• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

roacherman

Time Guardian
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
Urgh, after days of pulling my hair out to catch the little creetin magnemite still avoids me >:(

Years
Hey all, stopping by for my annual visit. again. Well, first off, I'd like to congratulate whoever has obtained any shinies lately. Next, I'd like to say - 1 Year of my Shiny Spam videos on YouTube. Oorah. And third, I'll be hunting Giratina all weekend. I'm over the 21,000 mark now... How long must I endure this madness?

SO, that's it for this one. One of my shorter posts in the club, but whatev. Peace out, and good luck to all.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Hey all, stopping by for my annual visit. again. Well, first off, I'd like to congratulate whoever has obtained any shinies lately. Next, I'd like to say - 1 Year of my Shiny Spam videos on YouTube. Oorah. And third, I'll be hunting Giratina all weekend. I'm over the 21,000 mark now... How long must I endure this madness?

SO, that's it for this one. One of my shorter posts in the club, but whatev. Peace out, and good luck to all.

it's been a long time, good luck with giratina.

roacherman said:
Urgh, after days of pulling my hair out to catch the little creetin magnemite still avoids me >:(

take it easy, hope it appears soon.

to Shadow chaos: congrats on larvitar.

In other news, playing sapphire I've reached kyogre and started to SR it. I'll be SRing it with mesprit to see who appears first.

Good luck everyone and happy hunting.

Edit: as I promised days ago, here are the pics of combee and voltorb:
View attachment 51090 View attachment 51091

Last edited:
Years
DAMNS IT, IF I WANT TO TAKE GOOD QUALITY PICTURES WHY CANT I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It has nothing to do with the "quality" of your pictures. If you own a flash device and two GBAs/DSes, feel free to post screencaps of your shinies from emulators. I do. Also having this apparatus, you should be able to provide us with IVs/PVs for your shinies very easily using pokesav.

The issue is your failing to provide evidence that they were found on actual hardware using an actual cartridge.

Posting emu pics on their own was a very foolish thing to do, and places your credibility lower than if you had just told us without pictures of any kind. This is something you'll need to earn back and you're doing a very poor job of it.

Years
Question.

I'm hunting a shiny charmander, and I'm wondering if it's more efficient to hatch 5 eggs at a time or release each pokemon one at a time. Anything to help me hatch more eggs. >_@

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congrats on the new shinies, everyone. They're really just sublime. *_*

As for me, I actually have some free time to day, so I'm getting in some SRs for Darkrai. I'm trying to get in 100. Unfortunately, I will not have ANY time this Thanksgiving Break to shiny hunt (and this REALLY has me angry), but I do believe I'll have a decent amount of time during Christmas Break to shiny hunt. Another good thing to note is that I don't think I'll be playing AAU basketball, so my Spring Break and summer break will be completely free for shiny hunting (although those are long times off). I would like at least ONE more shiny before this year is over, though. This has been my most prosperous year for shiny hunting, and I think it should go out with a bang.

I'm hoping for a shiny Darkrai, but shiny Piplup would be nice, too. I have 1471 SRs for it.

Edit: Brought my SR total for Darkrai and Piplup up to 310 and 1500 respectively. I've also changed my target to Trapinch on my Ruby and Sapphire version.
Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:
Years
I got my shiny charmander!!! =DDD I'm training it through the E4 as we speak.

The next one I'm going to go for is a shiny Metagross. Hopefully this one will come quicker with the masuda method than the last did, I spent probably 16 hours hatching eggs.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, considering it's been almost a month since I last posted here, I decided to post a bit of an update.

Still no new shinies, but my hunts have changed around quite a bit. I've focused on Darkrai more, and SR'd for it mostly when I got the chance. I now have 3452 SRs for it. I also went back to random encountering for Paras, for whom I have 7420 encounters for. Furthermore, I switched from double hunting Trapinch on Ruby and Sapphire to double SRing for Beldum on those games.

Good luck to anyone that still visits here. :(

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
It feells like it's been more than a month since the last time I posted.
no news, but still hunting. I have a good feeling that something good will happen.

The year is almost over.

good luck everyone and happy hunting.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, everyone, after over three years of hunting, I finally have one of my dream shinies! Here are its IVs:

HP: 30
Att: 29
Def: 3
SpA: 16
SpD: 15
Speed: 19
Hidden Power Grass (58)

I couldn't have asked for anything better. I'm so giddy right now, you wouldn't believe it!

Oh. And it's my 39th traditional shiny. Any guesses as to what it is? Click the spoiler to find out!

Pics:

Spoiler:

Edit: In other shiny hunting news, I have 18,400 encounters for Paras between FR and LG, and I have 5108 SRs for Darkrai on Platinum. I'm switching to Heracross on my FR and LG, though.

Good luck, everyone!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Congrats on shiny beldum.
Nice Christmass present you got there.

PD: Happy Holydays everyone.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Shiny Charmander

Hi, I'm new to soft-resetting (literally , I've done like 5 already!) and I was wondering what is the earliest point I would know that my Charmander is shiny? Is it when I choose the charmander or when I look in my menu to check afterards. I wanted to know bcause I thought it could save time, and I don't want to accidently restart when I have a shiny because I was just being ignorant.. Any help and I would be really grateful, thanks...

Pikadance14

Mudkip Kid
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2010
I'd like to join this club. I chain and Soft-reset for shinies, and am currently giving away the foreign shinies I've chained. I don't think listing the shinies I've gotten over the months I've been SRing and chaining would be a good idea since it would be really long.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
?

This place is even more deader everytime I come here... Guess everybody really did pack up and left.

Too lazy to quote every post I'm talking about:
Thank you very much to those that congratulated me on the Nidoran (F) and the Larvitar. 8D
Also, welcome to the club to those new members, who, as you can see, have decided to join during the Barren Era, a period in time that began a while back and spans to the present era in which the club suffers from inactivity, myself included.
Also, to all that caught new Shiny Pokemon, congratulations =D

As for me, since my last encounters, I've done zip. Only Soft resetted about 20 times on Rayquaza since...

Well, to anyone out there, this is Shadow, leaving you a message to keep looking, hatching, hunting, resetting, and to never give up. Till the next one.

Neverbluestar

Char-wrangler
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2010
So! Yeah, I posted quite a while back (Feb 08). Back then I only had my shiny Gallade (Gladius) and my shinky Kricketune. In the mean time I've continued on the shiny hunt and am happy to report that I've definitely gotten quite a few more.

My dreams of an all shiny team are pretty much realized, but as they've all been found by random encounter it's not an A-Team at all, in fact it's at least a third NU.

I got a shiny Bidoof called LordDoofus, who I actually like a lot. I had chained really high on Bidoofs but never managed a chained shiny, he was just a random encounter as I EV trained.

On my FireRed I lucked into a shiny Onix, which was promptly imported to my Pearl cart and traded into a Steelix on my Platinum cart.

A friend also traded me a shiny Charmander, so my dreams of a Black Charizard came true, but I'm still hoping for a hatched one so I can nickname it. Luckily the one I was traded was Adamant so it's still team viable.

And my most recent acquisition was again encountered EV training, and with all the Gyarados and Seaking I battle I was bound to get one or the other... so of course I got Seaking. Awesome.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Well no new shinies to report, but still hatching Shellder eggs and SRing for Giratina. Someday they will shine and I would have forgotten my strategy on catching Gira.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
It's been sometime, but still active.
Lots of things to do.

Congrats to everyone with new shinies and for new members, you have to wait until a co-owner officially admits you, but you are welcome.
I'll upload a pic of my january shiny soon.

See you and good luck everyone

Back