• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buizark

Always looking for an OU match
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Would it be possible to create an entirely new move? For example, if I wanted to make a move that increased both defense stats and lowered both attack stats, how would I go about doing this?

FireRed (U) rom. Thanks guys!
Using ASM is the only way.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
ASM, but, I think Lu-Ho might've made a tool for it that he never released here. Google is your friend for looking for that.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2010
Is it possible to completely re-implement HM08 Dive in Pokémon FireRed? I ask this because I plan to feature it heavily in the hack I'm designing.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
How do I move a map into another header/section? I made a new map and accedentally inserted it in the pallet town section. I want to put it under the route 1 section, anyway to do that?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
i have seen in a few hacks (Light Platinum for instance) that some tiles like the mart sign move.
how is this done exactly? i'm using firered.

Check this tutorial. But if you don't have any previous knowledge of ASM, you're likely to be confused.

Is it possible to completely re-implement HM08 Dive in Pokémon FireRed? I ask this because I plan to feature it heavily in the hack I'm designing.

I haven't tried it but I suppose you could take a look at this tutorial and try to either copy R/S/E's script or create one from scratch.

How do I move a map into another header/section? I made a new map and accedentally inserted it in the pallet town section. I want to put it under the route 1 section, anyway to do that?

I can't remember off the top of my head but if you go to Professional Header View in AdvanceMap and study the values in the Map Header box, you'll eventually figure out which value controls what "header/section" a map goes under.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I just finished a special hack. You name your mother instead of your rival. Nothing else but it`s a holiday hack. Where would I post it? It
s 100% finished but not big so I don`t know if it would be okay to post it in the Hacking Showcase.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2010
UnLZ-gba

Hello, I'm sorry if I screwed up anything here with posting I'm new...:/

I had a question with unLZ-gba and inserting trainer sprites.

I have gone through many tutorial threads and tried them all out, however, when I go "in game" to look for the sprite change, it is the normal sprite and not the changed one. Many times, the new sprite will appear in unLZ-gba in the correct spot, but in game it is not changed. This also happens when I try and repoint the data. Even if unLZ.gba says it was successfully repointed, the sprite does not show up in game.

Again, I'm sorry if I posted incorrectly. I'm trying to make a ROM hack for my boyfriend who loves pokemon, and am getting a little nervous that the sprites of his friends don't work :( It's the only thing that is not working in the hack :(

Thank you.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@HeatherLynn: It might be a logical error something. Did you change the trainer sprite of the trainer using a trainer editor of some sort?

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
Ok, So I've just ripped all the Ruby tiles and put them in Firered. The first tileset worked. The second tileset has turned gibberish.
Is there any reason for this?
More importantly, can I fix it without going through and reconstructing every single tile?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Ok, So I've just ripped all the Ruby tiles and put them in Firered. The first tileset worked. The second tileset has turned gibberish.
Is there any reason for this?
More importantly, can I fix it without going through and reconstructing every single tile?

Before I answer this...why are you moving all the Ruby tiles to FR? If you want Ruby tiles, use Ruby! FR's got nothing on Ruby! Ruby's better in almost every way at the base level.

But, uhm, no. Ruby and Fire Red's tileset sizes are different, so the blocks get messed up.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I just finished a special hack. You name your mother instead of your rival. Nothing else but it`s a holiday hack. Where would I post it? It
s 100% finished but not big so I don`t know if it would be okay to post it in the Hacking Showcase.

This thread is your friend ;)

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
Years
Before I answer this...why are you moving all the Ruby tiles to FR? If you want Ruby tiles, use Ruby! FR's got nothing on Ruby! Ruby's better in almost every way at the base level.

But, uhm, no. Ruby and Fire Red's tileset sizes are different, so the blocks get messed up.

Well, I like the Ruby tiles, and Ruby in general, but I want to use the hacked FR engine. (The one with swarms and dynamic levels and such)

So how differently sized is it?

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2010
Thanks for getting back to me! I edited the sprites using Photoshop and then used FreeSpaceFinder to find space when I imported to unLZ-gba

Years
hi my question is ,how do i place pokemon daimond overworlds in pokemon ruby if the sprites to big, and when i resize them, and place them in the do this split copy thing were theres half body parts on the sprite and it shows up like that in the game ?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2012
Hi . I am hacking Emerald. Do you know how I can change the intro before the battles with the elite four (the one with the flash of the player and the opponent, and the word vs.). Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back