• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Longest playtime?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In any Pokémon game, which would be your longest playtime? Which game is it, and how did you manage to get it that high? At some point in the future, do you have plans to break your record? For me, it'd be around 450 hours, which I've managed to wreak up in Emerald. Was trying to complete my Pokédex, so if it wasn't for that, it probably wouldn't have been that much. xD"

Years
I think for me it's 440+ hours I have in Pearl, which I racked up in 2007 and 2008. I've hardly played it since then, though, and I don't know if i'll be able to beat it.

Second highest is I think 270 in White 2. That one I spent quite a bit of time with, although my main Platinum is close behind that also.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The most time I have on a Pokemon game is approx. 600 hours on my White. I'm still not sure why I have so much time on that game when there's not a whole lot to do on B/W. Did I really spend THAT much time on the Battle Subway? Would like to break that record someday on a Pokemon game that actually has stuff to do in it.

Adore

Party.
Years
999 hours on Diamond. In that time I completed my Pokedex, beat all of the Master Rank contests, and spent way too much time IV breeding and EV training. There was also a lot of time spent waiting around on WiFi for people that I had arranged battles or trades with to log on.

I don't think it's possible to beat that record (because that's when the game stops recording playtime), and I certainly don't intend to try.

Last edited:

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
I think I got, like, 356 hours in Black 2? Honestly, I don't remember what my longest ever playtime was, because I typically delete my save files so often, I don't really get the chance to build up a ridiculously long time.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Every time I turn on Y I actual extend my longest playtime. I'm at about 430 hours I think? None of my other save files on any other game really come close to be honest, which is interesting since Y doesn't exactly have a post game.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Nobody beats me in terms of playtime. Accumulatively, I amass over 1000 hours in some games (namely, Platinum, Black, and Black 2. That's 1000+ hours in each game). There's no particular reason for it, I just like playing the games a lot, experimenting with movesets/breeding, and I always come back to the games eventually.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
The most I have ever put into a pokemon game is 260+ hours, but that was back when Silver and Gold came out. Usually I just restart the game after I beat the Elite 4 to try out different pokemon. I don't really have the patience to grind my team out until level 100 anymore and the online features don't really interest me since you really can't communicate with anyone. Soooo I don't have much to do after the Elite 4 which just leads to me restarting lol.

Shhmew

Years
I actually never really paid attention to my play time until I played X. But, in X, I'm at about 250 hours which feels insane. I did some masuda methoding so that could be why, on top of amie games and looots of wonder trading and various other stuff.

Looking at previous answers though I guess 250 hours isn't much. .____.

Years
In a single playthrough, I believe my time on my first Sapphire save was in the range of 300 hours. If I were to combine my 2 saves of FireRed though, I have a feeling that number would be closer to 450 hours.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
I just checked, and I have a freaking 928 hours on my Black version. I have absolutely no clue why or how. Pokedex filling I guess? Second place is White 2, which (although not even remotely close) has 200 hours racked up on there. That at least makes a little sense... but 928 hours... what the...

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
I did at least 450+ hours on ruby before emerald came out and amassed maybe nearly 650+ total over several saves of emerald from first game play to tje nuzlockes, to mindless breeding to complete dex, to my emerald races, and then a measly 200-250 hours for diamond. 200- hours for other games all total.

Years
Right now I have over 240 hours in X. I blame all the breeding I've been doing. My longest time before that was 150 ours in Soul Silver.

Years
Everyone has hours into the hundreds and here I am with only 50+ hours on X ;___; I would have spent more time playing it and adding hours into it catching Pokemon, but I was too excited for Bravely Default so I figured I would complete it before it came out. Now I can devote most of my time there, but I'll eventually come back to Pokemon X to play around~

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Emerald: 198 hours
Pearl: 730 hours
Diamond: 203 hours
Platinum: 220 hours
Black: 242 hours
Y: 300 hours

White and White 2 have about 40 hours each, haha. I only restarted Diamond and White a few times, so most of these are 'original' files. On Pearl, I traded A LOT. I also tried breeding things before RNG came around, EV trained before I bought the AR, and chained a box full of shinies.

1973 hours since 2005... //loser

Back