• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Splash* the Magikarp and Gyarados club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Welcome to Splash, the Magikarp and Gyarados fan club! I hope you all have fun here. In this club, we will have quizzes, competitions, weekly topics and more! It is all about Magikarp and Gyarados.

Rules

1. Follow the main pokecmmunity rules
2. Follow the club section rules
3. Have fun

Sign-up Form

Username : docowocool
Partner Pokemon (must be Magkarp or Gyarados, nickname, gender and level) : Maggie the Magikarp, level 100, female.
Why I want to join : I love Magikarp! They are the most amazing pokemon ever, and are capable of taking out Red (believe me, I did it!). I also like Gyarados, since it learns Dragon type moves, is strong, and evolves from Magikarp.
Current Topic Answer : Pokemon Diamond, just after getting the Old Rod. It was level nine, the rest of my pokemon level eight! Yes I have used Magikarp as part of my main team, in fat, I took down Red with just Magikarp! Interestingly enough, the only Gyarados that I've ever used is the red one from the lake of rage, as an HM slave

Current Topic of Discussion

Which game did you first get Magikarp, where, and what level? Have you ever used Magikarp or Gyarados as part of your main team? (don't worry if you can't remember some of these). Our question is one of our activities here, and is also needed for sign up.

Quiz

Here is a Magikarp quiz for you.
Q1. Which five moves has Magikarp ever learnt?
Q2. At what level does Magikarp evolve into Gyarados?
Q3. In which game did the male Magikarp have a slightly bigger band round it's head?
Q4. At what level does Magikrp learn flail?
Q5. Which regional pokedex does Magikarp NOT feature in?

Get all five right, and win 5 points!

Points System

This is the points sytem here. You gain 10 points for joining, five for every topic answered, bonus ones when said, and one for each post. With amounts of points, you can buy different positions, sprites (when I have them), and items/ moves for your parner/given pokemon. Here is the points shop.
Tackler:25 points
Flailer:50 points
Magikarp Tribe Leader: 100 points
Gyarados: 250 points
Magikarp(battle system) : 100 points
Splash : 10 points
Tackle : 25 points
Flail : 50 points
Gyarados (battle system) 250 points
Bite : 50 points
dragon rage : 100 points
Surf :250 points

Tell me if you want to buy something, I shall reduce it from your account.
docowocool : 31 points
krazzikk : 3 points

Battles System

This is our imaginary battles system. You start off with a level five Magikarp, that knows Splash, you must challenge other members to battles, and command your Magikarp. I shall decide when they level up, and how much damage each attack does. You can buy new attacks in the shop. Your partner also only knows Splash and tackle, but may only challenge pokemon level 75 or above. You may challenge one wild pokemon, or trainer, per day. Today's wild pokemon is a level 3 Sentret. The Sentret know scratch. Scratch does three damage each turn. Tackle does your pokemon's level. Flail does that amount twice.Bite three time, dragon rage four, and surf five times your pokemon's level. When defeated, Sentret gives 32 exp. to each of your pokemon.

docowocool : Maggie the Magikarp lvl100 health 298 , Magikarp lvl6, 18 HP, exp. needed to next level 29
krazzikk : Seiryu the Gyarados lvl100 health 321 , Magikarp lvl5, 15HP, exp. needed to next level 26

You gain 5 points for each battle you win.

Member List

The member list is sorted into ranks, with Gyarados King is highest, then Gyarados, Magikarp Tribe Leader, Flailer, Tackler and lastly splasher. You ascend the rank ladder by spending points.

Gyarados KIng : docowocool
Gyarados :
Magikarp Tribe Leaders :
Flailers :
Tacklers :
Splashers : krazzikk

If anyone wants to find some sprites for the ranks, you get three points per helpful thing like this, plus your standard post point.

Also, if you have any suggestions, banners, or anything useful for the club, please show us! Feel free to add an unofficial topic question as well!

I hope you have fun, and join soon!​

Last edited:
Years
Username : Krazzikk
Partner Pokemon: Seiryu, the Gyarados, level 100, Female
Why I want to join : He is a very unique Pokemon that is very under rated making him one of my favorite Pokemon (I would rate him 5 or 6 of my top 10)

Which game did you first get Magikarp, where, and what level?
My first Magikarp was from Emerald because that was the first Pokemon game I played. I'm pretty sure I bought it from some guy like you can do in most of the games but I don't remember what level he was.

Years
Hey Krazzikk,welcome to the club!
Was it the Magikarp salesman then? Strange, Hoenn is the region I least play... Can you get wild Magikarp there? I'm adding you to the user list now. Next tim I pick up Black, I'm gonna pay the Magikarp salesman a visit!

Years
Honestly, I didn't know you could get a wile Magikarp in any of the games. So yeah I got it from the Magikarp salesman. Maybe we can do a Emerald play through together sometime ^.^

Years
WHAT? You didn't know you could get wild Magikarp? Fish anywhere,and you'll get one, apart from Unova, where you need national dex, and have to buy it. It's really common! Yeah, an Emarald playthrough sounds fun! I've got the rom of it, but not bothed to play much, only one gym badge. I'm to busy doing Conquest. Anyways, just fish, you'll find one. XD

Random Magikarp fact of the day
In Diamond, Pearl ad Platinum, a German Magikarp could be recieved in a trade, if you gave a Finneon.

Random Gyarados fact of the day
In Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heartgold and Soulsilver, a shiny red Gyaradoscould be caugh at level thirty on the Lake of Rage.

Here is my quiz results
Spoiler:

Just a reminder, put your quiz results in a spoiler!

Here is my battle, also an example, but stil part of it.
Saw wild Sentret lvl3. Sent out Maggie the lvl100 Magikarp, knows splash and tackle. Sentret used scratch. Three damage to Maggie. Maggie used tackle. 500 damage to Sentret. Magikarp lvl5 gained 32 exp. Magikarp levelled up to level 6.

Last edited:
Years
My quiz results, I wonder how many I got right ^.^
Spoiler:

Years
Thanks for doing the quiz Krazzikk! You recieved 3/5. You got
Spoiler:

Of course, I obtained these facts via Bulbapedia, so I am not sure the are correct, but it is pretty likely. Krazzikk has four (since they pointed outan error) points added to their account.

Last edited:
Years
Q2. wrong, the answer was fifteen

Of course, I obtained these facts via Bulbapedia, so I am not sure the are correct, but it is pretty likely. Krazzikk has two points added to their account.

O_o no bulbapedia says 20, get a reliable source plz
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magikarp_(Pokémon)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gyarados_(Pokémon)#Evolution
I checked from both the Gyarados and Magikarp page and they both say 20 so I would like a explanation this is interesting =P (I am not accusing you of anything ;-)

Years
LOL, whoops, probably because it's late at night... sorry, you got three of five, I'll edit that for you.

Just had a daydream of Magikarp singing I'm afraid of Americans by David Bowie.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks to Krazzikk for this awesome Magikarp picture. As well as the standard point, they also get three bonus points.

Krazzikk's request of the move tackle for Magikarp has been granted. Krazzikk's points balance is now 1. Tackle will do five damage. Todays wild pokemon is Sentret lvl3 with 14 HP. Senterts scratch does three damage. Your Magikarp has 15HP

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Just for your information guys, a lot of the posts in here are pretty much spam, and has little to do with the topic of the club. Your little roleplay isn't really allowed, since there's already a section for that, so we can't bring it here, as well as there isn't really much to it. Try to keep the clubs more aimed at discussion rather than simple chit-chat, otherwise try to throw something of content into the chat. I'll throw a topic in just to get you on the right way.

Have you ever used Magikarp or Gyarados as past of your main team?

Years
Yes I have used Magikarp and Gyarados as part of my main team, in fact, I took down Red with just Agikarp! Interestingly enough, the only Gyarados I've ever used is the red one from the Ake of Rage, as an HM slave!

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Please may I join?

Username: docowocool
Partner pokemon : Carrot the Magikarp lvl100
Why I want to join : Magikarp are amazing! I love Magikarp!
Current topic answer : Fishing somehwhere in Diamond, level 21. I often use Magikarp or Gyarados as part of my main team, mainly in big battles.

I hope you accept soon!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Club is being closed due to passing one month of activity, as well as the owner being inactive.

~Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back