• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battle Network[Idea]

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Well, I've been trying to avoid posting this idea on Pokecommunity without enough production done to show I've been working on it,but at this point I really think this is how I can obtain the necessary help.

The name of the game is Pokemon Battle Network and its because a few of its aspects derive from the Megaman Battle Network Series.I can't explain in full detail without giving the complete story away but all I can say is that its a game "different" from the ones being made here,that is for sure.The end product may generally look the same but the actual game may be longer compared to anything out here.I also believe that with enough dedication and motivation,I can produce a quality demo/public beta, and continue on without being satisfied because I do want to see this through,as a lot of you want to see many games finished here.So without further delay here is the list of Ideas for gameplay.

16 Badges
New menu Interface
*Scrapping PokeMart name,now a computer shop
New Quest System
*fakemon
No more E4
Tournaments
A great intro before even reaching the first gym
*means its still undecided

Among all of this,there is a wide region to expand upon.
There is no name at the moment for it will come soon.
THere are a few maps made as well,but I cant post them,due to me posting on a computer different from the one with my files on it,but it basically every map except one built for the intro.When I finish that map,I will work on the events,even though there are no original sprites.That is the reason I posted this idea here today.

I need MAJOR help.I need spriters for original work I have people at my school trying to give me artwork for the game because they want to see it done and I don't want to let them down.I also need mappers and maybe tileset artists because I can't do this on my own.It takes a while for me to have a creative breakthrough and extra hands could jog my mind to do something great.An extra hand for writing wouldnt be bad neither,as I already have one person helping me with the story.I wouldn't mind having a composer either as original soundtracks would be nice.But most importantly,I need eventers and scripters for advice on how to make things work and take my place in case of leave from work.So basically every spot is open and if you do so happen to join,I can tell you the full idea without worrying about ruining the details for people who play the game.

If you want to contact me, Pm me.I will post the few maps I have by the end of the week.You can judge them then.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
These are some of my maps that I've made for the introduction to the game and its aspects.I'm trying to create more,but I'm in a creative slump at the moment.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
My Idea that shares its similarities withBattle Network are
The Tournament idea
Digitalizing Pokemon similar to Netnavis,as well as holding items like computer chips and USB drives instead of Pokeballs.
Because of that,there are quests that deal with systems breaking down or something of the sort.(major plot idea)
New Device actually called P.E.T (Pokemon Electronic Terminal)

Its a few more ideas but these are the main points.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
am i still helping with the storyline?
i thought you said you were going to do something then pm me,
but i may have read your message wrong :)

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
This looks nice so far but I can't go away without saying that you're using the wrong tree's for the boarder of the map. The dark trees are for forests where as the ones you're using to decorate the maps are the ones that should be used as the boarder. Other than that your mapping is quite good.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
Yeah,I hope you were xD.
I actually said I was going to try and map a little while you put in your ideas for the introduction and send it to me.

@Carmaniac
I have been told that before,but the tilesets I use don't have the lighter trees so there isn't I anything I can really do about it.

Blah,unfortunately,all the tiles I WANT to use are on different sets, and trying to combine them has been rather difficult...Really in a slump now because of this.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Yeah,I hope you were xD.
I actually said I was going to try and map a little while you put in your ideas for the introduction and send it to me.

@Carmaniac
I have been told that before,but the tilesets I use don't have the lighter trees so there isn't I anything I can really do about it.

Blah,unfortunately,all the tiles I WANT to use are on different sets, and trying to combine them has been rather difficult...Really in a slump now because of this.

oh no!
okay, i'll start asap :) .
i have an idea to base things off.
so asap... actually asapaigsimpbiirh
(as soon as possible after i go swimming in my pool because it is really hot)

Karel_Kazuki

Years
Really?That is awesome xD
Well send it to me when you are done because Im still planning the next map.

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
Years
This idea sounds cool. I want to help but I am only good at mapping, spriting and eventing in RMXP.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
This idea sounds cool. I want to help but I am only good at mapping, spriting and eventing in RMXP.
You're kidding right?
I would LOVE for you to help us out a little.I can't map correctly because my tilesets aren't properly combined and My eventing is alright.But you can Sprite,and that is something necessary that I can't do.I would like it if you can help.Send me a Pm if you are still interested.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
Sure ,do you want me to send you the project file or anything?

OAN:I'm making a forum to discuss this through if you have time,but I won't post the link.Just check my sigature(not the Pokemunch one its not posted yet)

Karel_Kazuki

Years
Well my output should improve after exam week which is in about two weeks.Afterwards,I will try and get some major work done and release a public beta instead of a demo,because that way, I'll get more reviews on it.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
Now I have a question:Fakemon or not?
Our spriter is raring to go to make some, but I don't want to load him up.Also if we do put some in, how many?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
put in a few, i'd say more real mon over fake mon,
but it is your choice ;)

MegamanDX

Pokemon/Megaman fan
Years
im new here but ive have the same idea about a "Pokemon Battle Network" fake game for quite some time now, i can make BattleChips sprites that has pokemon in it instead of viruses(i allready made a few just ask)and i can make the sprites for the 6 by 3 grid battle system, i also had some ideas for some of the viruses that will apere in "Pokemon Battle Network" too, just let me know about everything.

NeoRyu

Conceptualist
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
Check this story I was thinking of taking advantage of the Megaman "Battle Network" theme

"Well thank you all for being here today, I would like to begin by telling you that using the same system we used to put your pokémon into a pc, to send them to the newly created PCS (Pokémon Central Square) was a successful mission. So all trainers should be receiving a new N.P. (Net Pad) to access PCS at your hand. Though normal gyms are no longer active due to the inconvenience of traveling outside of your home, there will be a tournament series beginning in PCS soon. Lastly thanks to our digital manager we were also able to recreate several cities you may have been to in the past through the PCDD(Personal Conscience Digital Downloader) to enter into the PCS with your pokémon for the majority of the new battles. Thank you and goodnight

What do you think?

Karel_Kazuki

Years
Currently we are revamping some ideas for the game. Everyone who gave an idea is being consulted with our team members.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
Weare silently working on our projects.I've started to event the beginning of the game.If anyone could lend some eventing help,I would really appreciate it.

Back