'm asked to judge attractiveness or agree with someone on how hot a person is. I don't subjectively understand it and it makes me uncomfortable. pls dont

4. I really hate being the center of attention. Don't bring attention to me, don't volunteer me for things, don't push me to speak up.

Faye Rose~

Resilient
Years
1. I am a transgendered female. Yeah, that's a big one.
2. I don't care about looks, if you have a friendly, kind personality and love me back I'll love you.
3. I am very sensitive. I like to talk about my feelings to people who I care about and are willing to listen.
4. I love hair bows. Like, a lot.

Melody

Banned
Years
1. I'm Genderqueer. - Genderfluid to be more precise. I do not follow or respect the binary, and present in my own way. Please do not forget to be respectful of that.
2. I'm slow to warm up. - Please don't take it personally. If I seem a bit standoffish at first, it's because you caught me unexpectedly. I promise if you bear that while I get to know you, it vanishes. Just don't be surprised at it if you change your username and don't tell me before you do it.
3. I'm very loyal/loving - If I do take a shine to you, don't be surprised by my occasional extremely affectionate behavior. Just state your comfort limits clearly if you are worried that might be overly expressing my feelings to you.
4. Silence is not a bad thing! - I'm introverted by nature, so if I don't always ping you or talk to you every time I hop online or see you, don't be offended or worried. I honestly tell people of my feelings usually and oftentimes my life tends to absorb my attention quite thoroughly. x3

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
1. I suffer from Photophobia, which means that my eyes are sensitive to light. So most of the time I need to wear sunglasses depending on the intensity of the light.

2. I'm Genderqueer, so I don't associate myself with either Male or Female.

3. I also suffer from Bradyphrenia, which means that my brain doesn't process thoughts as quick as everyone else. I tend to say the wrong things as well. It's slightly getting better.

4. I am a voice impressionist and a comedian. I have a good sense of humor from time to time, depending on the situation. I like cracking jokes; it's something that I have started to become better at.

Sometimes I wish I could add more than 4.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
1. I can't stand heated arguing. In most situations, I'll likely tell the people involved to shut up or to stop fighting and just move on. As for myself, I don't get involved most of the time. I just sit by the sidelines. I'd rather not get thrown into the middle of it and make things worse. Call it wrong but that's my personal opinion.

2. I am not afraid to call someone a ****ing idiot in front of them if they insult my family or friends.

3. I usually follow the rule of treating others like how I would want to be treated. If the person turns out to be a total jerk, I'll ditch that and try to ignore them or see if they turn out for the better. Usually it's the latter since I like to think there's good in everyone. That's not true all of the time but hey, it doesn't hurt to believe.

4. I don't care about appearance. I choose my friends for their personality, not their looks. Some of my best friends are admittedly not that attractive. Yet we still have a blast together. Whether you're in a wheelchair, have lots of pimples, big ears or anything else, you should always follow the rule of don't judge a book by its cover. Cause I'm pretty sure there's a good-looking lady out there who's a... well let's say female dog. :I

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
1. I have a very pervy mind. I tend to look at someone's privates, regardless of gender, and I scratch my own whenever something arose me. I truly want this behavior gone for good, so I won't have to control it.

2. I have a large distrust on atheists due to their behavior on the internet (I cringe whenever I find youtube videos of them beating other religious people on debates). So I try to avoid religious topics as much as possible, leaving your faith a complete mystery to me.

3. I'm a brony who dislikes gender-role/target demographic stereoypes and nostalgia filter.

4. I have confidence issues, because believing in yourself is overrated and too clichéd, and I want to rely on something much more powerful to solve my problem without having to feel confident.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
1. I am a really empathetic person and can easily place myself in another's situation. I tend to become teary-eyed when someone else is crying or happy when another is. The closer you are to me, the stronger I will share your emotions.

2. I am not sociable in the least bit in real life! Especially not if you are new to me. I guess it's from living a solitary lifestyle but it stops me from wanting to go out in public places like restaurants, libraries, art galleries etc. where there are usually a lot of people. However, I can warm up pretty quickly, so just after a day of getting to know you I can begin to actually speak up. :P

3. I am a gentle, kindhearted and pretty optimistic individual with a fairly creative mind that is always on the move, and I simply adore creatures of all kinds and I love nature, so I could never be a city girl!

4. My sense of humour is pretty varied, so I'll laugh at most jokes if I get them. :P I'm not that witty myself, but somewhat silly, so what I tend to laugh at most is people acting silly/childish.

Heh, I wish I could add more. :P

Years
1. Once you get into my circle, you'll learn that I can be pretty bizarre and do a lot of weird things, like breaking out into dances or quoting movie lines. People who are into the same things as me find it hilarious, but if you don't get the references it usually comes across as strange.
2. I also have a pretty obsessive personality, so I apologize in advance for talking about the same thing all the time. I can have a pretty one-track mind at times.
3. Certain topics make me feel really uncomfortable, so if I'm suddenly quiet and inattentive, just know that I'd prefer to be left out of the conversation.
4. I'm also not attached to my phone, so if you text me and I don't answer in a couple hours, it's probably because I didn't hear my phone ring. I'm not ignoring you.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Well, here it goes.

1. I can be unnecessarily sarcastic at times in speech, so watch out for that. I don't even mean half the stuff I say, it kinda just comes out. :d

2. I can be either really quiet or really chatty, depending on my mood. I tend to keep my feelings to myself too.

3. I kinda hate being on the spotlight unless I intentionally put myself there so I will really, really hate you and make plans to personally assassinate you for brief time if you make me the centre of attention for whatever reason.

4. Recently I've noticed that I do randomly break into singing random songs that aren't known very well so I apologize beforehand if I do it when I'm around you lol.

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
1. i'm really bad at small talk and i'm really hard to talk to at first, but if i open up to you i'll talk a lot more
2. i'm very open and accepting
3. i often don't realize people are joking or being sarcastic, but i am sarcastic myself LOL
4. i laugh at literally everything

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
1. i'm really bad at small talk and i'm really hard to talk to at first, but if i open up to you i'll talk a lot more
3. i often don't realize people are joking or being sarcastic, but i am sarcastic myself LOL

Good lord I'm really afraid that we are the same person

ShadowMrk

Intangible
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2018
1. First and foremost, there are very few constant features to my personality, most things about me change daily. Sometimes I'll be a very happy, cheery, friendly and energetic person, and then switch directly into being disconnected and cheerless for no reason whatsoever. The things that don't change in my personality are things that are related to what I'm either incredibly passionate about or that affect me emotionally, which is typically my hobbies or those I care about.

2. I used to be incredibly unsocial, but due to life's circumstances I have been forced out of my shell. I still have my days where I stumble over words or fail to find any words at all and just stare at you and smile, but those days are far and few between now. If I can tell that you are a type of person that I am compatible with, it would probably only take a day or two for me to be comfortable with you.

3. Don't expect to be able to get close to me. I only let people I've known for years know who I am when I'm not caught up with trying my best to be a friendly person, so most likely it won't happen for you. Even people that I've known for many years who think that I'm their best friend would be surprised to know that I restrain myself heavily to keep from being too personal with them. As of right now, there are really only 2 people that I open myself completely to: My girlfriend and my best friend. Sister doesn't count because... you know, she's my sister. :p

4. A major flaw of mine is that I would rather spend days on end working on my personal projects than with people, even those that I care a lot about. It's not that I don't enjoy spending time with my friends, I'm just a guy who likes to keep his mind busy and idle conversation just doesn't do that for me. If we hang out, expect video games or discussions about computers, computer hardware, or computer software to be involved somehow.

Kirschwasser

Knight of Selphia
Years
1. I have Asperger Syndrome and I got teased a lot as a kid. If I appear overly sensitive to things like sarcasm, please forgive me.

2. Don't make fun of my interests. Enough people do that to me already.

3. I prefer sensitive men. Macho guys and bad boys can take a hike. I'm not into that.

4. Don't use the word "retarded" as a substitute for "stupid" around me. That is just as offensive as any racial slur.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
1. I'm a transgender woman. However, this is something I do not talk about normally unless asked about.
2. Arguing with me is impossible. I hold an open/divided point of view on almost everything. This is also the reason I tend to avoid D&D...
3. I'm one of those people who prefer to have fewer, yet more close friendly relationships with people. As a result, I tend to take a lot of things seriously. Even despite all this, I may either open up very easily or almost never.
4. I don't care for anime, manga, or a lot of similar things, despite what some of my actions may suggest (it's not that I dislike it, it's just that I never got into it.) So do not shove your interests down my throat (but I won't stop you from trying to get me into it, since I try to be pretty open-minded.)

Last edited:

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years

Good lord I'm really afraid that we are the same person
God you guys sound a lot like me, did we walk into a cloning room once and fiddle with some dials?

Back