• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Johto Reboot [T]

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Rupert Milton Banks || Route 29
4.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png

Pokedex Completion: 0.15% (1/649)
Chapter 1.4: Sand and Fire

After the battle, Hellfire and Banks entered the Route. As it turned out, Hellfire likes being outside his Pokeball. Not that it dislikes being inside; Banks just felt that his starter would be happier if he is outside his Pokeball. He tried recalling it of course. Hellfire entered but, when Banks called it again, Hellfire seemed a little more contented just walking around. What is inside a Pokeball anyway? So that's how they entered Route 29, with trainer and Pokemon walking around. As expected, Hellfire was looking around, taking in everything around him.

"Hey, man," Banks said, as they walked through the tall grass. Banks was just thankful that he is wearing jeans as grass would probably too itchy to travel in. Those who said that shorts are comfy and easy to wear never travelled through tall grass "We need to catch some Pokemon in this route, is that okay?" Hellfire just breathed another small flame. I'll take that as a yes.

The two of them spotted a Pidgey among the grass. It was silently pecking at something on the ground, probably some fallen nuts or grains from the grass. Banks don't know anything about botany so he am clutching at air there. "Hellfire, you see it?" Hellfire nodded. Hey! You can react without spitting flame at me! Maybe we can actually make this work! "I need you to weaken it enough-HELLFIRE!" Banks screamed as his Charmander bounded towards the Pokemon. It spit out another flame (Banks is guessing is Ember) towards the Pidgey. However, the Pokemon just flew up high in order to evade the attack. "Hellfire, show it your Ember you kept on using on me!" The Charmander nodded and emitted another flame. It hit the Pidgey which brought it into the ground. However, it was not down. It rushed towards Hellfire with an attack Banks recognized as Tackle. Hey, I am learning! "Dodge then Scratch!" Hellfire jumped upwards and brought out a claw towards the Pidgey. It was gleaming in the sunlight and Banks felt proud regarding his Pokemon.

The Pidgey kicked up some sand, blinding Charmander and breaking Banks' moment of glory. "Hellfire!" He was tackled once again, throwing the Pokemon on the ground. The Pidgey once again flew up high and crashed on Charmander again. However, Charmander in a desperate attempt to "unblind" himself, spit out another Ember which burned the Pidgey. Both Pokemon were down, but Banks knew Hellfire was not out as it stood up and started shaking whole body, sending sand everywhere.

"Char!" Banks screamed. Hellfire puffed up his chest as if saying I conquered. "You did it!" In his delight, Banks nearly have forgotten about the Pidgey. He hastily pulled out a Pokeball and threw it towards the Pokemon before it becomes conscious again.

A rock.

Another one.

Banks held his breath, praying to Arceus that his second Pokemon would be just a second away.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years

MESSENGER
BAGVENTORY

Pokéball x4
Chunks of Paper x∞
---
---
---

POKÉMON
ROOSTER

001.gif

161.gif
Brianna Brielle Jensen

BOOK ONE: [INSERT TITLE HERE]

Part the Third; Part Two
Route 29

"No, no no! Attack you stupid Pokémon!" An angry Bree yelled in frustration as she witnessed how her Pokémon were slowly being humilliated by a petit-sized-Pokémon's Metal Claw.

"Saur!" Sotelo lands on its stomach as it stands back and prepares a poisonous fuid in its mouth.

"Now!" The trainer's Teddiursa leaps towards its opponents and literally slaps it with its Metal Claw. Not only was the dinosaur Pokémon damaged, but it also spit his Sludge attack the wrong way.

One could say that Bree is very frustrated right now...

"I'm very frustrated right now!" Told you so, "Herrharrier! Do something useful!"

Herrharrier used Rest (pun intendedly) and is sleeping next to the watching eye of the Pidgey from earlier. Deal with it, punk.

"Oh my god, she can't even get a Sentret to move its paws! That's hilarious, isn't it hilarious girls?"

Both girls next to Bree's unpleasant guest -Julia- appear to be nodding. So they're her pets, huh? She had a hunch that they had no will for themselves and she seemed to be just right on that one.

"No, no, no! Do something already!"

Sotelo stood again. This wan't over. He... he couldn't loose against a random teddy bear. He wasn't going to--

"Finish him with another metal Claw!"

Brianna froze as she saw a devastating blow landing in Sotelo's face, thrwing him away so that it didn't stand up again. The defenseless creature closed its eyes and fainted before hitting the nearby ground. A tear slid down Bree's face.

Her first Trainer battle...
And she lost...
She... lost a battle... against a Trainer...

A circus of thought swamped her head. If she couldn't take down one Pokémo, or command a Sentret to attack, then wat was she good for. Is she even good at this Trainer mambo-wambo to begin with?

"That was fast..." Julia said with anything but satisfaction. She wanted her Teddiursa to play with its food at least two more seconds... Guess you can't help it when your opponent is just that weak, huh? Oh, well... "That was lame."

((OOC: Will finish this in part three ;]
Also, no, I won't have Sentret using Rest. That was just for the lolz :p))

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Rupert Milton Banks || Route 29
4.png
16.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png
Pok%C3%A9_Ball_III.png

Pokedex Completion: 0.31% (2/649)
Chapter 1.5: Gust is Little Miss Perfect

Banks watched in amazement as the Pokeball wriggled to a stop. I caught my very first Pokemon. The thought was too much for Banks to handle as he jumped around the grass. Hellfire seemed to share his joy as it spit out several tongues of flame upwards, singing the leaves of the trees around them. Fortunately, the fire was just too small to start burning things but it still left some smoke around them. "Hellfire, we did it!" Banks held the Pokeball in my hands, amazed at how a Pokemon's essence, everything it is, could be compressed to some kind of energy and stored inside capsules not much larger than his hand. "I call for Pidgey!" Banks threw the Pokeball and my newly caught Pokemon went out. The Pidgey flew up high, scattering dust by the slow flapping of its wings. It landed next to Charmander and looked curiously at the Flame Pokemon.

"Pid?" It cocked its head. Charmander was looking at it, his teeth showing. Banks was not sure if it is due to delight or some thing but he breathed a sigh of relief as Hellfire seemed to think that the Pidgey was sufficiently worthy to become its teammate.

"Okay, guys. meet each other. This is Hellfire," Banks said, pointing to the Charmander who spit out a small flame at the bird's feet. It simply flew above its trainer's head. "And this is... Uhmm... Gust." It was a simple name but Banks guess it fits. "Welcome to the team, Gust."

"Pid!" Banks was determined to try out the strength of his newly caught Pokemon. "All right. I don't know how we'll do this but I need to see how good you are to listening to me. Is that okay, Gust?" The Pidgey flapped its wings. Banks hoped it was in agreement. He decided to just let his two Pokemon out their balls as they travel along the route. Like what his mom said, Route 29 was pretty short but Banks and his Pokemon needed to circle around some tall ledges that, between the three of them, they could not climb. It required them to go through more clusters of tall grass. Banks was just glad. Grass is Pokemon. And Pokemon is experience.

The trainer spotted a pair of Sentret chasing each other playfully among the tall grass. They darted to and fro, black blurs in the tall grass. Banks saw his chance. He has two Pokemons and the opponent numbered in two. It's fair game.

"Hellfire! Gust!" He called his two Pokemon. As suspected, Hellfire bounded into action again, flames already forming in his mouth. However, Gust just seemed to fly higher. It decided to land on one of the branches on the trees near them. "What? Seriously? Gust, come here and battle!" The Pidgey looked at its trainer.

"Pid!" It started pruning itself, pecking dirt from its whole body. Hellfire made a sound that sounded like the Charmander-equivalent of a laugh. "Hey!" The shout got the Sentret attention. The blurs stopped for a moment and stared at the scenery. Finally, their sight landed on Charmander, with flames forming in its mouth. It was an invitation to attack.

The two Sentret, unlike others, seemed to be more aggressive. Before Hellfire could attack, before he even noticed the two, the pair of Pokemon have already managed to attack Banks' starter. Charmander yelped.

"Hellfire!" Banks shouted. He decided to deal with Gust later. "Ember!" Hellfire attacked but missed as it was distracted by the quick movements of the Pokemon. One on one, Hellfire could take either of it, but not on a double battle. Banks needed to get his grip together.

"Set the grass ablaze!" Hellfire started burning a circle around itself, keeping the Sentret out. Banks hoped his plans would work. He waited as the grass slowly burned.

Back