• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Just play thru the game then you will get the running shoes..i think you can get it after two towns..

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
For some reason I can't get it to work (I just get a solid white screen). Is there a specific ROM/Emulator that I need to use?

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
Hey, first post here. Love this hack, great stuff. Quick question, where do I go after I've beaten the fire gym leader in the Lauren League? I can't go past Team Steam in Meridian City. I tried dig by the hole, but that doesn't work. I've got the complete version (supposedly), and I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Because im running it on my cell phone.
Anyway is it possible to get them or not?
Well yes... I'm not exactly sure when but yes, you will get it.

Isnt it only quicker if you are using vba?
Well of course... hacks are supposed to be played on VBA...

Hey, first post here. Love this hack, great stuff. Quick question, where do I go after I've beaten the fire gym leader in the Lauren League? I can't go past Team Steam in Meridian City. I tried dig by the hole, but that doesn't work. I've got the complete version (supposedly), and I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dig thing must work... you must have missed something...
Try to check Wes' website.

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
Already got the shoes, tjanks for the info guys.
Know im curious about something else, do we get any lucky eggs on this game? They are very useful for training.

Years
Already got the shoes, tjanks for the info guys.
Know im curious about something else, do we get any lucky eggs on this game? They are very useful for training.

Yes, I even got two. I don't remember where I got them, but just play the game and you'll find them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
hey guys i need help. i downloaded the light_platinum_english.rar from here i patched in ruby version (u) (v1.0) and i get a white screen(joking).the problem is that when i start a new game some things are in Spanish and some in english is as it should be

Last edited:

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
hey guys i need help. i downloaded the light_platinum_english.rar from here i patched in ruby version (u) (v1.0) and i get a white screen(joking).the problem is that when i start a new game some things are in Spanish and some in english is as it should be

Its not spanish, it is portuguese and its just some stuff that the translator forgot, mainly the poke center dialogue and some other minor stuff.
Keep playing and it will not make a lot of difference.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
Its not spanish, it is portuguese and its just some stuff that the translator forgot, mainly the poke center dialogue and some other minor stuff.
Keep playing and it will not make a lot of difference.

minor? for me half the introduction for me is in portuguese

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
I have tried everything. I changed the save type, I changed the clock, I got the (U)v1.0 ROM and I did the thing with the Header Tool. It still doesn't work. What am I not doing right?

Years
So hey, just for my own personal playing I was messing around and I found a way to if you wanted to, have the pokemon between Celebi and Treecko in the game data able to be caught. Apparently if when using the GBA Game Editing Program use the Pokedex location editor and place all of them instead of from 387+ all to 0 for both national and local dex, you can trick the game into thinking when in the dex that they're all missingno and they'll no longer crash the game if you catch them when you didn't already have them.

Back