• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Assassin's Creed

Years
Is anybody else super excited for AC3 just like me?
When I first bought and played Assassin's Creed I couldn't put it down, I collected all the flags and got everything perfect in time for AC2 to come out and with it came a whole knew experience in Italy as well as different features in battling and climbing and everything was improved.

I'm hoping they don't make any major changes to the overall gameplay.
I know they've redesigned the engine from scratch so that will be interesting.

So, What did you or didn't you enjoy about the Assassin's Creed games and do you think the designers could fix them and how?
What are your expectations for the upcoming Assassin's Creed 3 game? Do you hope there is a complete overhaul in the mechanics?
Do you enjoy the continuing storyline of Desmond over the course of the games?
This thread should be about anything and everything Assassin's Creed. Post away! Answer my questions, ask your own, do what you want let's see where this goes.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
I'm not really excited for AC3, but I'm still getting the game after that ending in Revelations, and I haven't read much of the game yet.

So far, I happy with the game play in the past games, but what I hate is when they add a massive ton of weapons, grenades that I'd probably never use.
I hope we get to control Desmond more this time, e.g. assassinating a few Templars that were following them, or something like in brotherhood and we can get to interact with the other characters.

Otherwise, I'm just following the game because of the story, I kinda want to see how Desmond's story ends. :D

Years
I've never played past maybe the first hour of AC1, and as a result haven't touched the others.

As for AC3, I'm...not sure about the whole assassins (and apparently Templars) during the Revolutionary War thing. My suspension of disbelief only goes so far >_>

Years
I've never played past maybe the first hour of AC1, and as a result haven't touched the others.

As for AC3, I'm...not sure about the whole assassins (and apparently Templars) during the Revolutionary War thing. My suspension of disbelief only goes so far >_>

Well it's fiction all the same as any other game, but with a historical edge.
And all the happenings in AC1 and the AC2 sub-trilogy have checked out as moderately accurate.
Of course I don't know anything about the American Revolution so hey could get really crazy inaccurate. I still enjoy it nonetheless.

Years
I'll go out of the way to say that I've never played any of the Assassin's Creed games, but I had the opportunity to do some beta testing for Assassin's Creed III, and I'm probably going to end up getting the game (maybe not on release day, but I will pick it up at some point). I'm just hoping that there aren't too many points where you need to know about events from the past games, or it might hurt my enjoyment of it a little.

Years
I only just got an Xbox last year (opposed to our Wii), so I haven't had much chance to play Assassin's Creed in between my Halo series playing, but I am very excited for Assassin's Creed 3 to come out! Though I'm actually only up to AC2, and I refuse to play 3 before I finish, I've been counting down the days.

Most of all, I feel privileged to be part of the fandom, if you will, even so late in it's life.
So the bottom line? I love Assassin's Creed and I'm absolutely ready to grab AC3 and play until the sun rises! Just after I finish the other games :)

Pokemon-izle

Pokemon izle
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
I like it game for high graphics but i dislike very difficult controller. :/

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I used to love AC back when it first came out but I just couldn't get into revelations so i am still on the shelf about this one. Plenty other games coming out I know I am going to enjoy so this is moving lower on my list of games I want.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Revelations was perhaps one of the most disappointing games I've played. I was so excited for it, because I love the AC series and it came as a huge let down. AC3 looks amazing though so I'll definitely be getting it, just for the opportunity to climb around in trees....

Years
I used to love AC back when it first came out but I just couldn't get into revelations so i am still on the shelf about this one. Plenty other games coming out I know I am going to enjoy so this is moving lower on my list of games I want.

Revelations was a let down for most of us. I'm feeling highly confident that Ubisoft will pick itself up and amaze us once again with something just as great or better than AC2.

I've definitely been keen to be able to climb cliff faces and tree's as well as the occasional building instead of all buildings all the time. Although with so many tree's I'm wondering if there will be easy to spot free running sequences like there was in all previous games.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Not particularly looking forward to it. I will probably pick it up and play it at some point, but it isn't on my radar right now.

At the most basic level, I don't like the locale. It looks boring to me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Not particularly looking forward to it. I will probably pick it up and play it at some point, but it isn't on my radar right now.

At the most basic level, I don't like the locale. It looks boring to me.
I feel exactly the same way. :/ I like the series overall so I'm sure I'll pick this up eventually but I have zero interest in buying it right now.

I need to stop watching trailers if I want to get excited for this game because each one I see disappoints me even more. Especially that one where Connor was leaping from snowy branch to snowy branch? Have the developers ever tried running on branches or tree trunks when they're covered in snow? There's no way he would slip and fall the twenty feet, breaking his neck. They are SLIPPERY. >:( You'd think I'd be able to suspend my disbelief for this sort of thing considering the physics the series has gotten away with in the past but apparently snow physics hit too close to home? Haha.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
AC used to be my favorite new game series from this gen, but it's just gotten so stale for me. AC was okay but repetitive and flawed, AC2 was phenomenal, Brotherhood was great but samey, and Revelations was just too much. AC doesn't need to be a yearly franchise.

I'm one of the few people that actually likes the Revolutionary setting of AC3 (plus the fact that one of the naval battles takes place like...a few miles from where I live, haha), but I'm just tired of the gameplay. I practically had to force myself to beat Revelations, and that's just been about six months or so ago - I'm not ready to play another AC yet. I'm sure I'll pick AC3 up when it goes on sale or the price drops though.

Years
I thought the same thing about the setting for AC3 about it looking boring, but I'm sort of interested to see if they can redeem that from me, it makes me want it even more.

@Lightning:
HAHAH!! That's quite funny, especially considering your mind bypassed diving off buildings at least 100m tall into a rose bush without so much as a bruise.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
@Lightning:
HAHAH!! That's quite funny, especially considering your mind bypassed diving off buildings at least 100m tall into a rose bush without so much as a bruise.
I know, right! I mean, I always laughed it off because I knew it wasn't possible but it didn't really bother me. Maybe because I have literally no experience with falling from heights higher than my bed. But running through woods in snow (and 2+ feet of snow)? Been there, done that; it's really difficult. It would not make for a fun game if implemented "correctly". :P When there's personal experience involved, maybe it does make a difference.

Of course now I'm just curious if any parkour enthusiasts have ever had issues with the series for this kind of reason, haha.

CoMM

Comitted Facenose
Years
Unlike all of you, I am super duper ultimately excited for AC3 and can just NOT, can NOT wait for it. I am a huge Assassin's Creed fan since the first game.

When I played the first game it was the day Brotherhood came out I heard about this game and saw it 70% off for the first game.

I played it and later saw it was an amazing addicting game with a rich storyline but the system and graphics at the time were....meh.

Then when I decided to pick up AC2 it was extremely epic and better than the last and was excited for it by a lot. I love the Desmond story.

When I picked up AC:Brotherhood it was a complete letdown. It had so many awesome new features but the con is that it's really short. This game could've been better. But what made it not a complete letdown is the new multiplayer feature which I instantly level 50'd it.

AC:Revelations was also a complete letdown, it's just a few added chapters and all the cool features from Brotherhood were gone. I loved horseback riding ;-;. But the multiplayer feature was a great addition too.

Once AC3 was revealed as usual my respond to a new AC game I kept jumping around like a total fanboy on how awesome and cool it is. I mean they say it's all the animations and graphics and system remade from scratch of 3 years work? Wow. I'm thinking of getting the Vita game too when I have extra cash lying around. But what I'm dissapointed is that this is Desmond's end. And they haven't revealed much Desmond info. Can't wait for this game at the end of the month.

Years
Unlike all of you, I am super duper ultimately excited for AC3 and can just NOT, can NOT wait for it. I am a huge Assassin's Creed fan since the first game.

When I played the first game it was the day Brotherhood came out I heard about this game and saw it 70% off for the first game.

I played it and later saw it was an amazing addicting game with a rich storyline but the system and graphics at the time were....meh.

Then when I decided to pick up AC2 it was extremely epic and better than the last and was excited for it by a lot. I love the Desmond story.

When I picked up AC:Brotherhood it was a complete letdown. It had so many awesome new features but the con is that it's really short. This game could've been better. But what made it not a complete letdown is the new multiplayer feature which I instantly level 50'd it.

AC:Revelations was also a complete letdown, it's just a few added chapters and all the cool features from Brotherhood were gone. I loved horseback riding ;-;. But the multiplayer feature was a great addition too.

Once AC3 was revealed as usual my respond to a new AC game I kept jumping around like a total fanboy on how awesome and cool it is. I mean they say it's all the animations and graphics and system remade from scratch of 3 years work? Wow. I'm thinking of getting the Vita game too when I have extra cash lying around. But what I'm dissapointed is that this is Desmond's end. And they haven't revealed much Desmond info. Can't wait for this game at the end of the month.

You and me :)
This game is going to be much more Desmond oriented I believe. I just hope the storyline is as long as possible.
In fact we do know quite a lot about Desmond, especially from Revelations where we find out about his background and the reason behind Abstergo abducting him.

So now I have a question for everybody about Lucy.
We all know Minerva forces Desmonds hand in her death. My friend had a theory that Lucy was a Templar posing as an Assassin posing as an Abstergo agent. It would be a good way of earning his trust because obviously he was getting increasingly difficult when in Abstergo custody.
What do you think?
Was this her true intention or was she true to the Assassins and Minerva is just a b****?

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Got the Vita one but also waiting for Wii U to get the Wii U version of AC 3. It will be fun sicne it is based near where I live

FrankOcean

OFWGKTA ALL DAY
Years
I started playing AC in the middle of the story with Brotherhood, which was probably not a good idea. I loved Brotherhood to death, especially the multiplayer. Revelations wasn't as good though, tbh.
Honestly one of the best video game series I've ever played.

And now I see all my friends playing AC 3 and bragging about how good it is makes me want it even more.

ahmet476

standing around
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
I've played all AC games so far. Although I think the last game before AC3 was the best because of more non-main quest story stuff and you actually have something to spend your money on this time, AC1 has a special place in my heart.

I can't wait to get the new game.

Back