• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Topaz

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Intro
I'm in the concept stages of a game I'm making now, called Pokémon Topaz. This wll take place in two regions, the Sentou Region, and the Visou Region. There will be all 649 Pokémon available, as well as the following additions to existing evolutionary families (none of which are yet sprited as non-fusions):

Spoiler:

Also, Luvdisc will evolve into Alomomola by using a Water Stone, and Tauros will evolve into Bouffalant by reaching Level 37.

Story
You have just graduated from the Trainer Academy in Hightown Village of the Sentou Region, and Professor Mahogany is giving you your first Pokémon to celebrate this. Moments after you get your first Pokémon, your Rival also gets theirs and challenges you to a battle. When the battle finishes, Professor Mahogany tells you both that there is an evil team known as Team Eon that is experimenting on wild Pokémon in an attempt to make them much stronger. You are then told that it's up to you to stop this, and you work your way around both Regions in an attempt to stop that organisation.

However, you are then ambushed by Team Eon and immediately wake up in the Visou Region's Kasyko Town, looking a mess and without your Pokémon. You do eventually find it, and are forced to battle a small amount of weak grunts. Professor Mahogany then congratulates you, gives you clean clothes and some PokéBalls. Also, you will then be given the option to choose another Starter, along with your rival, and he will once again choose the Starter that is strong against yours.

As you travel around the Regions, you uncover more about Team Eon and their mysterious past. You also meet old faces that help you along the way, who will offer moral support, and some will even give you a free Pokémon after completing certain post-game missions.

Main Characters

Spoiler:

Regions

Spoiler:

Sentou
nflh01.png

Spoiler:

Visou
15rmexc.png

Spoiler:

National Dex
Spoiler:

If I've posted any Pokémon twice, let me know and I'll change them.

The gym leaders in these regions are:

Spoiler:

Conclusion
Yes, this game is in an incredibly early, pre-alpha stage because I'm struggling to choose what to make this game with. I can't afford any of the RPG Maker programs, but at the same time, Game Maker Lite (As I can't afford the real deal) will hardly be able to make a Pokémon game as far as I know. So for now, I'm just gathering resources and working on my ideas. If anyone would offer to help me in any way that they can, I'll be extremely grateful.

P.S.: Sorry if I've placed this in the wrong subforum; I didn't see a Team Discussions thread for Game Development.

Last edited:

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Mini-bump.

I've added the National Dex of the Region, and I'm around 90% finished on my Visou Region map. In fact, all I need to do now is add cities, which will take half an hour at the most.

EDIT: And here's the Visou Map:

15rmexc.png

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I like your fakemon names :) They go well with the Pokemon they are trying to represent!

As well, your splices / Frankensprite are pretty good. I can't do frankenspriting (let alone actual sprites), so even to me it's impressive in a way.

Also, I hope you're not being over-ambitious with those regions! The maps are huge and will take a long time to fully develop and make unique from one another. If you can do it, then that's fantastic, but I think it's a bit over-the-top :v I've spent over fifty hours on my game so far and have mapped five cities and maybe ten or so routes, not including caves and forests. It's not even 25% done! I can't imagine how long it'll take to map out your regions; however, like I said before, it would be fantastic if you did. Determination!

/cheers~

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I like your fakemon names :) They go well with the Pokemon they are trying to represent!

As well, your splices / Frankensprite are pretty good. I can't do frankenspriting (let alone actual sprites), so even to me it's impressive in a way.

Also, I hope you're not being over-ambitious with those regions! The maps are huge and will take a long time to fully develop and make unique from one another. If you can do it, then that's fantastic, but I think it's a bit over-the-top :v I've spent over fifty hours on my game so far and have mapped five cities and maybe ten or so routes, not including caves and forests. It's not even 25% done! I can't imagine how long it'll take to map out your regions; however, like I said before, it would be fantastic if you did. Determination!

/cheers~
Thanks; I didn't actually think that I did too well with the names, so it's great to know that you like them.

As for the sprites, the Sentou Gym Leaders, Elite Four and Champion sprites are all from a year and a half ago... But if they still look okay, I'm glad to hear that. Also, you'll probably be able to fuse trainers if you give it a little bit of practice; I'd get up my first ever sprite fusion to show you how bad I started off, but it would be embarrassing. XD

And yeah, two Regions will definitely be hard work, but it didn't take too long to do the Kasyko Town map, which is hopefully a good sign. Bigger maps will obviously take longer to do, though.

Last edited:

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
Mini-bump!

I've updated the first post with some more information, slightly expanded the Pokédex, and I'm working on the designs of the Team Eon Grunts.

Last edited:
Back