• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dream Job

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If money was not an obstacle and you had the ability to do whatever you want because of this financial freedom, what would your dream job be? Feel free to think outside the box to something unconventional. That's what I want you to do. And toss the silly education system out the door...if you want, anyway. Remember, money is not an option. Dreams and passion are your fuel. This isn't meant to be like the thread about what you will be when you grow up. It's what you'd want to be if the circumstances were right.

I would be a video game historian and I'd work on have a video game museum. Apparently there is a Smithsonian video game museum in DC, but hell, no one took me there when I went last summer, so I'd make one even better than that'n. Guess I'd have to go eventually to compare, but...lol.

Edit: When I say "money isn't an obstacle" I mean that in the sense that it doesn't matter the cost of what you want to do, just do it. Not "here's free money, do nothing" cause the kind of defeats the purpose of the topic.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'd be an indie game programmer, which just so happens to be what I'm doing irl! :D

I guess if I had all the money in the world, I'd use it to start my own studio, rather than go indie, and focus on making games exactly how I want, and not worry about sales or any of that. (Not that I really plan to anyway. lol) That's not really a "Job" per se though, so I don't know if that really counts. lol

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
An worldwide renowned action movie star who does his own stunts! >=D

I mean.. I got the qualifications for it.. I can be the next David Belle. I'm very good at parkour and also very good at martial arts :D

Oh, how I wish these talents of mines could help me in my current life..

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Without a doubt, I'd be an author, preferably a teen fiction writer. It's more of a goal than a dream, I know I'm going to be an author one day. ;w;

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Space transport pilot, assuming any such vehicles would be manned. Our civilisation will have to progress a few hundred more years before that sort of job really shows up, but there is already at least one private enterprise concerned with the matter.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Either work for Game Freak and help make the Pokemon games or do something involving helping animals.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
If I had the size and talent I would love to be a professional athlete. Get payed millions to play a kid's game, but they got to be dedicated, which is something I'm willing to do but sadly only got into playing sports like 3 years ago. :/

Otherwise working for the government has always been interesting to me.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
A gentlemen horse/hunting club owner in Germany. A sophisticated club with its own hunting grounds/riding grounds. :D
...actualy...what I realy want is to be a traveler. Just wander around with my few hunting dogs. With few suplies and medicine. And you know. Just survive. After a while I could return to the comfort of my home. And then Ill be off for couplle of weeks again. ::D
If that starts to bore me then I would be an artist. Propably making surrealist paintings. Maybe even drawing some action manga as a hobby. XD makes no sense right?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Author will always be my answer to this question, but to add some other lesser alternatives into the mix, if money were absolutely no object I think I'd like to work in a cinema or a bookstore. I love spending my off-time in places like that so to be in that environment for a living would be really cool!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Some form of dictator. Any other position, even one of importance, I'd still feel controlled... therefore, not ideal.

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
when i was young i used to wish for one thing....having lots of money to open a big shop and let the hungry people eat even if they don't have money!!...i didn't know that having money is the problem lol but i still wish i can do that!

I love designing in general ..Clothes,Graphics..i find it creative to design something you made by your own...my dream work is either to be a graphic or fashion designer that with my bakery shop there then i own the world :3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
An average shop owner who sells daily nessecities, nothing too special.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I wouldn't be anything. The only reason I would get a job would be because I would need to support myself, and since money isn't an obstacle, I wouldn't need to get a job. I'd spend my time traveling the world and living in the lap of luxury.

Back