• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's the ugliest Pokemon of each gen?

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Gen 1 - I was going to go with Jynx, I have never liked Jynx's design.. never will. But then I glanced over the screen a bit and I just...
Spr_5b_127.png

Sorry, Pinsir...

Gen 2 - This is hard. Real hard. I love almost all of the Johto Pokemon's designs... Hmmm. I guess I never did find anything cute about Granbull.
Spr_5b_210.png

Gen 3 - This wasn't even hard for me. Slaking, definitely.
Spr_5b_289.png

Gen 4 - I'm never going to understand Probopass.
Spr_5b_476.png

Gen 5 - Conkeldurr isn't very pretty either.
Spr_5b_534.png

I won't include Gen 6 yet since we haven't seen all of the Pokemon that will be released yet.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Gen 1 - Jynx

Gen 2 - Wobbuffet

Gen 3 - Grumpig

Gen 4 - Probopass

Gen 5 - Klinkklang

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
For generation one, I'd say it's Muk. It's a huge pile of poisonous sludge that has eyes and a pair of arms. If I met this Pokémon in real life, I would definitely be scared of it. xD" For generation two, it's Magcargo. It's a snail Pokémon. I'm not a big fan of snails. From the third generation, Exploud is the ugliest. It's got big red eyes and a gigantic mouth, which is very scary. From the fourth generation games, it's either Spiritomb or Probopass. It's hard for me to decide one. For generation five, it's Garbodor. Its body is made entirely up of trashes.

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Kanto: Jynx, Magmar, Hypno.

Johto: Forretress. This generation had the least number of ugly pokemon, imo.

Hoenn: Exploud, Huntail, Armaldo.

Sinnoh: Bronzong, Probopass, Wormadam, Gastrodon

Unova: Ferrothorn, Klinklang

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Kanto: Ditto. I just hate that thing. It's a blob with no facial expressions.

Johto: Hoothoot. It looks incredibly ugly with the large eyes and weird eyebrows. It also has one foot.

Hoenn: ughhh I can't hate on this gen but I guess it's Exploud.

Sinnoh: Burmy (trash cloak) all Burmy are useless, but when it's dressed in what describes it, it makes it 2x more uglier.

Unova: Garbodor. It's literally trash.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Gen 5: Conkelderr :( as well as Sawk and Throh. Those are some ugly fighting types!

Gen 4: That fat-cat one :(

Gen 3: Lileep

Gen 2: Wobbuffet

Gen 1: Raticate - the face only a mother could love.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Generation 1: Muk?? Not sure about this one haha.
Generation 2: ... good question?? :|
Generation 3: Sableye is the creepiest, weirdest thing to walk the pokemon planet imo. Also Hariyama.
Generation 4: Purugly. It has ugly in its name c'mon.
Generation 5: Seismitoad it can go over there with Sableye.

I could put more effort and more explanation into these but honestly I'm not in the mood to rn haha.

legendarypokemon

He has multiple Personalities
Years
Gen 1- Gloom- Is an explanation needed?
Gen 2- Hoothoot- Just freaky lookin
Gen 3- Claydol- Fa-reeeaaakky
Gen 4-Lickilicky- Just... No
Gen 5-Emboar- no comment

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Okay waiting for hate on my opinion haha.

Gen 1- Jynx. I was always weirded out by it's face even as kid. Never liked it at all.

Gen 2- A tie between Sunflora and Remoraid. Sunflora's face is freaky some reason and Remoraid is a really ugly fish similar to Magikarp.

Gen 3- Lileep. Cradily isn't much better either.

Gen 4- Purugly- Ugly is even in it's name too. Shot for awful pun.

Gen 5- Either Druddigon , Cryogonal, Vullaby, or Roggenrola's line.

I won't say for Gen 6 until all the new Pokemon are revealed so I can't fully judge.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Gen 1 - I don't know. Maybe Metapod?
Gen 2 - Magcargo. Seriously, it looks like someone took a pile of lava and slapped a round rock and a chicken's head on it. Gross.
Gen 3 - Delcatty. Its design is too freaky for me.
Gen 4 - Bibarel. Purugly may have ugly in its name, but Bibarel... ugh!
Gen 5 - Watchog, Simisear, Simipour, and Garbodor. Can't choose between either, because they're all so damn ugly!
Gen 6 - Chespin. While a mammal grass starter was a nice change, I don't really like Chespin's design. I really don't like seeing it with its mouth open!

Years
Gen 1: Jynx - She is like Nicki Minaj haha
Gen 2: Dunsparce and Smoochum- I just dont like the Jynx lines appearances.
Gen 3: Feebas - Lucky it becomes Milotic
Gen 4: Probopass - It has four heads, really weird
Gen 5: STUNFISK - boy oh boy this thing is ugly *vomits* my least favourite Pokemon I think.

Years
I could've swore I'd already posted in this thread. Oh well.

Gen 1: Tentacruel. I'm sure there are uglier if I really thought about it, but with how much I hate it and it's prevolution, I just can't stand looking at either of them.

Gen 2: Octillery. Just like real life octopi, I don't much care for the way Octillery looks. Plus, it really doesn't help that it evolves from a normal looking fish.

Gen 3: Exploud. I just can't get over the fact that every time I look at it, it looks like it's dislocated its jaw. I also have no clue what the random holes in its body are for.

Gen 4: Probopass. As it Nosepass wasn't bad enough, they had to go ahead and give it a stupid hat, duck head hands, and a big moustache. And it's part Steel type for some reason.

Gen 5: Roggenrola. What are you supposed to be, exactly? All I know is that if you gave me 3 minutes, a pen and some paper, I could make a much more detailed Pokemon than that.

Gen 6: Noivern. It's not awful, but it's the one I like the least out of the Pokemon we've seen thus far. I expect this answer'll change, though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Gen 1:
103.gif
Those faces, oh my god. The rest of the design is okay enough but those faces creep me out. Still a decent Pokémon, but it creeps me out.

Gen 2:
234.gif
It has really strange antlers, and the huge nose of it creeps me out.

Gen 3:
348.gif
I has arms on it's chest. It just looks wrong.

Gen 4:
464f.gif
"Hey guys, let's add random plates to rhydon, give him a bad tan job and make him morbidly obese! It will be great!"

Gen 5:
646-black.gif
/
646-white.gif
"Let's put lots of random stuff on a basic dragon design, then put some wires on it to make it even stupider! That will be awesome!"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Gen I - Geodude. Literally the only Pokémon I find to be ugly.
Gen II - Granbull. That face says it all.
Gen III - Slaking and Exploud are equally as ugly. I don't have anything else to add. It's all pretty obvious.
Gen IV - Purugly. Its name says it all.
Gen V - Garbodor. No explanation necessary.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Generation 1: Jynx. I always hated it, and would save my strongest attacks just for it. As if that wasn't enough, when I heard it in the anime, I just walked away. Couldn't stand it.
Generation 2: Miltank. Wasn't :that: bad until, again, I heard the thing in the anime. Urg.
Generation 3: Ludicolo. Creepy dancing pineapple monkey...thing. It's just not right.
Generation 4: Purugly. Yah, you guys know the pun.
Generation 5: Oh there's so many. Gothitelle I guess. It's a gothemon in an oversized dress. Goody.
Generation 6: Swirlix or Malamar...so far..

Back