• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Did you use the Sudowoodo on route 36?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Did you catch and use the stubborn Sudowoodo blocking your way on route 36? Assuming you caught it, did you let it rot in the PC or did it find a perfect place in your party? Why?

Again, same as the Red Gyarados, I left it to rot in the PC. I only really caught it because I felt it was somewhat special having a part in the storyline, even if it was just an ordinary sudowoodo. :P

What about YOU?

Pinta77

I always liked Sudowoodo. Unfortunately, I never used it on Heart Gold or Soul Silver. It just sat in the box =/

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I don't think I even caught the Sudowoodo on my last playthrough of Heart Gold. I never really liked any of its moves that it learned, never seemed like a good Pokemon to me.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
Both are rotting in my PC. Watching Pokemon when I was little made me hate sudowoodo lol. And I have just too many water Pokemon I love more to use a gyrados just because it's red xP

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
After catching it, I tried to train it, but then I didn't see it could be useful to me. So I let it rot in the PC..

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
if you're talking HGSS, then no...I never used that Sudowoodo. It's not because I thought it was useless or anything, I just don't any room for it in mah party. I've usually already have mah whole party panned out at that part of the game.

Cid

Years
Heck yeah I did! It was a Rock-type! You know how useful that STAB is in-game, especially early on. Plus the Geodude I've been using was a disappointment in the making because I knew I was never gonna get a Golem from it. :( And I already had a Nidoking (actually, I was still a Nidorino then but yeah) so I don't need two Ground-types. :3

Besides it had really superb Attack and Defense for some reason, and even though it was a pain to grind up to levels that can take Red through the Elite Four, I still stuck with it. It's actually something I included in my party on a whim; I originally wanted a Tauros in, but when I caught one and saw how ugly its overworld sprite is (and how awesome Sudowoodo's is by comparison), I just switched with the Sudowoodo right away. Rock Slide + Wood Hammer was pretty valuable late in the game, too, since I didn't have Grass-types in my party.

Years
I caught the Sudowoodo since I didn't want it to reappear down the road, but I just left it in my box the entire game. I think the only time that I ever used Sudowoodo was back on Emerald, and even then it was only for a brief period.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Nah D:. Sudowoodo is an adorable Pokemon and I love its design, but really in my opinion I didn't find it a suitable battler. Rock-types were never a type that I had an extreme fondness for, since they're slow and weak to many types :/. Besides, my party at that point was already filled with Pokemon I'd grown attached to in such the short time I had been adventuring around the region :D. So it was hard if I had to let one of them go back to the wild or rot silently in my PC.

So Sudowoodo just ended up there. Sadly dying in the PC, never to see daylight again D:.

Squidchan

The Lady Cthulhu
Years
When I caught Sudowoodo I definitely used it in my team because I used it in my first ever have of Pokemon (Silver) and I used it for the nostalgia effect it gave. I've only just started building my teams properly, so at the time it didn't really fit my team and it didn't work out too well, but I persevered.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I did use it once during my very first time playing the Gold version as I found Pokemon that can be seen out of their Pokeballs during gameplay to be special, but never again after that. I don't really use rock-type Pokemon on my teams, and since Sudowoodo is a rock-type, it didn't quite fit in. The only use this Pokemon had for me was filling up my Pokedex. Of course I caught it, but you know where all unused Pokemon go~

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I didn't use it at all. As a child I did in GSC, but I learnt since then that it was quite useless and just left it in the box to enjoy its box-friends.

Triston1zn

GYM LEADER
Years
I did use it on my first ever playthrough of HG....mainly because it was on a similar level to all my other pokemon and I only had 5 pokemon when i encountered it.....it didn't last long however...but it did serve me well :-)

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
I definitely used it. It is very helpful for Morty and Jasmine.

Rock slide just slid those ghosts away

Back