• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

<★> Trade Evolution Club <★>

Status
Not open for further replies.

#isthenumbersign
Years

Trade Evolution Club
Such an original name...

They may play hard to get, but trade evos are some of the best Pokemon in battle, and in style. This club is for all you fans out there who love the Pokemon you have to trade to get!

Rules
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Groups' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to stay active!
4. Upon joining, choose one partner Pokemon from those pictured below.

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Reason for joining:
Answer to the current topic:

List Of Pokemon
065f.gif
068.gif
076.gif
094.gif
186.gif
199.gif
208f.gif
230.gif
212.gif
233.gif
367.gif
368.gif
464f.gif
466.gif
467.gif
474.gif
477.gif
350.gif
526.gif
534.gif

589.gif
617.gif

Members List
350.png

AlexOzzyCake
368.png

Hikari10
199.png

Umbr30n
230.png

Wateria
76.png

Olli97
65.png

Current Topic
With the coming generations (assuming there are), what sort of innovations would you predict/want out of trade evolutions?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Tbh I thought there were more trade-evolution Pokémon haha, there's actually surprisingly few!

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon: I really don't know, I'm stuck between four of them :( I'll go with Gorebyss! It's a shining beauty of the sea and it's a very quirky Pokémon to use in battle.
Reason for joining: The trade evolution Pokémon are generally pretty fascinating. They all have a really unique quirk to them like Machamp's extra arms or Slowking's royal stature and this is the reason I usually use at least one of them in my team. They're generally very strong Pokémon once they've evolved (there are a few exceptions of course, but a lot of them are complete powerhouses :p) and they're pretty fun to obtain too! It's more of a connection formed with them when you have to go to more difficult lengths to evolve them.

Do you like trading as a method of evolution? Why or why not?
At first I really didn't since I just saw it as a way for Nintendo to make more money and it irritated me that I couldn't get some of the really cool Pokémon that I wanted, but then I stopped being so cynical and began finding it a really cool way to spark evolution. Some of the methods are so intricate like Clamperl's tooth/scale or Karrablast/Shelmet's cross-evolution, and these traits make the Pokémon far more interesting than a lot of the standard evolution Pokémon. It's just that much more of an accomplishment once you've worked to obtain the parameters for evolving the Pokémon and then you have to trade it over, it seems more of an achievement when you receive it back haha. The only thing I don't like about it is that you usually miss seeing your own Pokémon evolve, but I guess it can't be helped!

Years
I need to join this... the more clubs for me the merrier.

Username: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Slowking
Reason for joining: I think trading is one of the most interesting evolution methods and most make good powerhouses.

Answer to the current topic: To be honest I didn't like trading as an evolution method at first given I had to hoard my brother's DS just to trade my Pokemon to evolve them, but I guess it's all part of Nintendo wanting to make money cos trading encourages more people to complete the Pokedex and the item-based trade evolutions as well as Shelmet/Karrablast were one of the most interesting methods I saw in Pokemon so far. If you get a trade evolution, you feel proud for working that hard to evolve your Pokemon.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Username: Umbr30n
Partner Pokemon: Kingdra
Reason For Joining: Just some of my favourite Pokemon are obtained by Trade Evolution; Such as Kingdra, Porygon-Z, Rhyperior and Electivire! They all are also very strong Pokemon, wielding VERY good Move-Pools. Also Trade Evolution is VERY worth it because it is one of the hardest Evolution Methods to do by yourself (Please note the "Yourself" there).

Do you like trading as a method of evolution? Why or why not?

It has it's pros and cons. Now, it is very worth it and the Pokemon you can get are strong. But, sometimes it can be such a nuisance getting the Pokemon you need as sometimes it evolves by Trade twice, such as Porygon-Z. Also, some Pokemon's Pre-Evolutions are just hard to get, and the fact that you're trading it away to another person is not helpful to having your own one. Also, one kind of Trade Evolution requires two Pokemon that can do Trade Evolutions together or else it won't work.

It's got quite a good concept, but sometimes it's just annoying.

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I feel like joining a club

Username: Wateria
Parter pokemon: Golem
Reason for joining: Trading evolution are the most unique evolution out there in the game.

Do you like trading as a method of evolution ? why? Not not ?

It comes at a cost if you don't have a friend/Wi-fi handy because you have to fork out more money for another DS if you want to use one in battle.

it was a good idea to do this but a bit boring.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Updated, thanks for joining!

And yeah I thought trade was pretty stupid back in the day, since I didn't have anyone to trade with. I'd never have like a Graveler or Machoke on my team because my team wouldn't seem complete unless everyone evolved. But now that things are wireless and I actually can trade with someone, I find it pretty interesting. I'm training Pokemon that I've never had before, which is pretty cool.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Username: Olli97
Partner Pokemon: Alakazam
Reason for joining: Despite it being a group of Pokemon whom I've rarely been able to get my hands on, everytime I have they've always turned out to be good additions to the team, and pretty much always helpful. The only ones I've ever actually used have only been from generation 1 and 2 though, so any of the Pokemon from the later generations I can't say anything for.

Do you like trading as a method of evolution?

No, I don't at all. I always thought it was an annoying way of obtaining the stronger Pokemon, as it required you had people around you with the same generation of games, and some way of trading the Pokemon over. A solution have of course been brought to this in the later generations with the whole wi-fi and GTS thing, but I've never owned any of those games nor a DS myself, so I have yet to experience that. I was able to live with the whole thing during the first two generations, since at that point I kinda had an idea of which Pokemon that needed to go through a trade to evolve, and back then I also had friends following the franchise. But when we reached D/P/Pt it kinda fell through, and most of myr friends stopped playing the games, and with that I didn't get a DS. So yeah. I never really liked this method of evolving Pokemon.

#isthenumbersign
Years
That's exactly why I hated trading all throughout the first 3 generations. The external device requirement was pretty stupid, and not having anyone to trade with made it impossible. :P

Well I guess I'll make a new topic since activity is pretty ghastly in here. ._.

We've seen all sorts of evolution methods, even pertaining to trading (i.e. w/items and trading two pokemon at once). With the coming generations (assuming there are), what sort of innovations would you predict/want out of trade evolutions?

Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2016
Name: MightyHeracross
Pokemon: Scizor
Reason: I wanted to join a club
Current topic: I didn't like how in B/W you had to trade a specific pokemon to evolve another one. Im talking about what ever those 2 bug types are. I HATE them. I think that idea is just stupid. I hope they don't include any more like that. I like where you need to just trade to evolve. Thats cool. I don't really care for trading w/ a certain item, but thats not a problem. I just can't stand the new bugs tho.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
We've seen all sorts of evolution methods, even pertaining to trading (i.e. w/items and trading two pokemon at once). With the coming generations (assuming there are), what sort of innovations would you predict/want out of trade evolutions?

I honestly can't think of anything that could be added to trade evolutions without overcomplicating everything. I mean, trading is generally hard enough if you don't have wi-fi, and the items required for specific trades likewise, and it just feels like a good point to draw the line. I haven't heard of the trading of two specific Pokemon being necessary for some evolutions, so I can't comment on that, but again, I think that may be where the line should be drawn. And really, what else can be added. Specific stats, levels, it all would just seem like too much of a stretch, whereas the creativity can be more rationally implemented to normal evolutions outside of trading, since what could be added there isn't as likely to be a load of trouble as most things that could be added to trade would.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016

Well, right now there probably can't be much more ways for Trade Evolution to occur, counting the HUGE amount of items used, the thing where Pokémon such as Machoke just EVOLVE, and that other thing MightyHeracross mentioned. But, to be honest, the only thing I could predict happening in the Future is just more items becoming required for Trade Evolutions, and maybe, just MAYBE, probably more of those must-do trades to make the Pokémon evolve. But one thing I do not think should come back were the cables, because they were a nuisance. But they should have another Save Slot (Which will make two, and each might have exclusive Pokémon for their Slots) for Pokémon Games so that you can trade the Pokémon to the other Save Slot with ease. Also you don't require two DS/3DS/DSI/Whatever to do it. But then it makes it TOO easy. Sigh. But there is one thing we should all keep in mind; No pain, no gain. Trade Evolutions are very worth it and the Pokémon you could obtain are all very good and can easily take up a spot in your Team. But if you don't try, you're really missing out, on both loads of Pokédex Entries (Catch Information), and a good Pokémon that you are guaranteed to like. But I got to admit, not all Pokémon you can get by this method are good. But it's worth a try, as said before.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Username: imevil
Partner Pokemon: Scizor
Reason for joining: I love trade evolutions, my favorite Pokemon even evolves with one.
Answer to the current topic:
I don't think much can be done to change it, I mean, as of now all you can do is trade, or trade with item. Maybe trade with max happiness or something but I don't think there is much innovation coming. I do love how evolution by trade + item makes new evlutions in future gens possible though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back