• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2012
I've checked the FAQ, but there doesn't seem to be an answer for this.
First round of a double battle, and both of your pokemon faint. What do you do?
I can't seem to get out of the selecting a pokemon stage.
Many thanks for any and all help.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've checked the FAQ, but there doesn't seem to be an answer for this.
First round of a double battle, and both of your pokemon faint. What do you do?
I can't seem to get out of the selecting a pokemon stage.
Many thanks for any and all help.

Select the first Pokémon you want to switch, then after that click on the first fainted Pokémon. They should switch places. Then you should be able to select the second and continue.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
Is there any way to make money other than fighting trainers? If not is there an infinite number of trainer later on?

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
Is there any way to make money other than fighting trainers? If not is there an infinite number of trainer later on?

Yes, and it's very useful!
Go to "Marvelous Bridge" between Nimbassa City and Black City/White Forest and collect wings!

When you sell any wing you gain $1500 but when you sell Pretty Wing you gain $150!
i gained $60000 in one round..

When you found flying bird sound and black hole go to it..
40% chance to be a Wild Swanna

... :)

Years

You can also sell Everstones and any unwanted evolution stones to the Gentleman in the Icirrus City Pokemon Center.

If you have a Pokemon that knows Thief, you can use it to steal Everstones from wild Roggenrola/Boldore.

Roggenrola/Boldore have a 50% chance of holding an Everstone, which is fairly common.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
You could also go the classic way and have your first party Pokémon hold the Amulet Coin while battling trainers. The move Pay Day will be nifty too!

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2012
Becoming a pokemon breeder?

So I started playing Pokemon 2 weeks ago for the first time (yeah I know I'm late to join the fun but hey better than ever haha).So far I'm focusing more on finishing the game and learning the deeper mechanics of the game as Black and White 2 is coming out in a few months. But I was wondering as I am more of a friendlier person than a competetive guy (and frankly those team building guide are giving me a headache lol) if being a pokemon breeder is something sought after and fun to do.

I mean I am sure a lot of people are trying, like me, to get the 2 other starter pokemons and are not ready to exchange a legendary or grind a lvl 100 emboar to get one. Being a pokemon breeder could be fun as to help others get those pokemons easily without having a headache.

Anyway just wondering, any advice would be welcome :D

Z

Psiiionic

RNG please ^-^
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 12, 2017
I am using the Rng for breeding do I click international parents for Pokes gotten off pokecheck or does international pokes refer to Japanese named pokes?

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
I cannot enter Random Matchup Challenge!

None of my Pokemon know dark void or sky drop.
They are all SHINIES with no held items.
This is my Pokemon team:
Hydreigon
Dragon pulse
Body slam
Outage
Echoed voice

Swoobat
Psychic
Psyshock
Shadow ball
Fly

Gengar
Sucker punch
Dark pulse
Destiny bond
Venoshock

Glameow
Slash
Sucker punch
Hone claws
Crunch

Politoed
Hyper voice
Bubble beam
Ice beam
Earthquake

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
A question about Black & White

Helloez,

So my question is, what are the main differences between those two? I'm about to buy Nintendo DS. And which one would oy uprefer and why?

Thanks.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Is it a Wifi problem? Or does the lady say that you can't enter?

Did you get these off of Pokegen or Pokecheck? Are they hacked in any sort of way?

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2012
Are there any pokemon?

Are there any pokemon that can learn false swipe and mean look... or are those moves available in tm form to teach to pokemon...I mean thunderus was a pain in my ass because he kept fleeing from battle and im not sure if cobalion and his significant others do the same. Any info will be great and if anyone is willing to trade me any pokemon who has these moves that would be even better thanks.

Years

Go fishing in Undella Bay. Shellder hold Pearl or Big Pearl which when sold go for 1400 for just a pearl which is at least better to double what can be gotten from a Pokemon with Sturdy ability. They also have rather weak attack stats.

Compoundeyes in lead position (fainted, from partner in Double grass = PC and Move Pokemon is good healing) can have a Pokemon with Frisk or Pickup free to Thief, Covet, or get item from other means such as capture or item swapping with the opponent.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
My connection is perfect.
It tells me there is a problem with my Pokemon.

And they are from pokegen

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
it means some of your pokemon are not legal , use pokecheck to see whats making them illegal , ( use pokegen and save the pkm , make an account on the site and upload the pkm)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Helloez,

So my question is, what are the main differences between those two? I'm about to buy Nintendo DS. And which one would oy uprefer and why?

Thanks.

This is kinda covered by what the FAQ says right here and the actual "Black or White" thread - based on what others have chosen, so I've merged it here in case anybody has any specific reasoning why you should choose one or another. :) Ultimately though? It's up to you. If worst comes to worst, get both? :3;

Years
Is it possible to leave the Pokemon League after defeating the Elite Four, but before battling N? I know you have access to a PC, but the team I have planned for N's Castle needs a bit of leveling up, so I'd like to know if I'll need to get that done before or after the Elite Four.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back