• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina?

• Dialga

Votes: 37 33.3%
  • Palkia

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Giratina

Votes: 51 45.9%

• Total voters

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Hey guys! As we know there were many legandaries in 4th gen, but the main ones were Palkia, Dialga, and Girantina. Which one do you like more?

Discuss and don't forget to vote! :3

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I didn't like these legendaries very much, but I would say Dialga, only because I like the color blue.

Years
I looooove dialga. first chose diamond over pearl cause my mate had pearl, and I wanted diamond because blue is my favourite colour, and I was still at the age that pink was a girl colour. and dialgia was always just so cool.
just sucks that palkia has a bit of an advantage, and its signature move doesn't need recharging

Years
I don't like the designs of any of them, but I voted Palkia. Partly because I knew it would have the fewest votes, partly because I had Pearl first and partly because it kicked the most arse when I used them.

Years
I love Giratina, the look everything reminds me of a serpent of the galaxy he personally set a bit of a standard because Giratina is a bit of a difference than some other flyers such as ho-oh, ect and i love Giratina's coloring! c:

Sirfetch’d

While I am not a huge fan of either of these in terms of design, I will go with Palkia. It is the best looking of the three and has a massive Special Attack stat that can really do some damage.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
DIALGA YEAH

Mainly because I'm not a big fan of the other two. Giratina slightly creeps me out if you consider the fact that it looks like a soul-eating monster from god knows what who's coming to haunt your dreams. It just scares me to be honest. And the fact that it needs an item outside of the Distortion World to keep its badass appearance is rather disappointing. I prefer its Origin Forme by far, its Alternate one just looks out of place and awkward. Palkia is overall okay but I don't see the appeal in it. Controlling space is pretty cool but then you've got this blue thing called Dialga walking in and stealing the spotlight. Being able to control time is a feat beyond any Pokemon's capabilities and time itself is the most valuable thing in existence. Being able to control that is pretty badass. Plus its signature move just reminds me of Narnia, so go figure. :o

Years
Dialga for sure, mainly because I love its color and I played Diamond before Pearl. While Palkia is my fave type (Water) the reason I loved Dialga is because that blue color looks so awesome on it plus its Roar of Time is one very badass attack!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Girantina for sure! I found its design the most sleek and its back story intriguing. The main reason for its +1 on the other two is probably also because it has its own world. Pretty cool if you ask me. Although, I didn't warm up to its Diamond/Peal forme; its Platinum forme was a whooole other story however, haha.

Last edited:
Years
I liked Giratina the most because I thought it had a better design, cooler typing, and a better motif, being based on like, the netherworld, alternate dimensions, etc.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Giratina Definitely Giratina..Its My second Favorite pokemon

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Diagla

I bought Pokemon Diamond originally. And i just thought it looked so cool. And i like how it controls space, Or time. Maybe space time. Im really not sure.

Giratina is cool also but never stood out as much as Diagla.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
Aesthetically I've always been more appealed to Dialga. And I used it on my team after catching it in my Diamond version up through the first time I beat Cynthia.

But my vote actually goes to Giratina. I worked really, really hard to catch mine and it was a solid member of my team for a very long time in Diamond. I'm definitely more attached to it than I ever got to Dialga.

Years
Not only did Giratina have one of my favorite typings in Ghost/Dragon, but it had its very own world- arguably one of the most interesting places in any of the Pokemon games. I also much preferred Giratina's Origin Forme design to that of either Dialga or Palkia's (though I was only lukewarm about the Altered Forme).

Back