• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Ahh good 'ol Olimar. I don't even like the guy, he's way boring using those pikmins D:

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
Yeaaah, actually, the only reason why I like to have him on the field is to try and kill as many Pikmins as possible. Then he gets some new ones out and the game can start again. :DD
It can be hard but it's still sorta fun xD

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've always found Olimar fairly useless myself. He moves pretty fast but he isn't agile. I find his movement limited, even with the Pikmin, which is a shame because the concept had a lot of potential :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Olimar is easy to beat for me, in my opinion...especially when I set him as a L9 CPU and using either Pikachu or Toon Link (my two mains), and boom...three straight KO's and his Pikmin don't stand a chance against me. xD

Mind if I start a topic to keep this club goin'?

What's your favorite SSBB stage to brawl on?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Your username: LilJz

I play SSBM and SSBB when my friends wants to. But mostly play SSBM :)

Last edited:

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Your username: CourageHound

Anserwing Topics:
What are your top five characters to play as?
Main:Yoshi
Secondaries: Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Bowser, Lucario

What is your favorite stages to play on?

Delifino Plaza, Battlefield, Smashvile, Final Destination, and Rainbow Cruise

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I've always found Olimar fairly useless myself. He moves pretty fast but he isn't agile. I find his movement limited, even with the Pikmin, which is a shame because the concept had a lot of potential :(
Olimar is arguably the best character in the game not named Meta Knight though. He can shut down many characters, is the KING of ground games and iirc the only character that has a 5-5 match-up vs Meta Knight. His Pikmin are diverse, and if you know how to manage them, the game is as good as yours. The Pikmin are so ridiculously good, and if you have the right Pikmin at your disposal you can pretty much shut down any and every character and control the whole ground space. His normals and aerials are good too, and can play defensively and offensively. Hell, he has no flaw in his design bar one thing - his recovery. His recovery is so awful that he must stay on the ground for the majority of the fight, so any aerial fighter (see: Wario, Meta Knight, Yoshi) can have a field day with him should they exploit his weakness. Though he's still dangerous because his Pikmin can utterly destroy you if you're careless. Olimar is one character that must be played carefully as and against. This is from an ex-Olimar main.

Anyway haven't been in this topic for a while. With Playstation All-Star Battle Royale out in two weeks or so I'm actually in the mood for playing Smash. Still maining Wario and Snake, and I don't plan to change. (They are my favorite video game characters, after all. Helps that I'm a huge fan of their fight style.)

Final Destination and Smashville with no items...:V. Though if I feel like playing the game as it's intended I usually go with Delfino Plaza, Port Town or Warioware Inc.

It's such a SHAME that Shadow Moses Island is a boring design. I'd love to play it because Kojima designed it and it's Shadow Moses Island for god's sake, but it's awful imo.

Last edited:

CourageHound

Years
Olimar is arguably the best character in the game not named Meta Knight though. He can shut down many characters, is the KING of ground games and iirc the only character that has a 5-5 match-up vs Meta Knight. His Pikmin are diverse, and if you know how to manage them, the game is as good as yours. The Pikmin are so ridiculously good, and if you have the right Pikmin at your disposal you can pretty much shut down any and every character and control the whole ground space. His normals and aerials are good too, and can play defensively and offensively. Hell, he has no flaw in his design bar one thing - his recovery. His recovery is so awful that he must stay on the ground for the majority of the fight, so any aerial fighter (see: Wario, Meta Knight, Yoshi) can have a field day with him should they exploit his weakness. Though he's still dangerous because his Pikmin can utterly destroy you if you're careless. Olimar is one character that must be played carefully as and against. This is from an ex-Olimar main.

I cannot possibly calculate the awesomeness of this post. Everything was spot on. I almost decided to main olimar myself but decided to second him and main Yoshi instead due to his adorableness and unorthodox fighting style. Tbh until i dissected and learned yoshi's character I was utter-ably hopeless with him. Mainly due to most non-yoshi mains viewing as yoshi hardest to control. Anyway while playing Yoshi i feel like I can take on the majority of the cast bar say, wolf, lucario, samus DX, and marth.

SinisterEternity

Years
@Spinosaurus - I have yet to meet someone who'd play as Olimar without getting owned, so I'd not really know, though even as a level 9 he is no match for me. xD
Then again a good player may make things different. xDD

YAY !
I'd say Hyrule Temple (from SSBM but still <3), Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, New Pork City, Frigate Orpheon and Smashville, especially on Saturdays :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Olimar is easy to beat for me, in my opinion...especially when I set him as a L9 CPU and using either Pikachu or Toon Link (my two mains), and boom...three straight KO's and his Pikmin don't stand a chance against me. xD

Mind if I start a topic to keep this club goin'?

You sure you're not handicapping your way to victory? :P

Favorite...well Leaf Storm, you know how I always pick Final Destination & Battlefield when we face lol, except everytime I pick Battlefield we end up playing your selective map x) But I also love Delfino Plaza, Spear Piller & Lylat Cruise The maps I really dislike are...if I remember the name..the Ice Climbers map from Melee & Donkey Kong's Rumble Falls. In other words, the moving maps like those just are stupid.

So my reasons?
1. Final Destination: Easily the most simple map ever, the background, the colors are magnificent. It is easily the most overrated map, but I love it!
2. Battlefield: Could very well fall right behind Final Destination in this but with platforms to add to it. I love the timing zone in the background in Brawl especially
3. Delfino Plaza: Its a great map, I love fighting on the platforms when the stages move around. Not to mention I main Peach so a little thing call "Home" is sweet every now & then.
4. Spear Pillar: I like the two areas to fight with any random three Pokemon showing up in the background to spice things up. The coloring is nice too.
5. Lylat Crusie: Star Fox, 'nuff said. I like doing the Star Fox specials too x)
6. Castle Siege: 3 different stages in 1 basically. Amazing Stage!
Uhh how about we talking about overall? From the original & Melee as well.

Princess Peach's Castle is definitely one of my all time favorites. But so are the other classic Mario maps too. Actually shocking one of those never came to Brawl

Your username: LilJz

I play SSBM and SSBB when my friends wants to. But mostly play SSBM :)
To add to that, who do you main with? What do you like most about the SSB franchise? Tell us more about your interest in this x)
Your username: CourageHound

Anserwing Topics:
What are your top five characters to play as?
Main:Yoshi
Secondaries: Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Bowser, Lucario

What is your favorite stages to play on?

Delifino Plaza, Battlefield, Smashvile, Final Destination, and Rainbow Cruise
Smashville is actually pretty cool, I like the K.K. songs indeed from Animal Crossing & its brilliant adding some in Brawl. Rainbow Cruise is alright, I prefer Princess Peach's castle from Melee though. That was one of my all time favorites. Maybe in the next one?
I like Yoshi too, I don't see why people struggle to use him, especially the egg move. My best friend agrees with me on that also. Oh well. Lucario is fun to use, though I prefer Mewtwo all the way. I get mixed feelings about Pokemon Trainer, I mean I love the 3 Pokemon, don't get me wrong. I just don't know which one I favor the most of the 3 x) Definitely not Charizard though, its a tie between Squirtle vs Ivysaur.

Anyway haven't been in this topic for a while. With Playstation All-Star Battle Royale out in two weeks or so I'm actually in the mood for playing Smash. Still maining Wario and Snake, and I don't plan to change. (They are my favorite video game characters, after all. Helps that I'm a huge fan of their fight style.)

Final Destination and Smashville with no items...:V. Though if I feel like playing the game as it's intended I usually go with Delfino Plaza, Port Town or Warioware Inc.

It's such a SHAME that Shadow Moses Island is a boring design. I'd love to play it because Kojima designed it and it's Shadow Moses Island for god's sake, but it's awful imo.
My best friend has Olimar as his fifth best character in SSB. Olimar was the only character he had to give me a lecture one to be honest x) I didn't know Down + B calls your Pikmin back until a couple weeks ago. So that helps using him a bit easier, but still not impressed with Olimar x) Spino, next time you get on iirc, we'll exchange friend codes & whatnot, I've gotten quite a few people playing Brawl & we can play matches with all 4 players & whatnot in "With Friends." I don't like Time, so I mainly do Stock, shame they took bonus out! Coin is alright. Not to mention I prefer no items as well, I keep playing against people who likes items on >:( Items are annoying lol

Peach still has my favorite special!

@Spinosaurus - I have yet to meet someone who'd play as Olimar without getting owned, so I'd not really know, though even as a level 9 he is no match for me. xD
Then again a good player may make things different. xDD

YAY !
I'd say Hyrule Temple (from SSBM but still <3), Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium 2, New Pork City, Frigate Orpheon and Smashville, especially on Saturdays :D
The only level 9 that is actually competitive is Falco, the rest are just a piece of cake to me.

SinisterEternity

Years
The only level 9 that is actually competitive is Falco, the rest are just a piece of cake to me.

Did you do that on purpose ? xDD

I'll admit most lvl 9 aren't really a challenge anymore once we know our moves. So then I have to say, still even if played by an actual player, I still haven't been able to play against someone who could prove that Olimar can actually be useful. xD

CourageHound

Years
Uhh Sinister. Go watch some youtube videos on SSBB tournament matches and you'll see how good olimar is. Specifically you can check out a japaneese olimar player. His smash name is Brood.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll agree with Sector and go with Final Destination as my favorite SSBB stage. No matter the music, I'll always brawl with one of my two mains no matter what. xD A close second would be the Melee version of Pokemon Stadium. The 2nd one is harder to brawl in though.

Spear Pillar...It's an alright stage, but lol @ having to go upside down. I cannot maneuver that xD

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I play all the games inverted, so used to that, so when Dialga turns the stage upside down or Palkia flips the stage horizontally, it doesn't really bother me x) I was actually shocked they had Cresselia up there, to think with Palkia/Dialga that they would put Giratina there instead. Cresselia being my 2nd favorite Pokemon & Latias my first, I'm actually pleased to see both Pokemon are in this game threatening the fighters <3

The Melee stages are alright, I've played them a bunch in Melee so I prefer the custom or Brawl stages. Speaking of which....

What kind of custom stages have you created? Do you Brawl on them regularly? If you want to show pictures, go right ahead. I have an SD card but I don't have anything to insert it into my laptop so...I'm out of luck to show everyone. I have about 15 created, but I don't like wasting a lot of memories/block on just a single game x)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Uhh Sinister. Go watch some youtube videos on SSBB tournament matches and you'll see how good olimar is. Specifically you can check out a japaneese olimar player. His smash name is Brood.
Ohhh yeah. Brood's a beast.

HOWEVER, I still think this is the best Brawl match I have ever seen. Really showcases the great decision behind Snake's design as well.

SinisterEternity

Years

I only said that I personally have never played against someone who is good as Olimar, not that Olimar wasn't good if played by a great player. O_o

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I only said that I personally have never played against someone who is good as Olimar, not that Olimar wasn't good if played by a great player. O_o
But any character is good with a great player, it's what the character is capable of that matters. Honestly, I think judging a character based on A.I is completely unfair because the A.I never uses a character's strong and weak points to its advantage like a real player would do. Even Meta Knight, the best character in the game, isn't anything special on Lv.9.

SinisterEternity

Years
Exactly, so I'll be waiting to meet someone who knows Olimar greatly so that I get to know "who" Olimar really is. xD

I'll have to check regarding the Custom stages topic, I can't remember exactly D:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
All the characters I hate and find useless (and assume everybody else finds the same) seem to be the ones that, to my surprise, everybody loves and puts in some "uber" category as game sweepers. King Dedede, Olimar...

I think the only one we can all agree on being terrible is Captain Falcon :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back