• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2016
I searched the entire thread, but haven't found the right question and answer.

I play Pokemon HG, I've beaten the Elite 4, the credits go on and on, and suddnely, boom, "The rom image crashed". what could it be? I'm using the USA gold version, on no$gba 2.6a.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2021
ANSWER TO FREEZING AND BLACK SCREEN.

wall

I have done that, except that I didn't find the xpa-phg.nds. How to use NO$GBA with NO$ZOOMER?

Anyway, I get the game to start as a usual DS game, (where you choose with your pen, pictochat etc.) when I then click the game it says "ROm image has crashed"

SO I guess it's the rom's fault but when I try to download xpa-phg.nds it has no seeders..
Then I found it, but instead of it working, I can't even open the game. Worse than before.

I really want to play this game and I would be very happy if you would take yourself time to help me :)

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
PM me the .dsv file and I'll change it for you.

Stunna

Hungry Boy
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2013
Can someone help me out, I'm playing a ROM of PoKeMoN HeartGold, and I'm in the Sprout Tower.

I'm on the top level of the tower, and whenever I'm engaged in battle by a monk, the game freezes as the battle begins.

I had a few cheats activated, but I removed them, and it still freezes.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Whenever I try to patch any hacks to these Roms, the game either won't load in the emulator or the emulator shuts down.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
every time I KO a pokemon in the game the game freezes so that I can't play the game how to solve this problem?

I don't know if this was in HG/SS, but was the sound running? A similar thing occured in D/P/Pt where the game semi-froze as the sound was muted when the Pokemon were knocked out, kinda stopping the game proceeding.

Try unmuting the sound if you have muted it before.

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
thanks banjora I've changed the sound method and now it doesn't freezes anymore!
I've played muted and now I turn on the sound and it works fine!
so if this happens to another one tell him that this is the correct solution

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 19, 2011
Problem with soul silver and gold working on DS emu / computer

Hi,

I wanted to know how to get some of the poke games working on the Nintendo DS emulator on the computer. All the other games are working like mario olympics and another pokemon perle but in french which is not as fun to play when you don't know the language.

The games that aren't working are soul silver and gold however, I see everything at the start when you setup like choosing your name and selecting either male or female and the sound fully works and its smooth no problem there, but once it gets to the game where you actually start I can hear the song but it stays pitch black on the screen? Exactly same thing happens on both soul silver and gold but the other games work fine? So I thought it had something to do with changing the settings somewhere?

Please can someone help me? Is it to do with patching it or some setiing on my computer or on the emulater I need to change?

Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2011
I know this is my first post, and for that i may be regarded as a leecher (Dunno what this forums views are on leeching, i've known some to be very strict on that front.) Anyway, time to cut the crap and get to the problem.

I have a HG ROM titled "Heartgold (retail) - LW" - Could be English or US.
My problem is this:
I have used an AR code to fix the black screen problem, and for the most part, my game has been relatively freeze free. Recently though, it's started freezing every 30 seconds or so (Just reached Route 31). In the past 8 attempts, i haven't managed to get past KO'ing a wild opponent (Haven't tried a trainer) and running from battle works fine.
If there is a fix it would be greatly appreciated (I did start looking through the thread, but nothing was working, then i tried searching 'battle freeze' which also gave no relevant results).
Since i am an utter n00b at using ROMs and No$GBA, an AR code would be most helpful. Failing that then i'll follow every instruction to the letter.
Massive thanks to anyone & everyone that can help in advance!
EDIT: My sound isn't muted.

I see everything at the start when you setup like choosing your name and selecting either male or female and the sound fully works and its smooth no problem there, but once it gets to the game where you actually start I can hear the song but it stays pitch black on the screen?
If you're using No$GBA, just go to - Utility > Cheats > Add New. Then copy & paste:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

CAll it whatever you like, but make sure "Action replay DS" is checked. I haven't checked "RAW" and it works fine for me.
Every time you start, just go into Utility > Cheats & activate that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 6, 2023
Anyone know the minimum system requirements to run this game at 60 FPS?

I can get the game to open up fine. It plays smooth and looks great.. however it runs at like 10-20 FPS which is truly unplayable.

Melloeta_Step

I love Fat and Cute Pokemon.
Years
I use the DeSmUmE emulator and Sometimes, When i go down the stairs or up. My overworld sprite is like a Black box

CharmanderFan123

Death is only an illusion.
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
When I play Soul Silver after awhile(about 24 actions I.E battles, talking, entering/exiting) it freezes, or the sprites turn all weird. I can save it when the sprites turn weird luckily but sometimes I don't find out until a battle where I enter a trainer battle and the Pokeballs just keep spinning and spinning and spinning.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
When I play Soul Silver after awhile(about 24 actions I.E battles, talking, entering/exiting) it freezes, or the sprites turn all weird. I can save it when the sprites turn weird luckily but sometimes I don't find out until a battle where I enter a trainer battle and the Pokeballs just keep spinning and spinning and spinning.
You must save really often =) But yes, spinning Pokeballs are known glitch.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2011
I got heartgold to work by downloading winDS PRO (just google it) using the no$Zoomer

I got heartgold to work by downloading winDS PRO (just google it) using the no$Zoomer option
when the game starts just go to others/ cheats
select add new
input the folowing:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000

Before you click okay, be sure that "Action Replay DS" is checked at the bottom of the window, and "RAW" is checkmarked underneath the okay and cancel buttons
then name it what you want and click okay

Double click the code title in the cheats window to enable it. To make sure it is enabled, look for a check mark next to it.

As long as this code is activated, you will not have any black screens while starting your game or loading a saved game. You can activate and deactiviate it whenever you want

the game will still freeze once in a while so save a lot

----------------------------------------------------
the only problem i still have with this metod is that i cant get the in game clock to work
if you want it to be a specifc time you have to to options and manualy set the date

if anyone finds a way to solve this problem i would be gratefull

ps:the same code seen to work for soulsilver but i still havent tested it enough to know

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back