• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favourite Battle Frontier Facility

Which is your favourite facility?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Alright, so as you know in Emerald the largest addition from RS was Battle Frontier. Unlike in Gen IV, only trainers chosen by Scott know about it. There are seven facilities, and each one is led by a Frontier Brain who, if defeated, will yield a Symbol. The seven facilities are:

Battle Tower - "Keep the win streak as the toughest TRAINER!"
Battle Palace - "Keep your eyes on POKÉMON battles!
Battle Factory - "Seek out the toughest POKÉMON!
Battle Pyramid - "Advance through the Battle Quest!"
Battle Dome - "Your path to the invincible superstar!"
Battle Arena - "Let the toughest teams gather!"
Battle Pike - "Choose one of three paths!"

My point is which one is your favourite? And why? If you don't have a favourite feel free to say why too.

If you can't remember the facilities: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_III)

Last edited:
Years
I'd have a tough time trying to pick between my two favorites- the Battle Pike and Battle Factory. The random rooms, battles and design really captured my interest when taking on the Battle Pike, and the concept of using randomly generated Pokemon in the Battle Factory was a great idea, and I've been glad to see it carried over to future games.

If I have to pick just one of the facilities though, I'd go with the Battle Pike, simply because it was unique to Emerald's Battle Frontier.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
I really like the Battle Pyramid as it's the closest thing to an overly difficult challenge I've ever experienced in a Pokemon game and when I finally beat it, it gave me a really nice sense of accomplishment.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
As I have now officially tried them all, I thought I'd better chime in with my own vote xD

When I first entered the Battle Pyramid I actually thought it might turn out to be a favourite of mine, not least because I know when I get to him Brandon is at a serious disadvantage against my Metagross and Swampert. However, the "run" mechanic is just decimated in there...I thought it was done partially on speed, yet my lv. 61 EV'd Latios can't flee from a lv.45 Vulpix until it's burnt me (at the third attempt) then whittled down my hp to half? There's a serious problem there.

So...my favourite is definitely the one that's always been my favourite, the Battle Dome. I like the tournament format, being described as a likely winner etc. etc. But also the Dome Ace has possibly my favourite team selection (Aside's from Brandon's iconic 3 Regis) in Salamence, Charizard and Swampert (two of my favourite starters and my first ever pseudo-legendary :D ). Although the straight-forwardness of the Battle Tower can't really go wrong, out of the two relatively "ordinary" facilities I much prefer the Dome.

Years
mine is the battle pike.
Pyramid - you cant run easily and the wild pokemon just cause statis conditions. theyre so annoying
dome - i liked the tournament idea but it seemed kinda un-used, as it resulted in just four battles.
factory - i just dont like using rental pokemon

the other two are fine, just not anything really special. but the pike is really fun. you can actually work out where to go to get through easier. you get rewarded for using the clues correctly instead of being relentlessly dragged down like in the pyramid. and it was the easiest one to reach the brain/leader, who i always viewed as the real challenge. plus lucy's shuckle was SO tough that it felt like a real achievement when my snorlax completely shut it down

Years
Battle Dome for me. I loved the Tourney Tree layout of the facility, and how you can take a look at your opponent's team before going into battle. That way I was never caught off-guard by what Pokémon my opponent would send out.

Sirfetch’d

Battle Pike for me as I loved picking the paths.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2013
Ahh! Hard to choose. For me, i think Battle Dome is the best! It easy and fast battle!:)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My favorite facility was the Battle Dome. It was great to be able to view your opponent's team before battling them, and having to do only four battles was awesome. Also, I really liked how they had the tournament ladder system. It was fun to see how each trainer managed to win their matches. I liked the Battle Factory, too, because it was pretty exciting to use Pokémon that you do not own. =)

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Definitely the Battle Dome for me. Dome Ace Tucker was the first brain I met, and was ruthlessly cut down to size. Needless to say after training up more and further strategising it was also the first I got a medal in. It's been the most missed from all of the frontier challenges. Here's to hoping for a Gen III remake!!

Years
I loved the Battle Factory! I thought it was a really cool idea to be able to see all kinds of different Pokemon, some you've never seen before and then battle with them.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I didn't really pay much attention to the battle areas. I usually went around training and catching different Pokémon, trying to enjoy the casual side of the games. I guess Pokémon competitive battling isn't for me! :3

Back