• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
I have a question is it just as rare to find a shiny in Shiny Gold as it is in Fire or Red Leaf Green because I caught a shiny hoppip after only 2 hours of gameplay is that just luck or or is there a higher chance of finding one?

It's just luck, it doesn't matter if you play 2 hours. I once battled a shiny poochyena in ruby... yeah, the poochyena that attacks birch.

john55

Meh
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2009
Not the S.S. Anne but the S.S. Aqua is there to take you back and forth to Jhoto.

What I meant is since S.S. Anne was in Fire Red, would there be a chance that the ship would revisit Vermillion city in the future or maybe even olivine port which could possibly give you more battles or something like that cosidering that the S.S Anne wasn't in the original gold but is in Fire Red. I suppose it'd be a waste other wise of some maps/dungeon you could say of sorts to not use it. That is if zel didn't write over it it or something like that. I just thought it was an interesting idea...

Gerri Shin

  
Years
What I meant is since S.S. Anne was in Fire Red, would there be a chance that the ship would revisit Vermillion city in the future or maybe even olivine port which could possibly give you more battles or something like that cosidering that the S.S Anne wasn't in the original gold but is in Fire Red. I suppose it'd be a waste other wise of some maps/dungeon you could say of sorts to not use it. That is if zel didn't write over it it or something like that. I just thought it was an interesting idea...

I'm pretty sure Zel wrote over the S.S. Anne maps for the S.S. aqua maps. so I don't think that the S.S. Anne will be making any comebacks

Lord Xyron

Chozo Warrior Num.225752
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2008
Hi. I downloaded the patch for Shiny Gold X and got as far as the Sprout tower, when my game crashed. I was wondering if it was because i was using FireRed386. I really like this hack, so please help me!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Hi. I downloaded the patch for Shiny Gold X and got as far as the Sprout tower, when my game crashed. I was wondering if it was because i was using FireRed386. I really like this hack, so please help me!

It's possible. As the ROM you are using has already been modified, you can find some problems with the patch. Try another ROM.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Another glitch... I went to the 3 legendary dogs and they all ran away, right? So i walk down to get to the stairs and whever dog goes down is still sitting there -.-

Then i leave and the Cool Couple are back and I cant get through. O_o

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Ah, gotcha, thanks.

Another glitch... I went to the 3 legendary dogs and they all ran away, right? So i walk down to get to the stairs and whever dog goes down is still sitting there -.-

Then i leave and the Cool Couple are back and I cant get through. O_o

I always hate to tell people this but it's gotta be said, you may have patched to a bad rom or had a cheat on in the emulator that you forgot to turn off. also something i noticed is that if you are west of the cut tree near Mr. Pokemon's house it is not there but if you walk up to the east it is, if you walk over it still isn't there but if you go in and out of his house it will be there.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
I'm guessing you should get a new ROM, but, the bright side is you could get lot's of experience points with the cooltrainer couple!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Um...does this mean that you won't be able to continue from your beta4 save, because you would still have the vs. seeker and that would cause problems?

I'll repoint many Johto and Pokemon Center maps (the PC because it's something I'm doing to fix one of the causes of the shiny glitch), so it'll be better to play the next Beta from the start...
...Don't get too attached to your Pokémon, as I always say ;)

and Zel hasnt been on in a while. Is there maybe a paper or big project?

In fact, it's just that my Uni has taken over my Tuesdays and Wednesdays fully, so I'm not able to connect those two days. Just wait for me the other days (I'll update with this information in my "Zel's Status" section, anyway)

By any chance will there be a return of the S.S. Anne possibly in vermillion or olivine?

Well, Aqua is the one taking place in the world of Gold, so that's the one you'll be seeing in SG also. But, oh, I was thinking of spoiling something, but better not... :P

I have a question is it just as rare to find a shiny in Shiny Gold as it is in Fire or Red Leaf Green because I caught a shiny hoppip after only 2 hours of gameplay is that just luck or or is there a higher chance of finding one?

You got pretty lucky, though in the older thread I think someone found a shiny right as the first wild Pokemon (too bad I've played like a million hours and all I have are two shinies... :( three, but Gyarados really counts? XD)

Uhh hi i heard by looking at past forums that you can get every pokemon in this game, if so dose anyone know how to get bulbsuar see it's my favprote pokemon(next to crobat) and i would really like to get one so if anyone knows how that would be great....

You heard semi-correctly. You WILL be able to get every Pokemon, but, since the game is not complete yet, you cannot obtain all of them just yet. But, for your information...
Spoiler:

HI, about the shiny pokemon glitch,
After I caught the Red Gyarados (female gender) , every Pokemon becomes shiny including trainer's pokemon, wild pokemon becomes shiny and female.. i hate this glitch so is there a way to remove it? i tried to load my previous game and catch it again but still pokemon became shiny... i tried to release it but it didnt change.. pls help me i hate everything shiny... btw i caught gyarados i didnt lose...

I think the real reason for the shiny glitch (outside of the losing case) was residing in the warp command taking place in order to "erase" the Gyarados from the Lake (I found that if you pressed a button in the middle of the warp moment, that truncated the rest of the script and the callasm command didn't get executed). So, since I removed the warp I think everything will be better now (it's more crappy without the warp in my opinion, but if it fixes the problem, who cares, right?)

By the way, pressing buttons in the middle of an event warp is pretty baaaad... If anyone knows if there's a way to disable the use of buttons during a warp, PM me (meanwhile, avoid pressing buttons like mad if there's a warp getting executed)

I'm pretty sure Zel wrote over the S.S. Anne maps for the S.S. aqua maps. so I don't think that the S.S. Anne will be making any comebacks

Yes, that's right.

I always hate to tell people this but it's gotta be said, you may have patched to a bad rom or had a cheat on in the emulator that you forgot to turn off. also something i noticed is that if you are west of the cut tree near Mr. Pokemon's house it is not there but if you walk up to the east it is, if you walk over it still isn't there but if you go in and out of his house it will be there.

Yes, I knew about it already, but thanks anyway.

Well, I'm a bit short of time, but I've finished a big part of the phone booth script (the one where you talk with your contacts, except Mom and Elm, since they tell lots of stuff depending on the moment, but they are easier to script, because all they do is checking a flag, and saying something. It won't take long) I must now modify each rematch trainers' scripts, because they'll no longer need to check if the vs-seeker is getting used. I think it'll be shorter than the phone's script.
Meanwhile, I'll be making a video to show how you can talk with the other trainers, but I'll be doing that tomorrow.

That's all I had. Yep.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Ok i tried 3 different ones, still no luck. Probably one of the pokemon i caught.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
so umm...when beta 5 is coming out...cant wait to play sg beta XD very nice hack... and any1 noes whr to get torchic???

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Here, I finished the video of the Phone Booth, just remember I still need to do that part of talking with Mom and Elm, I'll be working on that for the rest of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRS5WViYAE

More information on how the trainers' scripts will be affected now with the Phone Booth will come as soon as I finish working on their scripts.

Back