• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you ever stop watching the anime?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I dont have cable so pretty much when pokemon went to CN i stopped. Then i saw some new episodes at peoples who had cable, all new voices. I was like... ya no...

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I stopped sometime ago.
Mainly because I seem to have outgrown watching it. Though I do admit that it was fun watching when Ash battled gym leaders and other trainers. X) Brock's obsession with women got a bit annoying, in my opinion.

Years
When I was in fifth grade. Also, when I had no cable. I didn't watch Pokemon. Also, when I had classes that would be the time the show aired.

I actually got used to the new voice actors in the anime. I don't really have a preference actually. I was really used to the old ones at the time of the switch.

I don't know really who to pair Ash with. I just currently watch to see what he's up to.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
The only seasons I have ever watched in full, bar fillers, are probably the original, Orange Islands and DP, because Pokemon stopped airing after Orange Islands when I was a kid. I started going back to the anime when Battle Frontier was almost over and DP was about to begin in Japan.

After DP and a few episodes of Best Wishes, I'm only watching episodes for game cameos such as various gym leaders and major characters, like the Subway Masters and Bianca (but since I don't like anime Bianca, I don't watch the episodes with her in it either). Maybe I've finally had it with Ash and the terrible writing?? Team Plasma VS Team Rocket never getting to air (?) probably didn't help matters.

With the new saga though, I might just begin to tune in again... on N and Plasma-related episodes. :9

(Note: I almost never watch the dub, by the way, so I don't have problems with the voices. The more you know!)

EDIT: As much as I dislike Paul and his existence as a failed version of a Stop Having Fun Guy, as well as the way the saga ended with Ash losing in the semi-finals to a cheater that the writers pulled out of their butts, I still treasure DP a lot. I mean sure the fillers were boring and I didn't really watch those, but the plot-related episodes I did enjoy (especially Ash VS Paul). Gen IV being the time when I was interested into Pokemon again helps.
Also I watched N's debut episode and I decided I will ignore everything else other than game cameos and N/Plasma episodes.

Last edited:

FiyahKitteh

Bubbly Fiyah kitteh
Years
I used to watch the Pokémon Anime pretty much from the first time they aired it here in Europe, but eventually had to stop, since - as you may be able to guess - most of those shows were on during very odd times for people who have a more adult life (apprenticeship, work etc). D:

I am however planning to - some day - start from S01E01 and watch all the way to the "end". That's one Hell of a task and I know it's going to take me about a life-time but hey, why not! xD

Years
pokemon was my childhood back when i was younger,and flashbacks of the idigo league series keep me into it despite me bein older now (22years old),sadly pokemon didnt fit my schedule back then,i was in foster care and the only way i was able to watch pokemon was on channel 11 every saturday morning which aired a new episode (new york),but it was every saturday morning that i wuld be taken to the agency to see my parents,so it wasnt the best situation,to this day i remember me cryin over not bein able to watch a special episode that had articuno in it but not wantin to stay to watch it either due to me wantin to see my parents jeje,but if any of u guys have a way to show me how to download the whole indigo league saga plz let me noe,i just want the indigo league saga

Arcticuno

Revelation Arcticuno
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 22, 2012
I did not watch the Generation 4 Pokemon Anime Diamond & Pearl because it sucked. The characters were just annoying. However, I started watching Pokemon again when Pokemon: Best Wishes! was released and still continue to do so.:cer_nod:

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I am however planning to - some day - start from S01E01 and watch all the way to the "end". That's one Hell of a task and I know it's going to take me about a life-time but hey, why not! xD

I've actually done that during these few years. When I get back home I just pust around 25 episodes on a playlist (japanese, english subs), hit play and start working on graphic projects from work with the window semi-transparent in a corner. =P

But yeah, I stopped watching the TV aired version here around... Koga's gym? I just remember many Venonats...
Then around 6 years ago, I got finished with schools and ended up with way too much free time while job hunting and such. I picked up the episodes and relived childhood practically in half a year until I couldn't find subs for Hoenn episodes. But by now I'm just waiting for the new episodes as the air in japan.

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I stopped watching around well I can't remember when but we (sister, mom, cats) moved into our stepdad's house and they didn't have a channel with it so I felt like I missed too much to keep watching like I haven't seen 1 Full episode from the Best Wishes series. I might consider coming back for the N season since it should be reset like whenever it's a new series/season.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Geez, it's been so long since I watched the anime that I can't honestly remember a whole lot about it, where I stopped exactly, or even the definate why. Here's what I can remember.

I started when it first aired, back before Kids WB got a hold of it, back when the episode titles were just as descriptive as the original Japanese titles. And I remember loving those episodes the most, because 4Kids was a really, really small company back then, and they seemed to be rather humble. The episodes were treated with a certain kind of respect I feel dropped once 4Kids got bigger.

But honestly, I have no beef with 4Kids. I'm far too old to, for one, and through and through, the Pokemon anime was still one of there more faithful works compared to game-animes like Kirby and Sonic X.

Anyway, my sister and I were so on top of the Pokemon anime, it's what convinced us to buy Red and Blue. My first episode was the one where Ash dresses like a girl to fight Erika... I think. The grass Gym Leader at any rate. I thought that was good old fashioned comic-anime gold. My favorite episodes are probably Pokemon Fashion Flash, and the one with the giant fake Pokemon and the Pokemon themselves talking in subtitles. The one that followed, Tentacool and Tentacruel, was pretty neat, too. Aww... now I want to watch these again. I think I was so upset that there were no more episodes after a point. Talk about a cliffhanger, I never thought I'd see the rest of the series. :(

Then it got picked up by Kids WB, and I was estatic. Problem is, now the Kids WB years are one big mess of a blur. I recall only two episodes. Pikachu ReVolts for being an episode done by the "good" animation studio, and Wherefore Art Thou Pokemon because I love me some Nidoran (by extension, I only recall the Nido parts of the pink Pokemon episode, the "Pinky Land" dream sequence, something about Rhyhorn and nothing else). The Johto episodes are when I started to feel some fatigue. Through and through, I liked the Indigo and Orange Island episodes even if my memories are hazy, but Johto was brutal, and I swear the animation quality started to drop. I only remember the Larvitar episode (vaguely), and Squirtle making a comeback in the Johto League. And Chikorita/Bayleef having a crush on Ash. Oh, and Whitney having a Nidorina who was on screen for 5 seconds. :P

Here's the thing, most everyone I knew gave up halfway or even partway into Johto, and I can't blame them. But I presevered, and why? Because the Team Rocket centric episodes (that I don't even remember -_-, though now I'm starting to recall Holy Matrimony) were some of the best character development stories in the series. That, and watching the show just for TR's sh-tick alone gave me a reason to continue. Granted, I started to develop a disliking for Ash's Blast-'em-Now-Ask-Questions-Later mentality towards TR, but I could totally understand that his tolerance level for them was at zero some time before they got to Houen.

Advanced Generation sort of picked things up in the first few episodes. The new digital animation felt inspired, and the quality went up, if only for a short while (they actually started to blink in scenes when they stood around listening to exposition. Amazing!). I loved May and Max, and thought having that brother-sister dynamic in the show was cool. On top of that, I really enjoyed the 3rd generation of Pokemon, and the games way more than generation 2.

And yet, somewhere during Advanced Generation, I just dropped off. It had TR, May and Max, a set of Pokemon I actually liked, but it still wasn't enough. I think it just became too formulaic for me. That, or I was flat out fatigued. Either way, I don't know where I stopped for sure, it was after the Ralts episode, and they weren't done getting all the badges/ribbons/medals/whatever.

I remember catching an episode of generation four where I think Ash's Turtwig evolved into a whatsits (I stopped playing at Gen 3), and all I could think of was "it's still the same old show". Like The Simpsons. Except The Simpsons is probably much worse.

So, that's my long and rambling story, which triggered some fun memories along the way, so I apologize for getting wordy. But yeah, overall, I stopped during AG due to fatigue, or not buying into the formula anymore.

Years
I did! I lost interest in Diamond/Pearl since I didn't like Dawn and fell out of watching around then, though I never really kept up with any generations before that either. But D/P made me lose interest for a while whereas for previous seasons I was just too young to really know that there were Japanese versions out before the English, so...

I'm also going through a phase right now where I'm not watching much, but that'll change once season N rolls around!

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I stopped watching watching the anime a while ago. Probably around the time Ash was in Sinnoh I think. I don't know, my memories of the anime are very hazy. Sometimes I'll be flipping through the channels and stop for a few minutes if I notice it's on, but I never really watch it anymore. I'm pretty sure I just got bored of the series.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

I still watch it from time to time online when I'm bored out of my mind and I have nothing better to do.

Gotta say though, I find the current BW rivals to be very amusing characters. Especially Burgundy and Georgia.

Except Trip. He's bland and boring and he can go to hell.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I stopped watching at Hoenn. I felt the animation quality dropped (and if I'm not mistaken, the animation was done in a different studio beginning at that point), and the quality of the writing dropped, too. I began watching again during the Unova/Best Wishes series, because to me it brings back a lot of the charm, humor, and uniqueness in terms of human characters, animation, and individual Pokemon's personalities that the Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto seasons did so well.

Years
I know I watched up to and including Johto consistently but I had to stop watching on TV for a while cause it changed channels and I wasn't sure where I could watch it anymore, but I still watch it when I can (like sometimes the show the movies once in a blue moon) and I try to keep up to date online :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
i stoped watching black and white because citv kept showing repeats and i never really liked that searies. tbh i think rival destinies is better than black and white, epspecially when dawn came back!

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, I stopped watching when Hoenn ended because DP wasn't so interesting and I didn't like Dawn, now they did something worse. They put Cilan in place of Brock, the one who makes the anime funny and Iris is a copy of Dawn. No, I dunno if she's a copy of Dawn since I don't watch the anime anynore :P

Back