• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon World Tournament Discussion

Do you like Pokemon World Tournament?

• Yes! I love this new feature!

Votes: 170 89.5%
  • No, I don't like this new feature!

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Maybe, I am not sure I like or don't like this new feature.

Votes: 18 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
Well, the game is already able to combine two individual trainer sprites for a 4-man or 3-man battle, so I suppose a change in script would be all that's needed. Technically, it should be possible. i.e. You vs. Volkner & Jasmine at least, possibly even You & Hugh vs. Liza & Tate, etc.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It seems to follow the Single Double Battle styles though I do understand that "Tag" Double Battles will be possible in the future through DLC. I don't believe they will do a 1 vs 2 for the PWT though.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
So I just won World Leader Tournament Singles (one with all Gym leaders) and got whooping 6BP o.O

I got:

Drayden: 3-0
Cress: 1-0
Fantina: 2-0

Last time I beat World Leaders I got almost 3-0 each time and got 2BP xD

Perhaps type effectiveness plays a part? My Azumarill's Ice Punch owned all of Drayden in one hit (except his Haxorus's Sash, but lolAquajet)

Edit: On second thought, I think I just did region ones and didn't get as much, as I'm getting at least 6BP each time from World Leaders now. Finally got one Life Orb, doing much better. These people Choice Band the most random Pokemon with the most random moves.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As I already explained, you get BPs equal to this equation:
Number of chosen Pokémon * 3 - 1 for each fainted Pokémon =)
So you got 6BPs in Singles because you chose 3 Pokémon at the beginning (= 9 at the beginning) - 3 fainted pokémon throughout the Tournament :D

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
wait, we lose BP from fainted pokemon? :(

that's a shame, ah well, good thing I have no need to BP and am playing through the tournament purely for fun and challenge

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Yeah the fainted thing really sucks because it's impossible to cover every gym leader / champion with just a few Pokemon. I lost my White version with everything on it so I have to get all hold items over again :/ I'll be in PWT for awhile.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Losing BP actually sounds like an even bigger challenge, imo. Like, that just drives me to do even better! I don't think it'd be impossible at all, but you'd REALLY have to put your brain to work as to which teams, pairings, and leads you'd want to go with, which tanks if any, sweepers, etc etc. It's awesome to see how they've REALLY made this a super interactive point system. Before if your Pokemon fainted it wouldn't matter, but now that it does is just awesome! c:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
you can't really go wrong with a Lapras that knows Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and Flamethrower, holding a Charcoal or Leftovers
and my Roserade with Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Toxic and Sludge works too

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
It's all luck based as you have absolutely no idea who you will be up against. Sometimes I go 3-0 all the way, sometimes I get wiped on the first match. Double Battles are probably my favorite, they get pretty exciting.

Either way, this is hands down the best Frontier I've ever played.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I haven't even played in the PWT yet, except for the required entry at the start. ); The new BP rules (are they new? i never played in the subway in the previous games) are surely going to drive some people mad since they'll have to be extra careful with their strategies.

And what I've noticed is that everyone seems to be discussing the champion tournament and so on but no one has mentioned the other types such as Rental, Rental Masters, Type Expert and Mixed. :( Rental Master looks like it has some pretty fierce Pokemon in there. Rental Pokemon list

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Frontier will be Frontier, so I'm focusing on the new stuff, which is the leaders / champions. That list does look fun, I'll give that a shot later as well.

Years
This feature sounds pretty cool, but it's almost like Pokemon Generation 4's feature where you can battle the Kanto gym leaders and the Elite Four. Instead, you can battle the gym leaders and the Elite Four from all the other regions, so I think this feature's okay. Why didn't they have this feature in Generation 5? :/

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
This feature sounds pretty cool, but it's almost like Pokemon Generation 4's feature where you can battle the Kanto gym leaders and the Elite Four. Instead, you can battle the gym leaders and the Elite Four from all the other regions, so I think this feature's okay. Why didn't they have this feature in Generation 5? :/

You could only battle the leaders then because they were rematches. This time it's a world tournament so all leaders and champions are featured. And because usually in the first two games they have the battle tower, or in Gen V's case, the battle subway. We usually get extra battle facilities in the 3rd games. (Or in this case, sequels).

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah the fainted thing really sucks because it's impossible to cover every gym leader / champion with just a few Pokemon. I lost my White version with everything on it so I have to get all hold items over again :/ I'll be in PWT for awhile.
It can be done =D It's not that hard to get over 10BPs :D
I got 12BPs as well in some cases :D
It's best to do Rotation Battles if you want quick BPs =)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I change it around every time. I know many hate Rotation and Triples, but I find them very fun :D

I love triples. For mix triples though, I'm stuck between love and hate. (I love the idea for this type of match, but I hate them because half the time it's my heavy hitters getting picked for the swap.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014

And what I've noticed is that everyone seems to be discussing the champion tournament and so on but no one has mentioned the other types such as Rental, Rental Masters, Type Expert and Mixed. :( Rental Master looks like it has some pretty fierce Pokemon in there. Rental Pokemon list
Rentals is my favorite. Although for some reason I beat Driftveil, Rentals, and Mix and still didn't get Masters so I gave up on it.

So far I've only beat Unova leaders on the right side and I was actually surprised at how challenging it was. Even the first normal trainer was pretty tough lol. I definitely love PWT it's about time they add something like this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Guys some of your posts are getting a little out of hand. Posting what strategies you may want to use to counter the Leaders and other Trainers is perfectly fine, but to discuss what type of battle (i.e. triple, double, single) is a bit too off topic on this thread. Though you may be discussing it because this feature has those types of battles included, talking about the individual type of battle has nothing to do with the Pokemon World Tournament. So please, keep on topic here not only in this thread, but in the entire Black 2 and White 2 forum.

Anyway:
The Rentals option in the PWT is amazing. I'm mad that they don't include Jellicent in the Masters collection of possible Pokemon, but I'm happy to see a lot of different, interesting Pokemon as well. I'm hoping to get an Eelektross on my team. I also love how competitive they've made this in-game option to be. Some of the movesets of the Pokemon are outrageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back