• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leafy Forest v2.0 [Grass-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Name: Leety
Password: LEAF STORM!!!! (Serperior's dream world ability gave it a +2 Special attack, woo!)
Partners: Treecko, Leafeon
Topic Answer:
OHMYGODITWASSOHARDTOCHOOSE too many I love! :'D eh, I should probably calm down.
Treecko is one of my favorite non-legendary types of all time really for huge reasons. Where to start, the introduction to Leaf Blade giving grass types more viability throughout the series. The gecko design on the evo line makes me want to squee like a girl, and PMD2 Grovyle is just simply amazing.
Leafeon- being one of my favorite grass types of all time and also my favorite eeveelution Leafeon's design is just stunning for me. It's also quite reliable in battle as well as making a great companion for another Pokemon with it's back up support with moves like a sword dance and baton pass combination

Years
Grass-Types, how often do you use them in the games?
I tend to use them quite a bit in playthroughs, actually. Grass is a really interesting type as it has a lot of weaknesses, but is strong against some very common types. So, I tend to use them in my playthroughs, usually every other time or so that I play the game I'd say. They're very useful, and I feel I don't always use a ton of grass types because a third of the time my starter is grass, so I try to keep my team balanced. I also try to never use the same pokemon twice (except occasionally starters) so if I've used the grass types I like in a game, then I won't use them again/use the ones I don't like as much.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Current topic:

Well, for me? I'm a huge Grass-type user but less in BW. Grass types have helped me a lot so I really love Grass types. I tend to pick the Grass type starter in the games & use them till the end.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ahh, okay! I actually like the Shiny sprite a lot more than the regular. It's going to take some time to find/RNG a shiny Petilil to evolve it to shiny Lilligant. I do agree, it is "stunningly beautifuuuul :D"
i have to agree with u about shiny lilligant :D :D
good luck for ur shiny Petilil!! :) :)

I don't use them all the time but during gameplay's I try to get a hold of one. They are pretty useful in the games :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
username : iceman

partner : snivy & leafeon

password : Leafstorm

Answer : i love grass type pokemon and i love eevee evolves so i choosed leafeon cuz it rocks :P and i love snivy >.<

ゆりあき

"The Nature-Loving Gynoid!"
Years
Name: ゆりあき
Partner Pokemon: Snivy and Virizion
Password: Leaf Storm
Topic Answer: After the release of BW, I've used nothing but Grass-type Pokemon. I even went back to all the older generations and beat those with teams consisting of only Grass-type Pokemon. That was pretty fun so I've decided to do it again, haha. (My goal was to beat every game in every generation with Grass-type Pokemon, but I've sort of lost track of which games I've already beaten...)

I think Grass-types are really interesting; It's not as easy to beat a game with brute force using Grass-types (though it is certainly possible). I tend to use a lot of non-damaging moves when I play with a Grass Monotype team because I feel those types of moves are overlooked/underutilized (at least they were by me). Grass-type Pokemon have some of the best designs, too! It's really hard to choose a favorite...

Years

I use Grass-types a lot, cos they come in handy against all those Trainers that use Water-types. Also, Grass-types are handy for catching Pokemon with cos they can inflict status effects, which is nice.

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
Name: PokemonGiratinaX (aka. PGX)
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Snivy
Password: Turtwig and Snivy, use Leaf Storm!
Topic Answer: I choosed Tutwig and Snivy because Turtwig is so cute and Snivy is cool. Also, I always use the Grass-type Starter in Pokemon Black and Diamond.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Great to see you all join! I'll add you all to the list once I'm not too busy with the whole GT thing, which is mainly why I'm lacking here lmao xD

To answer my own topic, I ALWAYS use them. Alwaysalwaysalways. Chikorita would be my main. In my party I usually have at least two Grass-Type Pokemon in my team and train them very strongly. Usually my grass-types are about 2-3 levels more than my other Pokemon...which is biased lmao.

Name: PokemonGiratinaX (aka. PGX)
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Snivy
Password: Turtwig and Snivy, use Leaf Storm!
Topic Answer: I choosed Tutwig and Snivy because Turtwig is so cute and Snivy is cool. Also, I always use the Grass-type Starter in Pokemon Black and Diamond.

I cannot grant you access to the club because you chose two starters. You must choose ONE starter and ONE other partner Pokemon that's not a starter/evolved starter. Plus, be sure to stick with the current topic!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: Sector Revenge

Partner Pokemon: Yoshi the Bulbasaur & Octavia the Celebi

Password:
Leaf Storm Vine Whip!

Topic Answer:
How often do you use Grass types in the games?
I often used them when I use my Sunny Day team with Ninetales. I like Leafeon & Venusaur a lot with them. I did like to use Virizion & Celebi for fun sometime in-game. Of course, as many Grass type Pokemon there are, I should probably think about creating a mono-type party sometime in the future in B/W2 x) I want to try out Lilligant with a Sunny Day team though but I haven't yet.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome Sector! :D

A Sunny Day team with Lilligant seems splendid, as Lilligant is a flower that likes the sun the most, you can always count on having her on the team. Sounds like a pretty awesome Pokemon to use!

Let's kick off this week with a new topic, yeah? Yay Finally!

What *do* you like about grass-types?

Years
Name : Rambagos
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Ferrothorn
Password: Torterra, used Leaf Storm :D
Topic Answer: Grass-types are naturally green. It was my favorite color. All of grass Pokèmon are strong and amazing. I always put a grass Pokèmon in my party such as when I played Pokèmon Diamond. I choosed Turtwig as my partner. After a whole day playing, I always bring my best Pokèmon. They are Torterra and Roserade. Hemmm.. they really helpfull for taking out another trainer. I have a nice strategy when I was using Grass Pokèmon attacks. First, another Pokèmon set up a sunny day. Then I changed them with Roserade. And blast all of the enemy with Solar Beam. Wow, so powerfull! (WoAo)W

I think thats all. Sorry for messy English xD Please accept me at this club. I'll try to active in this club.
**I love Grass-Pokèmon**
-Rambagos

Years

I personally love all the status moves grass types are able to learn. It's nice to have access to a sleep-inducer or paralyzer for your team, with moves that have pretty good accuracy. I also really enjoy using draining moves, they're super fun ingame for some reason. Plus, grass is just a helpful type offensively to have around, even though they aren't too great defensively (but that's where status moves help out) :D

Years

The things I love about Grass-types are their beautiful designs, the handy status moves they learn (which is handy for catching Pokemon), and the fact there's so many Water, Ground and Rock-types encountered throughout the game which makes having a Grass-type fun to have on your team. Also, while it may not be the best defensive type, all those status moves can help make up for that.

Years

They have some very useful moves that I love to have on my side, like Leech Seed and other status effects such as Stun Spore~! Also, their designs are amazing. They tend to provide a nice challenge in lots of Pokemon games too. <: But overall, grasses have great movepools and are useful for many things, especially status effects!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
What *do* you like about grass types?

So many things I love about these natural creatures ^^. They can inflict several status conditions,like paralysis,poison and sleep. Their moves can be deadly,for example the mighty Leaf Storm :3 and Giga Drain. Stats for them are also high up,with amazing special attack and defense.

There designs are amazing,all of them I've loved :D.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Username: Aryan143
Partner Pokemon: Treecko and Roserade
Topic Answer: I mostly use Grass Type pokemon in the game because they can be very useful. Some people don't consider Grass type pokemon in a team because most of the time, they are weak in most of the gyms. But I always take Grass Type pokemon in my team because of their Status moves.

And a userbar that I made:

aa_zps7ff04dca.png

Years
Partner Pokemon: OMG This was such a hard choice >.<
y guess they would be chikorita & Leavanny
Topic Answer:
I am not really sure why i like grass types but I would have to say It has something the do with my infatuation with the color green I just love it <3<3<3<3<3 & also because i Find grass types to generally have the most eye pleasing design,not to mention I find it always necessary to have a grass type :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to those who joined! I JUST edited the list, so I should have everyone with their Pokemon by now! I am also keeping track of your starter Pokemon in case you pass 10 posts in this club, it'll evolve! :D

Name : Rambagos
Partner Pokemon: Turtwig and Ferrothorn
Password: Torterra, used Leaf Storm :D
Topic Answer: Grass-types are naturally green. It was my favorite color. All of grass Pokèmon are strong and amazing. I always put a grass Pokèmon in my party such as when I played Pokèmon Diamond. I choosed Turtwig as my partner. After a whole day playing, I always bring my best Pokèmon. They are Torterra and Roserade. Hemmm.. they really helpfull for taking out another trainer. I have a nice strategy when I was using Grass Pokèmon attacks. First, another Pokèmon set up a sunny day. Then I changed them with Roserade. And blast all of the enemy with Solar Beam. Wow, so powerfull! (WoAo)W

I think thats all. Sorry for messy English xD Please accept me at this club. I'll try to active in this club.
**I love Grass-Pokèmon**
-Rambagos

Of course I will accept you into this club! No doubt about that! Welcome aboard! It seems that Sunny Day is very helpful to grass-types, especially with the move Solarbeam, even though it is considered a fire-type move, it's a best friend to every grass-type.

Username: Aryan143
Partner Pokemon: Treecko and Roserade
Topic Answer: I mostly use Grass Type pokemon in the game because they can be very useful. Some people don't consider Grass type pokemon in a team because most of the time, they are weak in most of the gyms. But I always take Grass Type pokemon in my team because of their Status moves.

And a userbar that I made:

aa_zps7ff04dca.png

I really appreciate the contribution. One small favor though: can you make it smaller? It's too wide for it to be on signatures. Once you can fix that, I'll add it to the first post.

Partner Pokemon: OMG This was such a hard choice >.<
y guess they would be chikorita & Leavanny
Topic Answer:
I am not really sure why i like grass types but I would have to say It has something the do with my infatuation with the color green I just love it <3<3<3<3<3 & also because i Find grass types to generally have the most eye pleasing design,not to mention I find it always necessary to have a grass type :3

Was it a hard choice that you chose the same Pokemon I did? xD I kid, I kid. Great to see someone else who likes the same Pokemon as I do! I know, I like grass-types too. It was hard to decide what to choose for my partner!

Infatuation with the color green = PRICELESS.

Years
Was it a hard choice that you chose the same Pokemon I did? xD I kid, I kid. Great to see someone else who likes the same Pokemon as I do! I know, I like grass-types too. It was hard to decide what to choose for my partner!

Infatuation with the color green = PRICELESS.
oh it get betters I was born in may so green is my birth-color

well chikorita wasn't that hard as i don't like bulbasaur
treeko is old news
turtwig while being my favorite animal a turtle doesn't appeal to me as much
& snivy was cool at first but now its meh i actually like oshawott more now.

& remember ash's chikorita make me love it even more

as for Leavanny it was sooo hard because i adore ludicolo.
liligant is just amazing
&whimsicott has some kind of mysterious appeal probably because its a better version of the hoppip line which i also like (speaking of which i just now noticed that its hoppip not hoppit XD)

and i cant forget leafeon especially because i have a soft spot for eeveelutions

i ended up choosing Leavanny because i read you post & remembered how amazingly useful it was when i played through my white version (which i cant find DXXX) & its quickly became one of my favorite my favorite looking pokemon not to mention it basic for seewaddle he just melts my heart <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back