• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Where do I actually sign up? read the best way to make a profile, but I don't know where I go to put mine in a reply...
You make a Sign Up in the OOC (or Out of Character) thread of an RP. For instance, say you wanted to sign up for Pokemon Fallout; you would go to the Roleplay Lounge (which can be accessed from the Roleplay Corner) and find the Pokemon Fallout thread there.

After that, you need to look for the Sign-Up sheet and fill it out. The SU sheet usually varies from roleplay from roleplay. Still, before making an SU, be sure to read about the SU itself, so as to make your time in the roleplay more legitimate and to avoid inconsistencies in your SU.

Claws of Darkness

Names ain't matter...
Years
Hey, guys! This is Claws of Darkness, and I'm a new member of Pokecommunity. I'm kinda new in forums, so bit lost here hehe. Anyways, I decided to try out the Roleplay Corner because roleplaying sounds pretty interesting to try out and it'd be a great opportunity to test my writing abilities. :) I'll be glad if there will be people to guide me in this (Yes, I did read the sticky threads and I kinda got the gist out of it), and I look forward to roleplaying with you guys. ;)

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Hey, guys! This is Claws of Darkness, and I'm a new member of Pokecommunity. I'm kinda new in forums, so bit lost here hehe. Anyways, I decided to try out the Roleplay Corner because roleplaying sounds pretty interesting to try out and it'd be a great opportunity to test my writing abilities. :) I'll be glad if there will be people to guide me in this (Yes, I did read the sticky threads and I kinda got the gist out of it), and I look forward to roleplaying with you guys. ;)

Hey dude :) yeah I'm new to roleplaying too, sounds really interesting don't it? It's quite hard to find spots though, so I would suggest lingering around the Roleplay Lounge and reserving a spot in a roleplay as quickly as possible 'cause sign-ups tend to go pretty quick!

I think checking out the stickied threads in this section would definitely help you a lot (especially the rules, click me)! As for what you should include, it's really dependent on the RP you're in. If it's chapter-based, then you would just follow the chapter guidelines of what the GM would want. If it's open-ended I'm not as helpful, but I'd assume you'd be basing off what you wrote previously and what other people in the RP are and go from there. Length-wise it needs to be at least 100 words long (based on the rules of this section!).

Biggest tip I'd give you though is to make sure you're using a spell checker! Grammar and spelling mistakes can make a great post just look...mediocre at best if it's riddled with errors, so always be typing with one in use!

Thanks, the roleplay I'm in is chapter-based so things were pretty straight forward thank god haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

Hey dude :) yeah I'm new to roleplaying too, sounds really interesting don't it? It's quite hard to find spots though, so I would suggest lingering around the Roleplay Lounge and reserving a spot in a roleplay as quickly as possible 'cause sign-ups tend to go pretty quick!

Thanks, the roleplay I'm in is chapter-based so things were pretty straight forward thank god haha
Welcome, both of you! It's always nice to see new faces here. This thread (and the whole section, of course) is filled with people ready to help out. Should you ever have any specific question regarding anything about roleplaying here, feel free to send me a VM or PM about it and I'll gladly help if I can. I've been around for quite some time.

Like Scyke says, some RPs tend to fill up rather quickly. Others don't however and there are many hidden gems that people don't initially think are awesome but end up amazing when the RP kicks off! So try joining several different RPs to try and find your own favorite style and genre.

Years
Everyone, as you may have noticed I have been testing the waters in the RP Corner a lot lately, trying to figure out what kind of RP style suits me the most as a player and as a GM (I currently have two very different active RPs, Reapers: Keepers of the Balance and Pokemon: Journeys through Novia) and I have recently been working on a second journey RP. I figure since I have been asking around for tips and talking to numerous members of PC about this second journey RP that I should say publicly that I am postponing the development of the second journey RP in favour of another original RP (unless comments in here discourage me from this path).

This original RP, the title of which and more information on it I'll give you later, will be a medieval fantasy RP with what I believe is a very unique story line. If you want more information before I give any out on here PM me but this post was mostly to see what the Corner things about this change in plans.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
Underdog RPs are quite amusing to watch, actually! Welcome to the RP Corner too, Claws!

@Gimmiepie, I think I've seen some Medieval RPs here before, but if you say that you have an interesting storyline, I'd like to hear it! I agree that you should delay the journey RP anyway - too many at the moment, in my opinion.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
How does one get their RPs noticed? I've gotten nothing during the past-two days. Do I just gotta be more patient or is it just luck?

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
I think it's a bit of both, really. Sometimes it's all about timing (less people there during your RP), and sometimes it's kinda just luck. Of course, the RP's content and the thread's overall attractiveness are all important.

Years
@Stinkoman - A lot of factors come into it.

Firstly, the quality of the RP (not just in the eyes of the creator but of all potential players). By this I mean, how "attractive" is the OP, how well organised and detailed is the information in it and how well written is it in terms of spelling and grammar.

Second, the uniqueness. I have noticed that more unique RP's usually get more attention but being TOO unique can sometimes backfire and cause a loss of interest. Especially if the RP is too complicated.

Third, how complicated is it. You need an RP complex enough to be engaging but not so complicated that nobody can follow it and that you struggle to GM it. Similarly if an RP is too simple it can be dull and boring. You need to find a balance.

Fourth, story. Is the story behind your RP interesting? Does it catch peoples attention? Kind of tied in with the last two really.

Fifth, People can't help it, they will be more inclined to look at RPs made by GMs they know and love, or at least have seen active in the corner over a good period of time. For newer Rpers you just have to keep at it until something catches on.

Of course, luck probably has a bit to do with it to. A lot of the time the success of an RP will quite possibly have more to do with how good the competition is than how good it is. So if you post at a time full of really good RPs, yours will be less likely to be noticed.

Did I miss anything guys?

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Stink - What I would suggest you do is first off join some rps. Some big ones really like... Pokemon Trainer's Academy. Show off your roleplaying style and get to know some of the other people here. The other rpers will be more inclined to join a rp if

1) They know you
and 2) If they know you can make good posts.

If you interact with others first off and then gain some friends that way then it will be much easier when you set up an rp to attract people. This way they will know what you are capable of whenever you post and feel more comfortable to join your rp rather than go in blind not knowing what you are capable of and being disappointed when you get a GM post out and it does not excel in quality. Make some friends, rp a bit, and then go ahead and plunge into the GM role. I know for myself I had to rp in Pokemon Odyssey for a bit as well as in other rps to show the others what I was able to do and once I got my own rp submitted I found that others were more inclined to join up.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Where do I actually sign up? read the best way to make a profile, but I don't know where I go to put mine in a reply...

Welcome guys, my advice would be to check out the Roleplay Library (link) Red tends to update it rather frequently with the latest threads, otherwise check out Skymin's Check To See If Your RP Has Been Accepted Thread (link) Each time she updates the forum with the accepted RPs she posts which were accepted and declined in this thread; a quick and easy way to see what's new.

Also asking GMs if there is space in their RP for you is a good way to enter an RP that perhaps may have already started.

Years
Is there anyone on here who has a lot of experience in the medieval fantasy genre (in RPs) and in RPing in general who can help me refine my ideas etc.. into a good RP. I have a ways to go on it I think and would appreciate the help.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years
I'll try as hard as I can if we can PM each other about it. However, I'm sure there's someone here that's familiar with Medieval facts and setting.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Soooo, I've decided to create a new Digimon RP, however, I just want to ask, would people prefer digivolutions outside the typical "digivolving with the device" for the digivolution lines, like... Armored Digivolution? Or DNA digivolution? Or Biomerge Digivolution?

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Hmm... any of them would be interesting to me. I think the ideas that can come from that would be fun to see.

Has anybody heard of the anime/manga Zettai Karen Children?

Years
@Doronjo - I'd say go with typical Normal/Armoured w/e kinda way through the various stages and all that. Maybe do it sort of how it was is the second (I think) series where there were several different types possible. Honestly, I might join this just for nostalgia's sake.

@Fuyu - Nope. What is it?

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Zettai Karen Children is this ongoing series about this guy raising incredibly powerful Psychic children to be functioning members of society while changing the future. In the world, Esper (Psychic) children are born or awoken with various powers, the range reaching all the way to level 7, which is immeasurable. Esper treatments vary from really kind, to spoiling, to being normal, to like they're the monsters of the earth, depending on what group we're talking about.

I was considering making an RP on it. Of course there would be more detail than that basic summary but still. xD

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Honestly I didn't look at Atlantis so I can't be sure. It might be though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back