• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use the context bar?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I was just wondering because I don't and had it disabled in my User CP ever since it came out.

Bonus points if you have no idea what the hell it is.

droomph

weeb
Years
no I don't think I've used it, though I've disabled it only once it started to get in the way (my iPod doesn't support whatever it is that causes the context bar to move down with the screen so yeah), which was like two months ago.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I didn't know it even existed. Making me curious now as to its use haha.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I didn't know what that was until I seen Droomph's post.

I use it, but only to access my inbox.
Assuming I understand what it is haha.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Is it the little thing on the bottom of the screen that says "CP, Message Inbox, etc"?

cause if so, I do use it. Not often, but in a long thread, I like to press "Top". Seriously!

If that's not it, then I dunno what it is.

Speaking of which, I can't see what I'm typing cause the damn bar is right over my text.

Years
I've never bothered to disable it, but I hardly use it either. It's been there so long it just blends in with everything.

It's also a lazy way to figure out if any of my notifications were PMs in a glance instead of clicking on the notifications number... :p

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I never use the context bar. It's also a massive pain in the ass when I'm on my ipod, as it blocks me from being able to read posts when I zoom in and click on certain buttons.

Years
Bonus points! I actually had to go into my options in the Control Panel to turn on the context bar, and it's kind of what I was expecting it to be. I disabled it again right away because it didn't really add anything extra that wasn't already available to me on the page, and like a few others have said, I just feel it would get in the way if I were viewing PC on something other than my computer.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It annoyed me as soon as it came out and although I might have gotten used to it/liked it if I had given it a chance, I never did. :(

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I have no idea what the context bar is. And I'm too lazy to find out what it is.

So no, I've never used it and I never will. I've lived this long without it, so I don't see any need to start using it now to satisfy curiosity, especially if it's going to get in the way of forum usage.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I had it disabled, but for some reason today it reactivated itself and won't go away :( Hate it lol

Melody

Banned
Years
I don't use it. I never remember it's there when I might need it unfortunately, and 9/10 it's in the way when it's not needed.

Also firefox has this annoying habit of spawning a tooltip of the url that's loading/being hovered over on the bottom left/right side, so the bar is in a terrible place.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I don't think I've ever used. I didn't even know it was called the context bar until this thread.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
My initial reaction after reading OP:
"What the hell is that?"

My initial reaction after reading Bloodex's post:
"Huh? It's there? *checks*"

My initial reaction after seeing it:
"WTF this stuff was here all the time and I didn't know it? Cool!"

tbh it sounds OK not gonna disable it.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
i've had bad experiences with the context bar so I decided to disable it forever *shrug*

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I didn't even notice it existed until just now...

I guess I don't really need it, considering I usually just visit Pokecommunity and check the forums I typically post in for new replies.

But I can see it being useful for some people.

Back