• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Metropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Well, it happens. Hope you don't leave it entirely tho...

Now, I present for the first time, the Buttergrove Town Gym. Unfortunately, Vera seems to be missing... And who would that Bug Catcher there be? Is he a part of the storyline? Does he sell candies? Or maybe even drugs?

Anyway, this Gym is the first of the six Gyms in this Region (no name yet). As you can see, it's a little bit small for the GBA versions standards, but I like it that way. More comfy and cool. I also added that "field" to every Gym, just to give the feeling. Of course the fields will vary with the type of Gym. I'll be probably changing the blue field for a green one.

metrogymbv7.png

Hope you enjoy it.

Now, after that, I'd like to announce that I'm currently scripting the Trainer Battle (basically some add-ons to the wild battle I had scripted before). I'll show you a screenshot of how you configure enemy's party:

database1jk8.png

You just add the trainer you want and the Pokémons of it's party. You can configure the level for each Pokémon by changing the variables. Pretty much using RMXP's default features and, as you can see, no scripting required, something I said long time ago.

Well, that's it for today...

~Azura.

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
Well I have to say, its been quite a while since Ive been on PC, and I do remember this game. Looks even better than before. I have some free time opening up if you need an extra programmer. I would love to offer my support for this game.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hmmm... a Pokemon MMORPG? This is very-easily known to me as the greatest idea in the history of Pokemon! XD

This is a wonderful idea, maybe... by some Pokemon genius named Azure? XD
Anyway, this is the greatest Pokemon game I have seen so far, and I hope that it progresses well and the Beta comes out soon, all of us can't wait for it! I will support this game until it comes out. (which will be a long time from now! XD) This game should take a while, seeing as it is a completely new idea, therefore should have to come up with ways to add that originality into it.

Years
Hey, great to see you are still keeping up with Metropolis. The project is looking awesome, as usual. I like the flashback to Red. It's also great to see that you can insert trainer parties without scripts (That must make doing battles a little easier). Anyway, Metro looks great, and if you need any custom tiles, just send me a PM (I doubt you will, though. Still, the opertunity is open)

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Hey guys!

Well, Rm2k3kid's post here isn't thaaaaat coincidence LOL but anyway, I really feel bad when this thread goes like to the second page without any reply on my updates. Bah, putting that aside:

@Zerro: I really appreciate your offer but scripting is going very well and, so far, I was able to take care of everything. Again, thank you for your offer.

@~Manaphy~: thanks, supporting is nice, but posting in the thread to give critics is the best way you can support us (also, you can spread the word lol, I little merchandising...)

@Necrod: MMORPG what? Azure?

@Don Patch: Hey Don! I don't see you around so much, but I do miss your nice replies, with good comments on the updates (yeah, I know I'm talking a little to much of replies...). Custom tiles? Well, now that you mentioned, I had some ideas for a volcano lava tile. If you're interested... =D

Well, updates on the game:

Trainer battle is mostly done. Needs only to refine the AI, based on some information I got from the old CBS thread. I'm unfortunately won't be posting new screenshots today, but we'll have a major new feature (unique for Metropolis) being showcased and new locations and sprites for you, so stay tuned hahah

~Azura (running, and studying; and running to study. Like now.)

*runs*

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
Wow, this is a awesome, awesome game! I'm might wanna start making Pokemon MMORPGs too one day. Thanks ,Azura, you inspired me!

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
THIS IS NOT AN MMORPG. WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GUYS READ THAT?

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
He might have looked at someone else's then thought this was an MMORPG.

Nice Scrennie and Database as well Azura. Keep it up!
btw what is this made in? i forgot to ask before.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
Wow, I haven't looked at this project since I started my Pokemon Starter Kit, and I'm definitely impressed with the progress you've gotten since then. Also, from the pictures I've seen, it looks like you're going with a pretty interesting method for the battle system. Does your battle system work flawlessly yet? I also notice a few other decisions you've gone with such as a custom resolution (I believe). I'm glad to see you're still on this.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
@Necrod: If you could just quote someone who said that or where in the first post you got that idea from... =)

@DeM0nFiRe: thanks, I'm working hard on this for a very long time, and you know that. Well, the battle system works fine, and I've pushed it to the limits, but you never know, right? I can do a full battle (Intro, Fight and End) and experience no unexpected errors (of course there are the ones that I expect to happen due to it being a test phase)... I don't know about custom resolution tho... I'm using the normal GBA ones.

@Speedy Sonic: thanks! It's being done in RMXP using RGSS to make the custom systems...

~Azura.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
@Azura: Well, by custom resolution, I meant other than the default 640x480 that RMXP uses. Hey, I'd like to talk more with you, is it alright if I contact you on MSN?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
No problem! I thought you had me already on your msn, but I think I'm wrong... no problem at all =)

Years
Ok, I'll try. But let's go into more detail. Do you want bubbling lava, flowing lava, or stagnant lava?

And by the way, a little off topic, but I have not been on that often because of academics and other things.

Cherrim

Oh, this looks amazing :D Can't wait for a release! Keep up the great work!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Critiques you want? I gave up on doing that long ago my friend, because most people these days cant handle critiques >>;

What can I say though? Great mapping, unqique concept, but perhaps a better Region Map would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back