• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lyrics and tablature sites: Illegal

RoxasOld

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 29, 2006
Omg. This truely is stupid. First, we cant get music for free. Then we couldnt rip CDs or burn them. And now no lyrics and tabs? This is bull. Shows you that it's all about the money, nowadays. That's probobly why music seems to suck, now.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Kenshin11212 said:
Omg. This truely is stupid. First, we cant get music for free.
Well yeah...if you like something you should probably pay to support it.

This...this is just stupid.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
Years
They've always been illegal, since songs are copyrighted. Most labels and artists have turned a blind eye until now, as it helps promote the music, and some bands even give the lyrics and tabs on their websites. However, it's completely within their rights to ban them.

Miiburd

Benjamæl II von Tavireksumpf
Years
My only problem with this sort of thing is that it's hard to find things.... If the lyrics are not with the CD, then blegh. >___>
And also, a lot of things are nice to get on the internet. Things that are difficult to otherwise find in stores, and difficult to order online, like in my case. It's too much of a pain, I can't just walk up to the seller and hand them money. I have to get my parents to use their credit card stuffs and that means I have to bother them about it. @_@
That's sort of annoying ... I don't know why it would be illegal, even if it's copyrighted. As long as they are credited, isn't it just sharing poetry...?

RoxasOld

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 29, 2006
Kazuhito said:
Well yeah...if you like something you should probably pay to support it.

This...this is just stupid.

I still buy a CD, even after I downloaded it. But only if it's good. I downloaded the new Avenged Sevenfold CD and I bought it as well, because it's really awesome. Same with the Metallica S&M concert CD.

Also, I need my precious tabs ;;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
If you want to learn how to play something...buy it. o_o; I doubt they'd crack down on the things that aren't under their specific copyright (ie: anime, game sheet music you find on the internet) so if you can't access that offline, so be it. But to be perfectly honest, if you really want to learn different songs, either learn it by ear or support the artists who actually wrote the music.

The lyrics thing is just stupid, though.

I Want Your Skull

Girls, Be Ambitious.
Years
Wow, but what about things that you can't buy (in the US), say, Dir en grey, Malice Mizer, Luna Sea, L'arc en ciel...etc.?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
If the band allows it, it isn't illegal from what I know.

And don't swear in your posts.

prolific_rhapsody

Paradox in Paradigm
Years
Friggin heck!?! I sing at gigs and stuff all the time, and I can't just up and grab a credit card in the mail or something for stuff like this!!! THIS SUCKS!!!

Oh, sorry... I'm just infuriated right now. I can understand the music, 'cause the bands/artists have to eat too, huh? But LYRICS??? They already have so much money to themselves, but more? Ugh. I just might protest against this as an independent artist, for resources and all.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
Years
Am I the only one who doesn't think this is stupid?

Number One: Its not yours to copy.

Number Two: If you like the band or tabs of a band then tough...just listen to it.

Number Three: If you like the band pay respect to them by not copying their work!!!

It just like downloading music illegaly I stoped mainly because of fear but then i realized hey if I really like the band I should buy their CD.

Years
As a person who actually uses tableture sites, I did find this stupid. Not everyone is gifted to immediately know how to play songs just by listening to them! And also, some people actually learn through practicing these songs by reading the tabletures.

Number Two: If you like the band or tabs of a band then tough...just listen to it.

Tell me, sir. Can you listen to a song and perfectly and accurately tab it, chords, bass, drums and all? Not everyone can, and certainly I can't. As I said, some people learn by playing songs from other bands. I did, and it's part of how I learned how to play the guitar and it's how I learn chords, too and it's how I exercise in learning chords.

In conclusion, this is sheer stupidity. What's next? We can't mention band names and the likes?

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
Years
You want to learn take lessons...not only will you develope your own style but reading music will be a snap...and if reading sheet music is a snap then you should be able to write your own stuff.

Back