• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
in the final version gible location was fixed ? i remember pokedex shows hes location at this dragon mountain (i dont remember name) but he wasnt there , indeed there was no pokemons in this location

i tryied edit in advance map but file is protected ;/

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
in the final version gible location was fixed ? i remember pokedex shows hes location at this dragon mountain (i dont remember name) but he wasnt there , indeed there was no pokemons in this location

i tryied edit in advance map but file is protected ;/
Gible is put somewhere else as the Mt. Shuem has wrong behavior byte which does not allow Pokemon to be found.

Years
Well, If you have a Android phone, there is a Emulator for gba called my boy. It allows you to do so much. One of the things is allowing you to trade over wifi or bluetooth.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Gible is put somewhere else as the Mt. Shuem has wrong behavior byte which does not allow Pokemon to be found.

Actually, I think I fixed this?

And also put Gible somewhere else?

*scratches head* it's been a while but there are patch notes in the links in my sig... ^.^;

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
Well, If you have a Android phone, there is a Emulator for gba called my boy. It allows you to do so much. One of the things is allowing you to trade over wifi or bluetooth.

Exactly, that's what we use. But, in order to do it, we need some sort of script and such to start it. I'm gonna spend my next day off trying to add a house somewhere for it. If it works, cool. If not, well, I will have learned a bit about rom hacking =)

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
hey man, I really want to play this Hack, is there a .gba rom avaliable?

I want to play it on my android device using GAMEBOID.

Thanks a lot!

edit: tried patching, used the 1.0 original rom, like explained on the website, but I got the white screen =/

Last edited:

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Thanks a lot!
edit: tried patching, used the 1.0 original rom, like explained on the website, but I got the white screen =/
See dude we have got gba version n which I use is New_Pokemon_-_Light_Platinum_Eng-spaces_(1)
Try searching this on google n u will get the 16mb rom.

Years
Use My Boy emulator! So far it has patch all the games I have played on here, allows you to edit the controls, Ffwrd screen shot and allows you to trade pokemon using wifi or blue tooth. It has many features. Don't use Gameboid

Years

Thanks a lot!

PM me I will help you there as it is against the rules here

I'm going to ask a really dumb question, and ask how you save the game?
If you are playing this hack on VBA then you have two ways of saving this game. One is the in game save from the menu and the other is the save states option VBA offers. Hit Ctrl +S each time you want to save. Also don't forget to change your save settings to Flash 128 Kbytes in VBA menu

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
See dude we have got gba version n which I use is New_Pokemon_-_Light_Platinum_Eng-spaces_(1)
Try searching this on google n u will get the 16mb rom.
Yeah... support the wrong way... and a way which is forbidden here...
Why don't you at least direct those people to FAQ so they can LEARN how to patch so they will now how to use hacks next time.

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Yeah... support the wrong way... and a way which is forbidden here...
Why don't you at least direct those people to FAQ so they can LEARN how to patch so they will now how to use hacks next time.
Ok m sorry dude.
Actually I didn't know the rules and regulations over here.
So this won't happen again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2014
Anyone able to help me out? I played this ages ago, it was the full version and everything but I had to do some tinkering to get it to finally work on GPSPhone (gba emulator for ios devices). It was flawless and I did no actual editing to the rom, just had to make a save file in an emulator on my laptop and copy both files over to the rom directory on the iPhone I used.

Sadly the emulator just uses save states so I cannot edit my save to continue, my problem is the 7th Gym leader is no where to be found, he was supposed to be in the lab/power plant (I can't remember exactly) but he isnt and this means I cannot continue, any ideas?

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2015
I now have immense respect for any and all rom hackers. I have succeeded in adding a location for initiating trade and battles, and even scripted the 3 characters that are usually on the second floor of the pokecenter. Still need to create the 3 rooms that those things take place at and such...and then test, test, test. Not sure if I am going to continue. At this point, we (my gf and I) think we can have fun just playing, and not battling or trading on another....

tvoza2

Armored Skarmory
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 1, 2019
a friend of mine would like to try this game, but he uses an iphone emulator to play it. is there a chance you can add anoither download to the weleyfg site for a .zip file format? the iphone emulator doesn't accept .rar files

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
thx, i got the game going. im looking forward to finding amazing stuff like in the previous version

Back