• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: How to bypass truck script in emerald

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
Years
How to bypass truck script in Hoenn games

This can also start you at a certain location too.

Hopefully works in all Hoenn Games

Video - youtube.com/watch?v=Jmk4-h7ROcY

(using A-map 1.92, and XSE 1.1.1)
  1. Open the truck map(25.40) place the tile 206 on all the tiles.
  2. Open block editor and edit blocks 206, 20D, 215, and, 21D to be all black.
  3. Go to events and delete person events
  4. Go to header and remove one script by hitting remove.
  5. Change the current script type to '05 On entering map/on menu close'.
  6. Hit open script. delete all lines that don't have '#org' or 'end' in them.
  7. To end up at a warp point, put 'warpmuted 0x* 0x** 0x*** 0x0 0x0' before end
  8. To end up in a chosen space without warp, put 'warpmuted 0x* 0x** 0xFF 0x*!* 0x*^*' before end
*=map bank #
**=map #
***=which warp on map
*!*=X position(shown in bottom left status bar on hover in A-map)
*^*=Y position("same as above")

Here's an example that would bring you in front of professor birch in his lab
Code:
#org 0x.....
warpmuted 0x1 0x4 0xFF 0x6 0x5
end

All numbers in Hex

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Even if this work somehow, it's way unprofessional IMHO. You can clearly see the player in the modified truck before it gets warped in the new map.
That, and the fact you need to edit the map/tiles/scripts doesn't really fancy me. Here's a video so you can see the way I made it and compare it with yours.
BTW, why calling it a script when it's actually pure ASM?

PI Hudson

Years
I couldn't find a way to do it before so I tried to do it myself. I succeeded, but I do agree that this seems pointless now, since the other way is easier.

to hackmew: editing the tiles wouldn't do much because its four tiles that are only used in that map. In the script we are editing, we don't even know what it does since it has only the cmda6 command. You don't have to use this map either. You could create a new one and use it as the starting point with your SMCA and warp to the truck, if you so desire. But I'm under the impression that if people want to have the truck effects off also means they don't want the truck either.

Also, you probably used the transparent color instead of black. For info on that, look at the Tutorial video I made in the original post.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
That's a little needless isn't it...
http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/news-440

While it works, some setmaptiles aren't removed and, most important, no music is being played at all.

I couldn't find a way to do it before so I tried to do it myself. I succeeded, but I do agree that this seems pointless now, since the other way is easier.

to hackmew: editing the tiles wouldn't do much because its four tiles that are only used in that map. In the script we are editing, we don't even know what it does since it has only the cmda6 command. You don't have to use this map either. You could create a new one and use it as the starting point with your SMCA and warp to the truck, if you so desire. But I'm under the impression that if people want to have the truck effects off also means they don't want the truck either.

Also, you probably used the transparent color instead of black. For info on that, look at the Tutorial video I made in the original post.

No, I didn't use any trasparent color or workarounds like that ( e.g. changing any script or tiles or whatever). I simply hacked the truck routine and removed anything that was causing the shaking, sounds and the rest. Anyway, replacing that cmdA6 with a warpmuted command isn't a really good idea because warpmuted needs more bytes so you will end up overwriting data unless you repoint the whole script. Needless to say, overwriting data isn't good and can easily cause side effects.

Last edited:

PI Hudson

Years
Oh, I misread your post, Hackmew. I thought you were implying that you used my idea.

No, you can't see the sprite because the tile is made so that the top part can not be seen through. You just get an extra second or less of black after the size down thing.

And your right on the part of bytes, too. I thought XSE would find free space instead of overwriting data that isn't FF.

Back