• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
I know this has been asked, and i apoligise, but with my internet connection, I dont have the patience to go through all these pages.

when i try and edit a sprite in ULNZ, or watever it's called, I export the sprite, edit it in paint, and when i try importing it it says it's too big or something. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! noob in need!!!

and is there any program like dexter for firered and leafgreen???

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2008
for some reason whenever i try to play a gbc rom, patched or unpatched,(i use the newest vba) emulator the screen turns black, nothing happens, then if i click the menu at the top turns white and the vba freezes. Can some on help me?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
how do i edit the names of items and their description in fr/lg and is there a list of items for fr/lg?

please help

Last edited:

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
@Linkandzelda - Use a text editor like A-Text and search for the Items name & Description. :)

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
Let me make myself clear. In advance map, I want to change the music, but the music is in some weird language like instead it saying pallet town, it says alabastia, or something like that. How do I change it to english?

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
Years
I cant 'compile' scripts
i use pokescript.
When i finnished a script and i save it as .rbc and click all files.
And then right click on it nothinh happens :P
What's the cause of that?

Supergamecube14

The Worst Hacker Ever Born
Years
Does anyone know ANYTHING about Sappy here? I posted two questions about it a month and a half ago and got no response, while questions are getting whizzed right past and answered lickety split. Someone just asked a few days ago and got no response as well. I'm using the newest sappy, the newest midi2gba, i'm hacking fire red, and the music plays in sappy's built in player when it's inserted, but not in-game. If you can help, thanks, if not, one of you pipe up and say, sorry I don't know the answer or something. I know one of you has had to have used the program before.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
I feel the same way. some of my questions never get answerd and I keep posting until they get tired and answer my question.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Let me make myself clear. In advance map, I want to change the music, but the music is in some weird language like instead it saying pallet town, it says alabastia, or something like that. How do I change it to english?

Well, in the Documents and Tutorial section there's what you want. Simply search, next time... Click here

I cant 'compile' scripts
i use pokescript.
When i finnished a script and i save it as .rbc and click all files.
And then right click on it nothinh happens :P
What's the cause of that?

Look in the Documents and Tutorials section to find some tutorials about PokeScript.

I feel the same way. some of my questions never get answerd and I keep posting until they get tired and answer my question.

Well, people don't have to answer your questions, they do it because they want to. We are human beings, not answering machines. Don't forget that.

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
FR/LG Item Hex Codes

I know a lot of people have been asking for the key items list in FireRed/LeafGreen, myself included so this morning I took it upon myself to find it and... here it is!

Spoiler:

I hope this helps everyone! Plus if you want to you can download it in a document here.

Happy Hacking!

Darkrai64

Pokemon expert trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2009
I'm sorry for keep on asking questions, but this may be the last question I'll ask. How do I edit the Pokemon Firered title screen like how they did in pokemon shinygold and chaosblack?

linkandzelda

Years
hi
im having problems with advance text.
i searched for some text in fire red because it was not listed. i found the text and saved it where it should be. i edited it and made it longer but when i tried to save it then it says it asks me if i want to re-point the text and i say yes and it says:

the text pointer wasnt found
the text cant be edited.

it works for all the other text if i make them longer.
please help

Youji

Game Designer
Years
hi
im having problems with advance text.
i searched for some text in fire red because it was not listed. i found the text and saved it where it should be. i edited it and made it longer but when i tried to save it then it says it asks me if i want to re-point the text and i say yes and it says:

the text pointer wasnt found
the text cant be edited.

it works for all the other text if i make them longer.
please help

Try to script the text by your own with empty offsets. Or give me the text you want and I make it for you.(Only a text not a whole script). Or I search the text on my A-text. Yeaah that's better. Post the text part please and say which on is it.(I know the most texts/trainers in FR/LG)

linkandzelda

Years
its in fire red in oaks lab when the rivel takes his pokemon he says:

I'll take this one, then!

i want it to say this:

ELM: MR.POKEMON lives a little
bit beyond CHERRYGROVE, the next

city over. It's almost a direct route
there so you can't miss it. I'll give

you my phone number. Call me if
anything comes up!

Youji

Game Designer
Years
its in fire red in oaks lab when the rivel takes his pokemon he says:

I'll take this one, then!

i want it to say this:

ELM: MR.POKEMON lives a little
bit beyond CHERRYGROVE, the next

city over. It's almost a direct route
there so you can't miss it. I'll give

you my phone number. Call me if
anything comes up!
Sorry I can't find this text.:(

Years
I've made a wildbattle script but I can't figure out how to make the sprite dissapear. I'll post the script just in case i've done something wrong.
Code:
#org $battle
lock
faceplayer
cry 25
message $pikcry
boxset 6
checkflag 0x829
if b_true goto $wild
release
end

#org $wild
lock
wildbattle 25 3 1
release
setflag 0x202
fadescreen 0
end

#org $pikcry
$pikcry 1 = Pik-aa-chuuu!
What number do I put in the people ID?(I'm using advance map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back