• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
There's more than one way to trailblaze with something. In this context, it was about the aspects of hacking covered by these tools, and how well they did their jobs. Similarly, greatness is measured by a countless number of factors. Plus, you have to consider that not everyone has a Mac. If someone doesn't have one, it's kind of hard for that person to make software for it.

If "us Windows people" want to purchase songs from the Apple Store (which is, honestly, the best store for digital music purchases), we have to use iTunes. It's out of necessity rather than choice.

So what if it's hard, amazing people do hard things and supposedly HackMew is amazing. Also you can get Wake Up by Rage Against The Machine and The Funeral March Choppin for free on the internet, but not on the app store and I aways have my volume all the way down in case iTunes turns on.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
So what if it's hard, amazing people do hard things and supposedly HackMew is amazing. Also you can get Wake Up by Rage Against The Machine and The Funeral March Choppin for free on the internet, but not on the app store and I aways have my volume all the way down in case iTunes turns on.

Making tools for the mac is not a requirement to be revolutionary or amazing. He revolutionized more by making the tools how he did and not by wasting his time porting them to a platform with a much smaller userbase and demand. These tools will never support OSX; you'll just have to deal with it.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I have found the source code of XSE. So if anyone wants to continue developing this program, feel free to do so. As stated in the first post of this thread, Hackmew licensed this program under the GPL v3. So this program can be freely distributed and modified, as long as it remains under GPL v3.

The download link to the source code is here. Always honoured to save source codes from being lost in history. ^^

M++

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Speaking of source code, just Google "andrea hackmew" and follow the second link in the results. There should be a heap of things that may be of use to you.

It is sad to see people bashing for the things that actually *are* useful and user-friendly even years after being developed, *can* run on the minority platform of one's choice given that one uses the right compatibility layer, and *have* changed the scene in the time when they first appeared. I'm even more disappointed about the bashing since I really liked the guy. I still do, he made me like Italians to the extent that I started studying the language :D

Last edited:

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Making tools for the mac is not a requirement to be revolutionary or amazing. He revolutionized more by making the tools how he did and not by wasting his time porting them to a platform with a much smaller userbase and demand. These tools will never support OSX; you'll just have to deal with it.

Tons of people use mac. Also it is not a waste of time to make them on mac. There are tons of people who would use them! The internet is filled with complaints. Also dealing with it would be to buy a PC with windows. So if you want me to shut up, you'll have to either show me tools for the mac other than MEH, or fork over 300 dollars for me to buy a PC.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
Tons of people use mac. Also it is not a waste of time to make them on mac. There are tons of people who would use them! The internet is filled with complaints. Also dealing with it would be to buy a PC with windows. So if you want me to shut up, you'll have to either show me tools for the mac other than MEH, or fork over 300 dollars for me to buy a PC.

If it's not a waste of time to make these tools for mac, why don't you give it a shot yourself, then?

It would indeed be great if these tools were compatible with mac (which they are through Windows emulation), but they aren't so end of story. You can't just come here and demand tool makers to rewrite their tools for mac.

LordOfMinecraft

LordOfMinecraft
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
If it's not a waste of time to make these tools for mac, why don't you give it a shot yourself, then?

It would indeed be great if these tools were compatible with mac (which they are through Windows emulation), but they aren't so end of story. You can't just come here and demand tool makers to rewrite their tools for mac.

To the first thing you said, I can't. I don't know how. If I did I would, but I don't. To the second thing, isn't that what forums are for?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
To the first thing you said, I can't. I don't know how. If I did I would, but I don't. To the second thing, isn't that what forums are for?

Forums are not for demanding people to do things. You can ask tool creators to port their work to mac, sure, but if you do you should be prepared for a negative answer and accept that answer, rather than to keep going on about it. And please change your tone to a less demanding and more respectful one.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 28, 2015
I'm having a problem with advance trainer it keeps saying it can't be extracted but im not trying to extract it
(im on windows 8)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 28, 2015
Well first of all have you extracted it? And if you haven't download Winrar (that's what I use) and extract it.
Now it says it will be compressed only after closing the application and wont open at all (with winrar)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 28, 2015
When you look at A-Trainer does it look like a stack of books with a red one on top? If it does then right click it, and click "Extract Here".

Cannot execute "C:\Users\zach\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.142\A-Trainer.exe"
is what im getting after doing extract here also yes it is the normal winrar books stack

Last edited:
Years
Cannot execute "C:\Users\zach\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.142\A-Trainer.exe"
is what im getting after doing extract here
Then I have no idea that you're doing I was able to download it, and extract it with no problems. What I find weird is that it says "C:\Users\zach\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.142\A-Trainer.exe" considering the fact that A-Trainer.exe is in the compressed file so I'm confused as to how you were even given an option to extract that. Perhaps redownloading A-Trainer will cause it to work and then restarting your computer? Other than that I'm at a loss. Sorry!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 28, 2015
Then I have no idea that you're doing I was able to download it, and extract it with no problems. What I find weird is that it says "C:\Users\zach\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.142\A-Trainer.exe" considering the fact that A-Trainer.exe is in the compressed file so I'm confused as to how you were even given an option to extract that. Perhaps redownloading A-Trainer will cause it to work and then resetting your computer? Other than that I'm at a loss. Sorry!
Do you mean actually reset or restart? I will try redownloading now that winrar is installed. I think I may just reset my computer either way though to see if the problem is fixable that way thank you very much though very helpful! Thanks for trying! (This is still open if anyone knows how to do it)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 15, 2018
Hiya!

I'm working on a small hack (of Fire Red) to share with my friends and, seemingly for no reason, the rom crashes when I go into battle with male campers. A-Trainer crashes with the following errors when I try to open any of them up:
"Subscript out of range.

LZ77UnComp@modLZ77"

Here is what it sent to the bug.log file:

"20150518|225731|6.2.9200|0.9.1|LZ77UnComp|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|4"

I found a post from way earlier in this forum that suggest opening the ROM in unLZ, but that didn't seem to do anything to solve the problem... Can anyone help me?

I'm very, very new to hacks, so forgive my ignorance, please! :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 8, 2016
I have a suggestion for a tool that I think the world would love. A world map editor. Something sort of like Overworld sprite editor, but for the world maps. Not sure if this can be done, but if it can, loads of hackers, myself included, would jump on it. Nice work on everything, man! Keep it up.

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I have a suggestion for a tool that I think the world would love. A world map editor. Something sort of like Overworld sprite editor, but for the world maps. Not sure if this can be done, but if it can, loads of hackers, myself included, would jump on it. Nice work on everything, man! Keep it up.

You realise HackMew has been inactive for many years right?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Hey Guys.
I'm trying to help a dude in a spanish community and i would like to know:
If it's possible to combine a "random 0x3" with the Shinyzer?
He's wants to make that 1/3 Pokemons, appear as shinies.. but i don't know if it's possible.
I mean, i thought the Shinyzer was only attachable to a Wildbattle, Givepokemon or Trainerbattle :/

EDIT:
Ok, nvm, you actually can xD

Last edited:
Back