• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Tournament V2

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Fighting

Round 2
2/8
0-2
• Ground - Dark Azelf Loss
• Fire - Diversion Loss
• Psychic - jellicentfan1
• Ice - Wolflare
• Dragon - Forever
• Water - Classic Sonic
• Grass - Vaporeon7
• Ghost - Miss Doronjo

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Round 2:

Won vs Dark Azelf

I want to inform everyone that I am editing my team based around what your typing is, which is what I hope everyone else does because that's strategic and playing smart, but apparently it's a dick move. Just wanted to let you all know so you can plan to counterteam me too :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Right just so everyone is made aware, Nica is counter teaming people based on the first round. Like changing sets, mons and evs, for example she used max def Kyurem specifically (Max def has no use outside really lol) for my ground team as seen by this log (even admits it);

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokecommunity-ou-39809

(pay close attention to the chat)

Dash i would heavily disallow being allowed to change teams for specific opponents, its very unsporty and because of the restrictive nature of this tourney its very much amplified in determining who wins. That and because you have to play people more than once. That is huge.

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Eh, how do I say this...

I'm pulling out lol. I'm just not really up for it no more, and other things have popped up. It's been fun.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Right just so everyone is made aware, Nica is counter teaming people based on the first round. Like changing sets, mons and evs, for example she used max def Kyurem specifically (Max def has no use outside really lol) for my ground team as seen by this log (even admits it);

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokecommunity-ou-39809

(pay close attention to the chat)

Dash i would heavily disallow being allowed to change teams for specific opponents, its very unsporty and because of the restrictive nature of this tourney its very much amplified in determining who wins. That and because you have to play people more than once. That is huge.
If information about another's team is stated officially by the event host, participants should be able to take advantage of it. It's your loss if you don't. Not to mention it would be fairly difficult enforcing this rule.

Eh, how do I say this...

I'm pulling out lol. I'm just not really up for it no more, and other things have popped up. It's been fun.
You didn't make it to round two, so there's nothing to drop out of, haha. I suppose everything worked out then.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
• Fighting - .Aero
• Fire - Diversion - Won
• Psychic - jellicentfan1 - Won
• Ice - Wolflare - Won
• Dragon - Forever -
• Grass - Vaporeon7
• Ground - Dark Azelf - Lost

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

0-1

Lost vs Miss Doronjo (Ghost)
lost vs Dark Azelf (Ground)
lost vs Diversion (fire)
Lost vs Wolflare (ice)
won vs Vaporeon7 (grass)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
FIRE

Round 2

Lost vs Dark Azelf [Ground]
Won vs .Aero [Fighting]
Won vs jellicentfan1
Lost vs Miss Doronjo [Ghost]

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
So are people you know...gonna do their battles for this or what ?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Round 1
Lost vs Dark Azelf [Ground]
Won vs jellicentfan1 [Psychic]
Lost vs Miss Doronjo [Ghost]

I'm sorry about this, but I will most likely need a small extension to have any hopes of getting a battle with some of the not so active people (or those with a poor time zone match-up with me).

Last edited:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Ok so um I decided to extend this one more week ~

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
A power outage occurred, so if I don't finish my matches on time...you'll know why. You may give my remaining opponents the win if I don't get a chance to battle them.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
If anyone forgot to update their wins/losses then please do it immediately. Also I will be removing fire since Lati won't be back til October (maybe) and Forever has pulled out so I will be removing Dragon as well.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Ok time for the results.

• Fighting - .Aero 8-4 = 4
• Fire - Diversion 2+6-4 = 4
• Psychic - jellicentfan1 12-8+3 = 7
• Ice - Wolflare 1-4+3 = 0
• Dragon - Forever 8+3 = 11
• Grass - Vaporeon7 2-4 = -2
• Ghost - Miss Doronjo 2+9-2 = 9
• Ground - Dark Azelf 10+18-2 = 26

If I miscounted anything please tell me so I can fix it.

•Round 3: You face everyone 3 times. It will be Best out of 3 (3 People)
Note: The Top 3 with the most wins makes it to this Round.

So you the 3 players that are green will face each other 3 times. Each win will count as 5 points and each lose will count as 5 points as well. (Note you only get 5 points if you win Best out of 3 not every match) Good Luck and I hope you finish your matches ASAP.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Please note that the 2 players with the highest points will move on to the next round. The final round will not count on points but will be a best out of 3 battle. Winner of that will be the winner.

Back