• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swap Meet Challenge

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Great! With the emulator speed, we could definitely get to the third badge tomorrow to switch :)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Great! With the emulator speed, we could definitely get to the third badge tomorrow to switch :)

Yeah, it's freaking fast! lol! but it's just like when I'm using FR too cause I use no$gba but use VBA for gbc games... :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
How did you move on to gym 4 without trading? @_@ Anyway, that'll work. Now emulator group can be...well, a group! I don't know how to organize the 4 into a group so that you get your original team back, and I have to leave asap. :/ If someone wants to contact Myrrh to tell him to get his butt over here and try to get y'all organized...lol. Sorry I'm a crappy host. v_v I blame the damn GT being during school. Yes, I'm still bitter about that. lol

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
You are not a crappy host, it was just badly timed, and bad luck that less people didn't sign up. I think it's a really neat idea, and wouldn't mind seeing this challenge on the Challenge Forum. Gonna go kill beat Team Galactic now! They are really slowing me down. I swear, why are they after both of the first two gyms!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
How did you move on to gym 4 without trading? @_@ Anyway, that'll work. Now emulator group can be...well, a group! I don't know how to organize the 4 into a group so that you get your original team back, and I have to leave asap. :/ If someone wants to contact Myrrh to tell him to get his butt over here and try to get y'all organized...lol. Sorry I'm a crappy host. v_v I blame the damn GT being during school. Yes, I'm still bitter about that. lol

Haha, I didn't saw anyone on FireRed yet but I got two saves one in the 3rd Gym and one in the 4th Gym... :)

Also I'm finished with the 3rd gym in Yellow... :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Myrrhman and I have decided that everyone is going to do the in-game version. I guess he's not gonna be file swapping, so yeah. If you've already hacked in your team and don't feel like having to switch to the in-game rules, then I'm sorry. You can just drop the challenge,or feel free to swap games. Because of the crap factor of this event, everyone will get the emblem regardless of progress. Just putting that out there...

11wildy

Me!
Years
Too bad that it was a little bit too chaotic, but a single week for an event like this is too low. I haven't even had any time to play after beating Whitney, but I will finish the challenge sometime. 'Don't worry, the next coming event will go better forsure! And I'll join it as long as I can monotype it >:D

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Well, I guess I'm gonna drop out then. I was sticking it out for the Emblem really. I don't really want to do the in-game challenge, and it was definitely looking like no one else was gonna catch up in the WIFI section. I'm truly sorry your event didn't go better, and I look forward to your B2W2 event!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
No, how could this be like this...

We could send the .sav files ourselves you know? :)

Well, I'm still doing the In game challenge now for FireRed gonna continue my game... :)

Oh and -ty- and I already swap files... :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I suppose you could have, but it would just be easier for everyone to do the in-game version. I'm terribly sorry, guys. I really am. :/ Maybe we can have this event another time in the Challenge forum sometime next year. In the summer. lol

For those of you that are curious, the next challenge event is going to start on October 1st. It's a sports related challenge. It was meant for September, but I was away for...well, a football game haha. I was also sick. So I decided to put it off til October. How the sports fit in will remain a secret, but I feel really bad about this event, so I thought I should at least tell you what the event is sort of about. I hope you will all participate. You'll have a month for it, unlike this one. :P

Small update for me:

Player: Sydian
Game: Sapphire
Badges: 2

Spr_3r_253.png

Nica / Grovyle (f) lv. 22 @ Miracle Seed
Absorb, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Fury Cutter

Spr_3r_296.png

MAKIT / Makuhita (m) lv. 17 @ Quick Claw
Rock Tomb, Sand-Attack, Vital Throw, Arm Thrust
OT: ELYSSA

For my two trades from another game, I'll be using an Octillery and Mr. Mime that are on my storage Emerald cart. I just kinda looked through all my boxes for something new and interesting, and those two stood out to me. I'll keep them in my box till the appropriate time to use them. They're levels 34 and 42 respectively.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I suppose you could have, but it would just be easier for everyone to do the in-game version. I'm terribly sorry, guys. I really am. :/ Maybe we can have this event another time in the Challenge forum sometime next year. In the summer. lol
I partially blame myself for this, since I'm going so slowly with mine. I'm only up to the first badge in my game.
But it would be good if we could continue this post-PCX, I'm having fun with it at least, even if I haven't started trading yet haha.

Also one more thing. In the rules is said something about needing your full team before the third badge, does that mean we're allowed to change Pokemon, say I want a Remoraid which I can't get until later, and I can swap that out with one of my existing Pokemon which belong to me?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This is extended to October 5th, which is post-GTX really, and considering B2W2 is released in October and there's an event that month, that's enough extension. If you don't finish and want to, feel free to keep doing the challenge post-GTX and maybe blog your team.

Anyway, emulator and Wi-Fi trading challenges are eliminated, so you'll have to change over to in-game version rules. In-game rules are in-game trades and gift only and a max of 2 Pokemon traded from a friend or another cart you have. So no, going and catching a Remoraid won't work. You can however trade one from another game or have someone else trade you one.

It's not your fault, btw. It's just GT being at a busy time of the year for all of us and the time constraints and small amount of sign ups. Nothing to do with how slow you're playing, so if anyone's to blame for this, it's me. Don't blame yourself. :)

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
For my challenge
I came back my 5th gym to get Zoroa and after training a while, It is now a level 60 zoroark :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Level 60 at 5th gym? @_@ Are you soloing? I mean...damn. XD I'm about to be way overlevel for Wattson myself. Nica is 27 and MAKIT is 25 (I don't want it to go too far because it'll start disobeying soon and I need him for Flannery but idk...arrrgh) and we haven't even tackled all the trainers in the Mauville vincity. And then let's remember that there are cycling road trainers too. UGH. At least I can start using my Octillery after I beat Flannery. Tired of Grovyle and Hariyama already. XD

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
it is a little bit easy to train in Black 2 since there are some breeders you can battle again and again like forever. That's why I can get the Zoroark level up so easily + I get lucky egg to help :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You still need to have 2 in-game trade Pokemon on your team, just remember that.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You should go get a Cottonee and trade it for the Petilil! n___n I think that trade is in Castelia City in B2...if not, Route 4. Fairly positive it's in that area, lol. And then I can't remember if they changed the other trades in the game from BW.

Back