• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Definitely Fennekin, it's a beautiful Pokemon and it reminds me of Vulpix. I'm hoping there rumors about it being part Psychic are true too.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
ILOVETHEMALL.
Uh. Well.

Froakie is my least favorite right now but he's already growing on me. I'm definitely going with Fennekin asap though.

Pretty much this.

Fennekin is my favourite (I'm glad. Finally a Fire Starter that I love from first sight. Last time that happened was with Torchic. While watching the announcement I felt neutral towards Chespin and a bit "whut" to Froakie, but now I'm starting to warm up to all 3 of them. Depending on their evolutions, it might a tough starter choice. (Last time that happened was Hoenn as well. |D, last time it happened with all three is Jotho.)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Starters look like their Final Evolutions could be a double triangle.

Chespin uses Solar Beam, then...Night Slash?
Fennekin uses Flamethrower, then... Psybeam?
Froakie uses Water Gun, then... Close Combat?

Grass/Dark
Fire/Psychic
Water/Fighting

Discuss?

I think that there may be some plausibility to this theory. Dark/Psychic/Fighting is more like a forward Triangle. Dark ----> Psychic ----> Fighting but you can't go backwards as you can Grass/Water/Fire to signal a half weakness because Psychic can't effect/attack Dark unless they change this of course.

Anyway, I would love if their final typings were like this makes Chespin even more awesome! Good spotting with the moves because I didn't even notice the second moves.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I LOVE Froakie! Well viewing from the comments, the fox seems the most popular. And the grass starter looks kinda cute. Buuut, tbh the fox doesnt really apeal to me that much.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I'm not gonna comment really much on their design, though I admit their become even more.....cutesy I guess?

I'll pick grass as always, hope to see decent type mix up with that one. My only worry is.....will Game Freak continue to give us Fire/Fighting type? What'll you guys do if this is true?

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Once again, the water type is my least favourite, but I bet it evolves into a BAMF.

I'm gonna go with Chespin or Fennekin I think. It all boils down to how good their evolutions are though.

Years
I'll probably go with Chespin when I get the games.

I like Chespin cos it reminds me of my beloved Oshawott. Finally going to pick Grass after 6 main series Pokemon games!

I went with Fire in Pearl, Platinum and SoulSilver while I picked the Water-type in Ruby, Black and Black 2. But I will finally choose Grass for the first time ever!

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Not sure yet, I'm going to have to see their final forms but to me it looks like a Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting starters, using the second attack shown they used, Chespin seemed to use something like Faint Attack, Fennekin used some kind of Psychic attack and Froakie seemed to use some kind of Fighting attack.

Edit: Seems I was beaten to it, I should've read the entire thing before posting but I tried to get in first.

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Predictable answers all over the place. :( Froakie has the most interesting character design, I think. The grass starter is kind of by the numbers, and the fire fox, well, we already have one of those. I hope it's actually a wolf, because I really don't see why they went there again. Vulpix is still the cuter of the two.

The thing is, the grass and fire starters look like the model Pokemon design, which is why I would expect people to pick them. Froakie has a more cartoon design which is probably more appealing to those who aren't used to seeing the Pokemon house style all the time. We'll see how that plays out, though. I remember when people thought Oshawatt (or however that's spelt) looked bizarre.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Finally! The Fire Type starters restore their glory with another beautiful design >:D
Fennekin looks great! Chespin as well looks good to me. Froakie...well...no comments.

I feel happy I am going back to fire starters as I used to before Black and White's Tepig ruined it T_T

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Actually looking at these again I definitely really like the grass one this time, as opposed to last time when the grass-type was my least favourite. Probably going to stick with the grass type, maaaybe. How crazy!

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
im totally gonna get a 3ds just for this game, fennekin all the way, i have always had the the fire starter, they are just so cute, and their final evolutions are so kickass. Chimchar, Charmanda, Torchic, Cyndaquill,Tepig and now Fennekin, FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
OMG Im in LOVE. All 3 are beautiful! 0_0

Its a hard choice for me. After Water starters for 2 gens I decided to go with Fire or Grass. Since Fennekin is clearly the most popular, I will go with Chespin! Chesnut Chipmunks (I assume that's right) ftw! Looks like a Grass/Fighting type.

Nargle

Totodile Fan Girl
Years
I seem to always pick the grass type starter because I just love them! The only region that I didn't go with a grass type was Jhoto because I absolutely love Totodile! I'm thinking I probably will go with the grass type. I think this is the first time I've never really taken the water type into consideration.

blue

gucci
Years
These are definitely the best group of starters since the Hoenn starters, the only one I'm uncertain about is the Water type but even then, I still think it looks kinda nifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back