• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of pet do you wish to own?

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
I have a dog, and 2 cats but don't live with them, they're at my dads house :[ love them though.

I've had a leopard gecko for 11 years, he died recently but I think he lived a pretty long life. I also used to have a few hamsters and a some fish. Also at one point I had a parakeet but we gave it away to a family. When I was little we used to always have kittens..being born in our backyard. They were sort of feral, but they seemed to make an exception with us for some reason and we'd just feed them and stuff. I remember being just a kid and always having kittens playing with me lol. A lot of them we'd keep and others would just go off and run away or we'd give them away, a few occasions we suspected people would steal them and take them to a cat shelter or sell them. I sort of wish my parents never let it happen and just had a few indoor cats, it's sad when you get attached to them and then you never see them again..

I think the easiest pet you could raise is a gecko/lizard, they do require things such as the right temperatures and environment, but overall pretty easy once you get everything together. You just have to keep it clean and change their water everyday, always have food for them and be sure to give them the right vitamins. They're the most adorable things, I really miss mine. D:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I used to have a staffy it was crossbread with like pitbulls and stuff but rusty died and it must have been a really big impact because of what I always name my protagonist in Pokemon after him. I really want a saimese cat and I want to name it Lion-O or maybe Jacques I dunno

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I would love to have a dog, too bad I'm allergic.. Other than that having a hamster would be pretty cool.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
We used to have a dog and two cats. I personally wasn't too fond of the former, as it was quite rude. The cats were pretty sweet though, but unfortunately, they both passed away when I was about eight or nine. Right now, we only have one kitten. When she grows more mature, we may get a bunny. d:

Poki

Banned
Years
I want a pet tiger, a wolf, lots of tarantulas and scorpions, and most important of all - I want to take my dogs back... ;-;

Sirfetch’d

I own a dog and a few cats which I have for a while now but if I could own anything it would be a giraffe. Giraffes are cool.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I want a brave & intellegent and smart dog. Who is loyal and show hotaliti toward his master. A dog who is friendly. And enough good for me. I want German Shephard. Or a golden tetriveir

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Being in the dorms, I think I can get away with having a pet fish. I'd definitely go out and get one if their life expectancy was halfway decent. I've had trouble in the past with fish, so it might be like a bit harrowing.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I've always wanted a chinchilla. I mean, they are so cuuuuuuuute. I love those little guys. I've also wanted to have a cockatiel named Pikachu. Those orange little cheeks are just so fricken adorable. > o <

Warning: Big picture under spoilers!

Spoiler:

How is this bird not super cute? ;o;

Frokage

The legendary curse
Years
Ever since I was four years old I've wanted a Husky. They are such stunningly beautiful creatures. Too bad my mum won't let me have one, but as soon as I'm out of the house I'll definitely get one.<3

And I'd also love to have a bird pet. No sure what kind of bird, but preferably one that can be easily tamed. It seems like so much joy to have a small bird that you can let flying around the house or walk around on your shoulder with and things like that. Would be lovely. ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I would love to own a chipmunk. Those things are adorable. I'd also love to own a Zebra as well, keep it in my yard lol. I love Zebras.

Years
What I would love to have is a parrot - one of the bigger kinds, like a cockatoo or something. The only problem is that I know how high-maintenance parrots can be, and I don't know if I'd be able to take care of one properly even if I could ever afford one. :( Although a smaller one like a cockatiel or a parakeet would be fine for me right now.

I've also gone through some things like "omg I want a rabbit/ferret/chinchilla/insert random animal here", but if there's one thing I still definitely want, it's that parrot. Hah.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
Perhaps we could get a conversation going over advice for people who haven't had a pet but are wanting one, or even advice for a type of pet in general. An example being with cats, or anything with claws really, especially if you are someone who is looking for an animal that you can play with, you have to keep in mind that for most of them, their form of play includes using claws and teeth. Especially if things get a little rougher than intended, expect scratches and bites from a cat. And don't assume because they are scratching or biting that they are playing. There's being playful, and there's a cat trying to tell you to leave it alone, and believe me, if you watch, you can tell the difference.

Years
I grew up in a home with lots of pets. Lots of cats, and some dogs (not at the same time).
Now we have 1 cat left, the last of the family tree and a dog, my best pal.

I really like animals, but I've always wanted one of those Lizards! They're so awesome looking!

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
I would love a turtle, frog/toad, or Geeko. They are adorable creatures and I would love to befriend one. I would also love a beagle. I would name him Snoopy or name her Lucy.

Back