• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Illusions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
First of all congratulations Tajoros on your first ever hack and I hope u will deliver an awesome storyline and gameplay.Good luck, but for some reason, I am not getting an evil feeling when I hear the name Team Jazz.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
First of all congratulations Tajoros on your first ever hack and I hope u will deliver an awesome storyline and gameplay.Good luck, but for some reason, I am not getting an evil feeling when I hear the name Team Jazz.

Yes, I know what you mean I named it like that cause Now I'm spoiling... xD the leaders are mainly jazz lovers. Remember Go Rock Squad in Pokemon Ranger? Doesn't sound evil to me either... xD And you'll know more about Team Jazz in the game just you wait.

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Oooo.. Go Rock Squad.. AHAHA.. Ahhh.. Touch-screen massacre for my DS days. :DD

References are great for the evil team's dialogues.. Like the Deadly Seven from Pokemon Snakewood, would you add some? Just for a little spark. XD

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I haven't played Snakewood yet but, we'll see... :)

Anyways here's an update. :)

I was working with battle backgrounds this past few days and I finally have them to work properly yesterday... xD

Here's the look for the Grass and Water Background.

GrassBG_zps4e0d82bb.png

WaterBG_zps93d601b9.png

I also finished doing the Indoor and Field Backgrounds but I'm still working on a way to fix something up.

You may say that this hack is dying but it's not I am working on this on my free time, I don't post updates much but I have more in store for you guys once the mapping is done then it will be to scripting! :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
This seems to be a very interesting hack i love the story so far. I'm looking forward to playing the live beta when it comes out. And as for the Reign name why not call it the "Lorion Reign" :p
p.s. I'm new :x

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
This seems to be a very interesting hack i love the story so far. I'm looking forward to playing the live beta when it comes out. And as for the Reign name why not call it the "Lorion Reign" :p
p.s. I'm new :x

Thanks... :)

You mean Region Name...

Nah, I'll go with Crown... xD

Also we have just got the animation for the lava tiles working so it won't be long till I start scripting and posting more updates.

Also the Battle Backgrounds are subjected to change. :D

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Wow, this hack looks interesting...and the evil squad leaders are jazz lovers? Yeah, very smiliar with Go rock squad from Pokemon Ranger xD. I have a question...can we obligatory have Zorua in this game? I mean, there's a guy who gives Zorua to you when you reach a city, or PKMN center...coome on, please, I want a Zorua, that would be interesting with the storyline, haha... Oh, and Good luck too :)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Wow, this hack looks interesting...and the evil squad leaders are jazz lovers? Yeah, very smiliar with Go rock squad from Pokemon Ranger xD. I have a question...can we obligatory have Zorua in this game? I mean, there's a guy who gives Zorua to you when you reach a city, or PKMN center...coome on, please, I want a Zorua, that would be interesting with the storyline, haha... Oh, and Good luck too :)

You'll get one don't worry... :)

Ok, now it's time for a huge update!

I got a lot in store for you guys but sadly I don't have any scripting done.

Screenies!
Spoiler:

And that concludes our huge update. xD Also thanks to NarutoActor for assisting me in the Mapping Field I owe him a lot.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Hmm, you're missing Trevor/Zeikaro in your credits for tiles. The gym tile was made by him.

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
This looks great! I love how the tiles actually kept a FR style even though you changed them. You don't see that very often. Good job c:
I also like what you've done with the battle backgrounds!

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Nice Update bro! I love how you merged Emerald Tiles with Firered Tiles, they go well together. I also really love the mapping. So, I see theres gonna be berries right?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Nice Update bro! I love how you merged Emerald Tiles with Firered Tiles, they go well together. I also really love the mapping. So, I see theres gonna be berries right?

Yeah, there are going to be a berry system in the game so I'll remove that tiles and change those to OW's in emerald. One of the reasons why I'll be adding more OW's... xD

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Oh, OK then :/ You made a strikestrough on "You will be forced to play as male" so I thought you were working on a female sprite. And don't make my theme think I'm a female XD.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Wow, berries in Fr? I have always wanted to do a script like that. But I'm not that great with scripting....

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Wow, berries in Fr? I have always wanted to do a script like that. But I'm not that great with scripting....

Scripting the berries will be easy the hard part is making the berry system work. Which can be achieved with ASM with the help of JPAN and shiny quagsire... ;)

An update will be posted soon after I inserted more custom battle animation backgrounds... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back