• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Still waiting for my email and avoiding spoilers about the site as best I can. ;_; Luckily I was very distracted by real life the last week so I didn't notice my lack of email from it but fffff now I just want to get in.

Also I saw the movie for the 4th time... but they pulled it out of the 3D theatres!! ;_; The only reason I'm not outraged is because I think the 3D screen they pulled it from was the one they were using for Glee 3D so I got to see Darren Criss in 3D which was kind of awesome. (Well, not as awesome as being a metre from him at the actual concert but still! [For those who do not know Darren Criss, go watch A Very Potter Musical; you will not regret it.])
Sitting here reading a Pottermore spoiler from the Gryffindor welcome notice and I just came to a shocking realization of how terrible it would be for me to be sorted into Gryffindor. Pottermore for me would be to learn about everything I don't know about Harry Potter, and being sorted into Gryffindor would offer less knowledge than anything given the story followed Gryffindor perspectives. Especially being primarily interested in the deep history of the houses, Gryffindor doesn't offer anything new from the spoiler site I'm visiting right now. And from reading the letter, the only thing that's not entiiiirely known by many is that Dumbledore was a Gryffindor, and - honestly - if you were paying attention to even the movies, you'd know that. But at this point, I'd prefer any house over Gryffindor... and Gryffindor is my second favorite house. >_<
Unfortunately, based on what I know about you and what I know about the houses, I think if the site sorts you there, it's accurate, lol. :(

But there would be nothing stopping you from making alt accounts once it's open. :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Unfortunately, based on what I know about you and what I know about the houses, I think if the site sorts you there, it's accurate, lol. :(

But there would be nothing stopping you from making alt accounts once it's open. :P
I spoiled myself and read all of the welcome letters, which are extremely insightful, and came to the conclusion that I have a lot of traits that are usually dominant in all of the houses. I think that applies to most people, though. I'd actually be happy with getting sorted into any of the houses - even Hufflepuff, for that matter!! The information side of it aside, I'd be happy with Gryffindor (especially with Evanna Lynch being sorted into Gryffindor!). Gryffindor or Ravenclaw seem to be where most of my traits rest; more-so Ravenclaw after reading the information I read earlier today, but I don't know if I'm being bias since those are my top two houses...

Cherrim

Years
I think even in the series, a lot of the characters could easily fit into more than one. And I guess people with traits that are big in some houses would have to be sorted into others so that there aren't imbalances and all if one year a whole bunch of brainiacs end up at the school.

Though WHY Godric Gryffindor thought it would be a good idea to take all the impulsive kids and put them all together in one tower I will never, ever understand. (I think I'd go crazy if I were actually a witch--wizarding logic is ridiculous, if non-existent.)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Noooo, I am not impulsive!! I spend forever making a decision! I take forever to decide what I want to order at a restaurant, and even longer with other things! If you're suggesting that that's why you think I'd fit there, then I don't know what to say other than... :(

...I wish I was more impulsive, though.

Cherrim

Years
You're kind of both though! Remember when we abolished name changes? You changed your mind like a million times without actually thinking about each name. xD; So they would've all been pretty impulsive choices had we actually been changing names immediately when peoples' posts went up or were altered. I can think of a few other times too, including several threads you posted before actually looking into their background. *cough*let'smakepostscountinotherclubs*cough*

:P You've gotten better in the time I've known you, though. But a couple years ago? For sure, for sure the first word that came to mind when I thought of you was impulsive. Maybe I've just been too lazy to find another word since then. XD;

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Man, my hotmail gets hacked when i'm most likely to get my pottermore letter.. how annoying.
Anyway, I've played potions on pottermore, thanks to a friend from school.
...I'm in love...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
You're kind of both though! Remember when we abolished name changes? You changed your mind like a million times without actually thinking about each name. xD; So they would've all been pretty impulsive choices had we actually been changing names immediately when peoples' posts went up or were altered. I can think of a few other times too, including several threads you posted before actually looking into their background. *cough*let'smakepostscountinotherclubs*cough*

:P You've gotten better in the time I've known you, though. But a couple years ago? For sure, for sure the first word that came to mind when I thought of you was impulsive. Maybe I've just been too lazy to find another word since then. XD;
Oh, pooh. How embarrassing of you to bring up the post count thing! I thought we'd have gotten past that by now. :'(

But how can I be impulsive and indecisive at the same time? It makes my brain hurt just trying to comprehend that.

Cherrim

Years
You impulsively pick the first thing that comes to mind and go with it and then you start questioning yourself and changing your mind a lot. So you're both!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Just reading your responses to the thread amuses me. Although I agree with Patchisou here, because I wouldn't want to be sorted into Gryffindor. I'm more of the Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff type, and me being sorted into Gryffindor doesn't seem fit. Then again, I am quite brave when it comes to irl situations. But hey, that doesn't count!

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Speaking of which, I was occupied all this summer and lost all the Pottermore ruckus. Ah, too bad, I guess I'll just have to wait until October. But man, I'm envious, reading all those posts about 'did you get this, did you find that' etc.

Cherrim

Years
:c Well, only a month to go until open registration! I suppose spoilers for Pottermore should go under spoiler tags, too.

Whenever I do sorting quizzes on the internet, I get Ravenclaw first by a longshot and then the next is either Slytherin or Gryffindor. So long as I'm not Hufflepuff, I'm pretty okay... I intend on buying my house tie from Noble Collection (as well as a wand and probably a Marauder's Map @_@) and I don't really like Hufflepuff's colours, but I'd be fine with any of the others. xD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I'm heavily relying on the Pottermore sorting to tell me which uniform I should get! I think that's the main reason I'm so anxious about it. It's really the main thing about Pottermore that I'm really looking forward to at the moment.

edit: OMG MY POTTERMORE EMAIL CAME! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherrim

Years
On the edge of my seat about your house placement now, tbh.

(Spoiler anything about the site, including questions on the sorting quiz and everything please! ;_;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I... got sorted into Slytherin. How? How? HOW? ...How did that even happen? I identify with some of the things that make a Slytherin, but I identify much more with Hufflepuff even than Slytherin.

I have two other accounts, and I'm in the frame of thinking that if I get sorted into Slytherin in those two accounts as well, then this is an accurate placing and I'll come to terms and accept it, but if the other two accounts come out with a different answer (preferably Ravenclaw or Gryffindor!) then I must have made a mistake or something this time around. There are apparently a ton of questions that have a possibility of being asked that determine this.

My wand was Hawthorn, Dragon Core, 12 and a half inches, slightly springy. I wanted Phoenix Feather as my core, though. :(

Spoiler:

Cherrim

Years
:( I haven't heard good things about the sorting quiz questions so it makes me wonder whether it actually takes personality into account properly or if it goes more by house quota so there aren't too many Ravenclaws or too many Gryffindors, etc. Supposedly JK tested it out on all sorts of people and said it was always accurate but I'm really doubting it if Nick got into Slytherin. XD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
There are 15,490 Gryffindors, 16,283 Ravenclaws, 15,478 Hufflepuffs and 15,470 Slytherins.

After re-reading the Slytherin notice, I think I'm more of a Slytherin than at first thought. They have a lot of underlying traits that are common between Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Hmm, if you guys got it about 10 hours ago, then I should be getting mine either late today or maybe even tomorrow. Hopefully before the hurricane hits and knocks the power off.

My wand was Hawthorn, Dragon Core, 12 and a half inches, slightly springy. I wanted Phoenix Feather as my core, though. :(

Interesting. Your wand also represents which house you're from as well. Just like Phoenix cores would be Gryffindor-types.

There are 15,490 Gryffindors, 16,283 Ravenclaws, 15,478 Hufflepuffs and 15,470 Slytherins.

After re-reading the Slytherin notice, I think I'm more of a Slytherin than at first thought. They have a lot of underlying traits that are common between Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.

This is good to see. Seems like we *really* didn't know how the Sorting went. We assumed for what they were, but these numbers show we hardly knew anything at all. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Interesting. Your wand also represents which house you're from as well. Just like Phoenix cores would be Gryffindor-types.
Phoenix feather cores aren't at all Gryffindor types. Most of the Gryffindor characters have dragon heartstring as a wand core. The only known characters who have Phoenix feather are Harry and Voldemort.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
Ugh I really wish I had gotten in. But it does make sense. I got in on day 6.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
They're choosing at random. Some people from day 7 have already gotten in.

Back