• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you eat meat?

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
I am a full fledge carnivore. I am a cow's worse friend. However, I will never EVER eat Veal. I saw how they mass produce young cows and it is disgusting. Yet I don't mind eating mature meat from a cow that has lived for more then 3 days.

I also love grains and dairies. Yet I rarely eat vegetables and never eat fruit. You won't catch me munching on a sald. I hate salads.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have no problem with eating meat cause I see it as something we eat naturally. Plus meat is something I can't see myself not eating. Most types of meat, I'll eat; mostly beef, pork , steak and poultry. As long as it's well cooked cause I can't stand really raw and barely cooked meat. However , due to my religion, I'm not supposed to eat all kinds of meat except fish during the period of Lent. I don't mind going 40 days without most meat though, it's not like I die or go crazy without it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I do and always have. I really can't imagine being able not to eat meat, it's just something I've always eaten. Its so good :3

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I do like eating meat, my favourite being chicken and duck. However, I'm trying to cut down on it considering how unhealthy it is for it to dominate your diet.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
of course i eat meat. you have to be silly not too.
its been proven that we are omnivores. we have canines, and grinding teeth. we are meant to eat meat people.
WAKE UP.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I eat meat alright. Pork, chicken, duck, turkey, beef, I don't really care as long as my teeth is stuck down on some good, juicy animal flesh. Hell, if it was healthy I would probably be a carnivore.

That sounded a lot more gross and obnoxious than I intended lol

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I do eat meat, my father hunts so we're forced to try every animal he kills. Chicken is probably my favorite though, deer or bear is a little icky to me.

Years
I eat meat, and I feel there are a lot of dishes that are not complete without it really. Honestly, if I had never had meat in my life then I could probably manage being a vegetarian but I have always had meat in my diet and as a result it probably always will be.

I guess I'm kind of hypocritical, since I could never kill and eat an animal unless I had no choice (I don't even fish), but really it makes little sense to me to be a vegetarian or vegan. Every living thing on this Earth, bar plants, eats other living things to sustain itself. Even naturally herbivorous animals or vegetarians are eating something that is/was alive when they chew up a field or tuck in to a salad.

Although, on that note about me being hypocritical, I sort of feel that if you go out and kill your own food then the animals slaughtered to be put on our shelves have died in vain... that being said I also think that if you go out and kill an animal it should only be for the intention of eating it and not for sport.

I may have strayed a little from the topic there, sorry xD

Honest

Hi!
Years
Honestly, while I respect vegetarians and vegans, I don't ever see myself being able to survive as one. I need mah chicken. :3

But yeah, I love meat. Tastes good all the time. I don't eat red meat that often, though, I'll admit.

Great, now I'm hungry.

Years
I do! Generally I'm not that big of a meat fan, though, so it isn't often, but I still do. The taste and texture isn't to my liking most of the time. ;(

Years
I don't. I am a vegetarian. Have been for years.

I chose it because of the environmental impacts that raising animals for food has, because I don't like to see needless suffering, and because I didn't care for much meat in the first place.

It's a very normal thing for me. No one I know personally thinks anything weird about it. I'm healthy (with my diet anyway - I should get more exercise though) since I get plenty of protein through nuts, beans, grains, etc. Yeah, guess that's all I have to say at the moment.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Ahhhh!!! I love meat XD

Don't really see how you could live without eating it... but I respect everyones views and religions :3
Favorite type of meat... Oh geez i love steak so i'd say beef? Meat from cows... T.T so good

I also love venison, and after hunting a deer i feel like it's kinda satisfying to eat your kill. Call me a savage all you like >_> I live in Georgia and if you live here and dont hunt/fish youre weird~

Altair1

Willpower
Years
The only meat I eat is fish, it has protein and omega fatty acids and is lighter on the stomach (easier to digest) than chicken or beef. So, I decided to cut chicken and beef out of my diet, the only foods that can be in my diet have to be light, natural and fresh.

I really did like to eat chicken and beef, but I've learned a lot recently about how a diet can affect someones health in the long run. There's so much more to it than you can imagine... (I'm a bit of a health freak haha).

Sirfetch’d

I've attempted to stop eating meat 2 or 3 times for personal reasons however meat is simply...too amazing. I love it and never see myself giving it up.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Duh I eat meat. Who doesn't love to ram their fork into a big, juicy, sizzling hunk of steak? Don't even say that you don't love it, 'cuz guess what?

YOU DO.

But really, meat is good. If you don't eat it, that's fine though. To each their own. You're missing out though js

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I eat meat, but I'm not like, over-the-top crazy lol I can eat a vegetarian sub or a salad. That's fine lol I can go days without eating meat (for whatever reason) and no bigs from me.

I prefer tender sheep and grilled chicken. Beef is good, too, on hamburgers. Liver is pretty good, too, as is properly cooked, warm sheep brain. Won't eat that too often, though, or too much because I like the taste but my psychology tricks me into thinking it's gross lol and that sometimes is more powerful than the fact my taste buds rejoice.

I love Grilled Chicken Fiesta McWarps from Macdonald's. At half the sauce, it's only about 390 calories lol Maybe even less. It's 420 with full sauce, and sauce tends to have a lot of calories in it so... :v

Not a fan of pork, though. I didn't eat it for three years for religious reasons. I eat it now off and on, mostly on BLTs from Subway because it's low in calories in comparison to some of their other subs...

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I have a weird relationship with meat. I can honestly say it isn't my favorite thing. I don't really like chicken, turkey or pork. Ive tried a few game meats( duck, quail, venison) and honestly they were not good and lacked flavor. I find meat pretty annoying to chew and it dosen't really taste that good. I also can't handle a lot at a time nor do I really want to eat a lot of it. I fill up on side dishes, I like those. I also really like seafood and could probably give up all other meats and just eat that. Ground meats like hamburgers are ok( in genaral I'm ok with a bit of beef, lamb, chicken and turkey(iffy) and I don't like pork much except for sausage and bacon, but again, not really my favorite, I just really don't like meat much and I really think that's ok, to each their own. I really don't care if people think I'm weird because of that. Other foods are yummy too and I seriously don't see why meat has to be an entree anyway, why can't veggies/vegetarian food be?

My favorite chinese food is a vegan Ma Po tofu and it really is yummy I want some now. Its one of my favorite foods in general, no meat required. I think I could live without meat with some effort and being able to afford the proper foods so I get all the protein I need. Also Chipotle makes these really good vegetarian burrito bowls I like.

I did try being vegetarian once and it lasted for a good couple months, though i don't really think I did it the right way and started living off eggs, cheese and peanut butter, which I don't really think is how you're supposed to do the vegetarian thing, I eventually got weak and caved. Now though as a result, I'm eating less meat, I eat only small portions cause sometimes my stomach doesn't handle it that well( when I first ate meat after that vegetarian thing I thought I was going to get sick) I could try being vegetarian again and might do so when I move out, or else just eat mainly vegetarian food and not eat meat everyday because honestly I just don't feel like it and don't really want to go through the hassle of making sure it's cooked through. I respect that it's other people's choice to eat what they want and I want other people to respect my choices.

Last edited:

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I eat meat, but I've been thinking...I don't know, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to change. Or at least eat less meat. Maybe it's my inner animal protector.

I don't eat meat everyday, but I'm trying to eat more veggies and fish. Going good.

Back