• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Impassible Grass

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Hopefully this is the right place, I don't see a General Q&A anywhere.

I've been working on a tileset but I ran into a pretty annoying problem. Basically you can't walk over the grass tiles I added (I've checked all the categories of permissions, they're good to go). It's weird, a couple of spots I "can" walk through, but then I just get stuck on more of them. Here's the tileset I'm using (Again, it's just the basic permissions, they should work fine for a regular grass tile), the grass is at the bottom:

http://i2.minus.com/iRS0I5zZr15cQ.png

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Have you checked the layers above the one where the grass is on? Maybe they're filled with transparent tiles with the wrong permissions.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Yeah they're clear. See I have tons of the tree tiles (With the same permissions as the grass currently, I haven't gotten to changing them) which I can walk on just fine. Then I go to the grass and it's like "nope".

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen today
Are you sure that you checked permissions (four arrows) and invisible tiles in other layers? Did you cheked in the right tileset? Besides this, I can only think that you set the grass as long grass (some terrain numbers can only be seen in the Essentials Editor) and trying to pass with bicycle.

BlazingLink

Sergeant Serious
Years
"Walking on trees"? You mean like with the top of the tree covering the character, right? Hmm, if it's a big deal, you could always re-create the tileset, and set permissions again.

Sort of the game developer answer to the "shut it off and turn it back on."

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
If you previously used a different tileset, or was just unlucky when mapping, you may have accidentally filled another layer on top of the grass with "unpassable empty tiles". Try remaking the map from scratch, or using the proper "empty tile" in the topleft corner to refill the "empty areas" on the higher layers.

That's all I can think of.

Riansky

Purr
Years
I tried the tileset by myself and It works alright. Can't understand what your problem would be really. And just a friendly advice, resize your tiles as they will look really small in the game compared to overworlds.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Try filling in every supposedly blank tile on each layer with an actual visible tile. Then fill them all in with the top-left blank tile. This helps to make sure that your map is made correctly.

The [X] tiles I put in the tilesets that come with Essentials are very useful for this.

Back